NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

If you're talking about Drahkon's tinder chat, it wasn't so much celebrating as saying "Yet another girl is interested in getting a piece, while I'm here anointing my unit for tomorrows all-you-can-fuck buffet."

Fuck man, my English is pretty good (I think) but sometimes I have a hard time understanding what you're saying :laughing:

Thank god for dictionaries and common sense.

I see a lot of celebrating from people, but there's no point celebrating the goal until the ball is in the back of the net...

Is that analogy because the whole game only lasts about 90 minutes, you score once and then everyone has an argument?

Edited by gaggle64

Shifting the goalpost here a little aren't you?

I believe the term is 'projecting'.

I believe the term is 'projecting'.

Don't be silly, Daft.

You don't project goalposts.

Sorry, I forgot it's all about spending weeks trying to get a girl off Tinder to actually meet you, only to be rejected or stood up! That's much better than having sex!!!

I stand corrected!

It seems like you enjoy going out of your way to put people down. I wonder what that says about you?

I can see into the future and I see my inbox being filled with messages of love.

And when I say messages of love I mean forum members reporting each other for whatever personal insult has just been thrown in this thread, in either direction. Let's just skip that, please?

@kav82 and his date exploits, but the pre-date shenanigans are not to be shared? Ridiculous.

These last couple pages have been a great read, so funny. The way I read @Zechs Merquise's post it didn't sound anywhere near like what you guys are making it out to be. Total overreaction to the post.

Zechs has said similar things to me before, it's like a gentle reminder that things can happen where the date may fall through so don't build up hopes too much as you'd not want to feel down after. It's put in the football terminology to make it relatable without having to say directly so that it's seen in a friendly manner.

What I'd say when he says things like that to me is "I know, don't worry I'll have my shooting boots on."

But no, you lot love getting your knickers in a twist and overexaggerating things people say to make then seem venomous. You're the emotional icebergs here.

You're the emotional icebergs here.

As in: we'll sink you Titannic bitches!!!

EDIT: Ah shit, kav beat me to it.

So, my confidence is slowly building. Managed to do something I never would have before. I went to an event, without any friend as a buffer, and managed to socially integrate and speak to a couple of strangers.

Even a couple of my friends say they couldn't do that themselves and they're shocked I managed it.

Slowly getting there :) Soon I'll be able to actually talk to the opposite sex without prior association.

Sorry, I forgot it's all about spending weeks trying to get a girl off Tinder to actually meet you, only to be rejected or stood up! That's much better than having sex!!!

I stand corrected!

I didn't say one was better the other, but rather there can be more to it than just the sex.

So, my confidence is slowly building. Managed to do something I never would have before. I went to an event, without any friend as a buffer, and managed to socially integrate and speak to a couple of strangers.

Even a couple of my friends say they couldn't do that themselves and they're shocked I managed it.

Slowly getting there :) Soon I'll be able to actually talk to the opposite sex without prior association.

I couldn't manage that. But then I'm not what's called a "people person."

*Jim used psychic*

Were you at the Bournemouth Air Festival? Think there was a Nintendo/Pokeymans stall?

*waits to see if effective*

I couldn't manage that. But then I'm not what's called a "people person."

Nor am I.

I wasn't overly talkative, but I managed to get by.

Impressive. I couldn't do that, and I'm positively charming.*

*claim may not be true

*Jim used psychic*

Were you at the Bournemouth Air Festival? Think there was a Nintendo/Pokeymans stall?

*waits to see if effective*

I did go down there but didn't go to that. This was a small Play! Pokémon event that's held locally. Mostly TCG so I didn't have too much in common with them, but was cool. Had a couple of battles and chatted a little (without divulging who I was, I might add).

Yeah, it was through Pokémon, but it's a stepping stone.

I did go down there but didn't go to that. This was a small Play! Pokémon event that's held locally. Mostly TCG so I didn't have too much in common with them, but was cool. Had a couple of battles and chatted a little (without divulging who I was, I might add).

Yeah, it was through Pokémon, but it's a stepping stone.

Ha, fuck, so cloooose. I cannot use my psychic powaaars for the good of mankind.

Anything is good to meet people. We're a fucking games forum for starters. You should have told them who you were and had somebody secretly recording the footage. Would have been funny for the nerdgasms.

Ha, fuck, so cloooose. I cannot use my psychic powaaars for the good of mankind.

Anything is good to meet people. We're a fucking games forum for starters. You should have told them who you were and had somebody secretly recording the footage. Would have been funny for the nerdgasms.

There wasn't that many people, which made it less imposing.

Every little helps though. At this rate, I may find someone and be able to start things before I hit 40!

You should have told them who you were and had somebody secretly recording the footage. Would have been funny for the nerdgasms.

That reminds me of this*

*(Will make literally no sense to anyone except players of Final Fantasy XII)

These last couple pages have been a great read, so funny. The way I read @kav82, @Blade or @Zechs Merquise and I can normally read what Zechs means. However, this time, with the whole "back of the net" thing, I read it to be about sex because I can honestly say I've never heard of that phrase being said where it didn't involve sex (except for football, obviously).

Whenever someone says "Have you got it in the back of the net?" when on about girls, usually they mean sex. Well, it usually does with friends I've known anyway. But even if it wasn't about sex and it was about not celebrating until meeting up, I have reason to celebrate because, for the first time in almost six years, I feel like I've actually properly connected with someone. It's weird because she's like me. We both feel the same way as well, which is weird too, but in a good way. I'm also celebrating because, even though my self-confidence is up, I'm still a bit scared of if she doesn't like me.

So, you see, even if nothing happens of this, I'm certain of one thing which I've been uncertain of for years: I can find someone who likes me for who I am and I'll take that over anything else any day of the week.

This wasn't me posting to lecture anybody but a post just to give out my reason to celebrate. People have different reasons to celebrate but it's not all about relationships or sex, it's deeper than that. It's about yourself too and having the bollocks to do something.

@Serebii, well fucking done, son! I am so proud of you, lad! Anything is possible if you put your mind to it and you did so well done, mate!

I just wanted to say to @Animal I'm genuinely really pleased for you and I hope everything works out, you're a nice guy and clearly deserve happiness, well everyone does really but you know what I mean. : peace:

Also to @Serebii it's fantastic to hear that you actually got yourself out there of your own accord, what an excellent thing to read, very encouraging even, keep it up. :D

@Raining_again I'm very glad to hear that you and your new guy are still getting on very well, you're a lovely lady and you deserve to be treated right, plus you're awesome 'n all that too. :awesome:

It's just really nice to hear some consistent positivity in this thread, I can only hope that I might be able to add to it soon but the whole love scene is a bit variable for me currently but we shall see. :)

I just wanted to say to @Animal I'm genuinely really pleased for you and I hope everything works out, you're a nice guy and clearly deserve happiness, well everyone does really but you know what I mean. : peace:

Also to @Serebii it's fantastic to hear that you actually got yourself out there of your own accord, what an excellent thing to read, very encouraging even, keep it up. :D

@Raining_again I'm very glad to hear that you and your new guy are still getting on very well, you're a lovely lady and you deserve to be treated right, plus you're awesome 'n all that too. :awesome:

It's just really nice to hear some consistent positivity in this thread, I can only hope that I might be able to add to it soon but the whole love scene is a bit variable for me currently but we shall see. :)

Aww, thanks S.C.G. It'll totally happen for you! It can for anyone and I agree, the positivity in this thread is amazing!

Couldn't have done it without all of you pushing me, so thank you.

You guys pushing me is what helped me with the decision to go to the UK Pokémon Nationals which is where my confidence boosting began and it has come from there.

Let's just hope I don't fall back into my rut after the game coverage in November, since I will be without social contact for a couple of weeks.