NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Don't worry man, it always takes a while for shame to go away.

I feel no shame in asking a ginger out. I'd gladly do it again.

I have a date tonight. It's only a drink at a cafe bar place, but it's a date, right?!

Here's the thing though... He's 19. I'm 26. That kind of thing doesn't really bother me, as I think if 2 people get on then who gives a shit how old they are. But I normally don't go for young guys. If anything I prefer a tad older.

But this one has a good job, hates lads his own age as he says they're not mature enough for him, and generally seems to have his head screwed on.

So we'll see. Will report back later!

I have a date tonight. It's only a drink at a cafe bar place, but it's a date, right?!

Here's the thing though... He's 19. I'm 26. That kind of thing doesn't really bother me, as I think if 2 people get on then who gives a shit how old they are. But I normally don't go for young guys. If anything I prefer a tad older.

But this one has a good job, hates lads his own age as he says they're not mature enough for him, and generally seems to have his head screwed on.

It's quite possible that the age gap will be an issue. But there are plenty of couples who have larger age gaps, and they work perfectly. If you don't give it a chance then you won't know either way. Just try not to think about it, otherwise confirmation bias could create an issue where there isn't really one.

Think of it like this - how much 'older' do you really feel now than you did at 19? I know some people find them weird, and when you're younger especially as you kinda don't know it the other way round, but as I get older and realise how un-grownup I feel despite doing grownup things, I realise how little I care about age gaps in most things.

(P.S I actually love gingers)

OK, so I've pretty much got a third meeting, and it's a my house (her suggestion).

I mentioned a favourite film of mine (Into the Wild) and she said she'd been meaning to watch it, so she's suggested we do that. All well and good, and it being at my place has other benefits.

However I want to canvass opinion from you guys (particularly any ladies). Do you think she would be expecting to watch the film in the living room, or my bedroom? The TV in the living room is pretty cack, and less private, but my bedroom is a little presumptuous, and it would mean we would have to watch it on my bed which is possibly not the most comfortable. Additionally (and I may be over-thinking this) I'm conscious of the fact that she's a couple of years older than me, and her OKC profile actually had the age range to contact her as 25-35 (I'm 24), so I'm a little bit wary of doing anything that could be seen as teenage (which watching a film in my bedroom seems a little to me).

What are your opinions?

OK, so I've pretty much got a third meeting, and it's a my house (her suggestion).

I mentioned a favourite film of mine (Into the Wild) and she said she'd been meaning to watch it, so she's suggested we do that. All well and good, and it being at my place has other benefits.

However I want to canvass opinion from you guys (particularly any ladies). Do you think she would be expecting to watch the film in the living room, or my bedroom? The TV in the living room is pretty cack, and less private, but my bedroom is a little presumptuous, and it would mean we would have to watch it on my bed which is possibly not the most comfortable. Additionally (and I may be over-thinking this) I'm conscious of the fact that she's a couple of years older than me, and her OKC profile actually had the age range to contact her as 25-35 (I'm 24), so I'm a little bit wary of doing anything that could be seen as teenage (which watching a film in my bedroom seems a little to me).

What are your opinions?

Switch the TVs over to avoid the situation?

What are your opinions?

You could move the telly from the bedroom to the living room to replace the poverty one.

You mention the living room not being very private. Who do you live with? Is there a chance you'll be interrupted? If so, I'd use the bedroom instead then, maybe.

Switch the TVs over to avoid the situation?

Well in my bedroom it's just a monitor, so I'd have to bring my PC down as well.

You mention the living room not being very private. Who do you live with? Is there a chance you'll be interrupted? If so, I'd use the bedroom instead then, maybe.

I live with 3 other people. I'm sure I could claim the living room for the evening so as not to be interrupted. It just feels less comfortable/intimate. The bedroom is easier to moved things on.

I am considering just buying a telly, but doubt I'll get much use out of it.

What are your opinions?

As Flink says, I'd wonder how unprivate the living room is? Assuming that, yo might not actually be able to swap the TVs round, so you could always pose the very obvious and basic situation - the living room TV is a bit cack but you've got a better TV in your room? It's still a bit weak, but kinda leaves the choice to her. Also how is your bed not comfortable??

How old is she btw, and does she know how old you are? I refer back to my previous post about ages etc

As Flink says, I'd wonder how unprivate the living room is? Assuming that, yo might not actually be able to swap the TVs round, so you could always pose the very obvious and basic situation - the living room TV is a bit cack but you've got a better TV in your room? It's still a bit weak, but kinda leaves the choice to her. Also how is your bed not comfortable??

How old is she btw, and does she know how old you are? I refer back to my previous post about ages etc

Well my bad is comfortable to sleep in, but for two people to watch a 2 and a half hour film, a settee is more comfortable.

Regarding age, she's only 26, but many girls (and I get the impression that this may apply to her) prefer older guys. Also it came up on the first date and she seemed a bit surprised as to my age (much like ReZ seems to be). As I say, probably over-thinking it just don't want to give the wrong impression.

You're 24?!

How old did you think I was?

That's pretty much the same age gap as me and my other half (27 and 21 when we met) and it's not really an issue. As others have said, it's mainly maturity that makes a difference.

Hell, Stephen Fry just married someone 30 years younger than him and they seem happy enough. Age only ever seems to matter to people not in the actual relationship.

Old enough.

article-1348184-0CCFED63000005DC-138_306x423.jpg

Also, ask her what her preference is. That way you can't lose.

Well my bad is comfortable to sleep in, but for two people to watch a 2 and a half hour film, a settee is more comfortable.

Regarding age, she's only 26, but many girls (and I get the impression that this may apply to her) prefer older guys. Also it came up on the first date and she seemed a bit surprised as to my age (much like ReZ seems to be). As I say, probably over-thinking it just don't want to give the wrong impression.

I seee. Comfortable enough for...not sleeping :p? Ofc could you handle getting jiggy whilst she's missing your favourite film, should the situation arise at all?

Just to clarify, age gaps don't bother me. The only thing I was saying is that I generally don't find younger guys attractive and always prefer them older than me so that was my only reservation. Not the fact that there was an age gap.

Regarding the actually date then...

It went really really well.

He was lovely. At first it felt like I was doing all the conversation starting, but I think he may have just been nervous.

We went to a cafe bar place and got kicked out at half 9 as they were closing :heh: we were the last 2 in there just chatting away! He got in my car and we carried on the conversations, just getting to know each other. We were sat there for ages and then he had to go as he is up for work early whereas I have the luxury of Wednesday's off!

Cheeky kiss in the car... :awesome: always good.

He paid, despite my refusing to let him and basically throwing his money back at him ha, but he was completely adamant. So he left it by saying, you're paying next time. To which I just said ohhhh like that is it! But there is going to be a next time.

It was nice how much we had in common and how similar we were. I was like him at that age, quite mature and not really doing what the other 19 and 20 year olds were doing. He has a very nice family too by the sounds of it and is really close to his parents which I like, as I'm the same with my mum and dad and sisters. He also has 2 dogs, so dog lovers are good what with the newest addition to our family being a puppy!!

He text me when he got in saying he thought the evening was perfect, that he thought I was lovely and how he can't wait to see me again already!! How nice! And I think I feel the same. For the first time ever after a first date, I'm quite excited to see where this could lead. Who'd have thought!

I met up with someone a few times that was 9 years younger than me. We joked about it a bit but they acted older than their age and it didn't matter.

Plus my mother married someone ten years younger than her so it's genetic...

You're 24?!

I think he thought you were the TV show.

I'm getting a bit heart-eyed emoji about someone.

Again.

I seee. Comfortable enough for...not sleeping :p? Ofc could you handle getting jiggy whilst she's missing your favourite film, should the situation arise at all?

Well I was thinking more after the film has ended. It would remove the need for the "shall we move this to the bedroom?" question.

Well I was thinking more after the film has ended. It would remove the need for the "shall we move this to the bedroom?" question.

What if you end up watching it in the bedroom and she ends up paying more attention to you than the film?

*whole post*

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Virtual N-E high five!

What if you end up watching it in the bedroom and she ends up paying more attention to you than the film?

*Film ends*

*move in to kiss her*

"That was a great film, let's watch it again!"

/cry

*getting jiggy in the car-date*

Nice one, man. Sounds promising.

What are your opinions?

Definitely, 100% bedroom. Your housemates need to be in on it and be in the living room when she arrives so there's no other option. Even go as far as taking any chairs out of your bedroom so the only remaining option is to sit on the bed (my flatmate does this to great success).

Half-joking above, obviously but I would definitely get her through to your room. You don't want to be distracted by flatmates and god forbid one actually decides to watch the film (Into The Wild is awesome, btw) with you. Get some wine chilling and The Notebook at the ready for when you decide to watch another film afterwards. The Notebook never fails.

Frankly, I wouldn't think it was weird to go through to someone's room. Anyone who's shared a house/flat before knows how it is.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, and this goes to absolutely everyone who's ever had a girl over, but... Get your window open all day to get rid of the smell of 'boy' (as girls put it), room should be spotless, clean sheets (they won't be for long ;) ), made bed, bin in the bathroom with a lid, clean bathroom etc. Open curtains and bedroom door when she arrives as you're a man and don't have anything to hide.

In addition to Charlie's awesome advice here's drahkon's pro tip #147

Don't shower for like two days before the date because when she says: "Something stinks in here." you can respond with: "That's me for sure, let's take a shower so you can wash me."

For added effect, take off your clothes while saying these words.

#totallyworks #10/10 #smashingnicelookingbirds

Anyway, got invited to a house party on Friday. My mate wants me to be his wingman. Never done it before, but he's a good looking dude so it shouldn't be much of a problem :D