NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

My problem is trying to keep the conversation going in a text-based form. I asked someone if they wanted to meet in person. She wants to, but she's in Canada until the end of August.

Oh right, well yeah you do have to look to other places to meet people but you're likely still engaging with them in person rather than deferring your interactions to an online space. It just feels more personal and less like you're middlemanaging something that's "supposed" to be intuitive. Again this isn't me saying online dating is shitty, more that I'm shit at it.

For me it is just a way of meeting people. Online Dating is more of an Online Meeting Ground. Yeah you exchange a few messages to see if you have some basic rapport, but do the actual dating in person.

Obviously if they're in Canada then that's an issue.

...you're the stalker Blade! Haha

Okay...

Anyway, @S\.C\.G like I said just keep messaging and just await the flood of replies :). When I was online dating I never understood why some people were doing it to "'meet people and make new friends". I don't see the point as when you sack them off as a love interest thats it. Surely everyone is on there to find a relationship or just a casual fuck.

Welp, I've just seen a ghost. Or it feels like it.

Driving home from work I stop behind a bus that had stopped at a bus stop and guess who walks by?

Random bus girl who I haven't seen since January.

I'm pretty sure she saw me but I didn't realise it was her until I was already driving past.

Really wish I stopped or something but I wasn't really anywhere where I could do so safely without causing an accident probably. And I didn't realise until it was too late.

I feel sick. :(

Welp, I've just seen a ghost. Or it feels like it.

Driving home from work I stop behind a bus that had stopped at a bus stop and guess who walks by?

Random bus girl who I haven't seen since January.

I'm pretty sure she saw me but I didn't realise it was her until I was already driving past.

Really wish I stopped or something but I wasn't really anywhere where I could do so safely without causing an accident probably. And I didn't realise until it was too late.

I feel sick. :(

Was she catching the bus? Perhaps your car needs to be "out of action" for a while.

Was she catching the bus? Perhaps your car needs to be "out of action" for a while.

Haha. I think she got off the bus I was stopped behind. She probably got it from the bus station we used to get the same bus from though.

Debating parking nearby tomorrow to see if she gets off the bus again, but it's feeling too stalker-y.

Can't decide if the universe decided to kick me while I'm down or giving me another chance.*

* Or I was hallucinating.

After all that time doing nothing on the bus you need to actually formulate a plan of action.

Just seeing her again, stopping and then having nothing to say will just look silly.

It definitely does sound/seem stalkery. Two days in a row she sees you looking at her from your car? One time parked up and just looking around? Not weird at all.

Moogle's suggestion of the car going out of action for a while is a bit better, though you'll have to get buses and just hope you see her(why btw were you getting buses before if now you have the car to drive?). As Ell said though you totes need to do something this time too. Out of interest, did you tend to get on or off the bus in the same place before?

Get the bus like you used to next time you're taking the old route. If you do bump into her, say that you missed your random chats and after you thought you saw her from your car you decided to just give it a shot getting the bus in the hope of bumping into her again so you could ask her out. Then - and this is the important bit - ASK HER OUT!

Just write 'BUS' in large letters along the side of your car, then pull into the bus stop in front of her.

If she likes you, she'll pretend to be fooled and get in.

Either that or she actually be fooled and you'll have kidnapped the stupidest girl in Britain.

I wasn't exactly staring at her from my car, it was a quick glance when I was driving by. I don't think she saw, not that it matters.

I don't work at the same company anymore so I no longer get the bus and she hadn't been getting it since January last I know. I had to get a car to get to my new work because it's further away and public transport is a pain.

Where I saw her wasn't on the same bus route that we shared, it wasn't even the same bus she got off, I was just minding my own business taking the route I normally go to get home. It was completely coincidental.

I'm on a training course in a week which won't require a car and I'll be passing the bus stop anyway so I could see if she's back then either in the morning or at night, might be a bit awkward when I explain I'm not actually getting the bus though.

Or risk the stalkery route and maybe wait at the bus stop I saw her at last night and talk to her there (which I'm not entirely comfortable with - just to put it out there). But I'm also unlikely to see her again.

Or finally, just give up and accept I missed my chance which I pretty much had until I saw her yesterday. This essentially would be my final chance though.

I think I'm missing some details. Did you ever speak to this girl or did you just share a commute?

Ike I think you should move on. You had your chance to introduce yourself, you didn't. The fact you no longer use the bus should be helping you get over it.

Sometimes life gives you second chances. Why not take it? What do you have to lose?

Ok, talking to a girl on Tinder and we have similar interests. We've talked a little bit about gaming but mostly about music/bands we like. She's about 20 miles away. Should I ask her out for a drink or just keep the chat going for now? We've not been messaging all that long.

Ask her out. The longer you keep messaging her, the higher the risk that she'll simply stop responding.

For once I actually agree with Magnus. She might say she would rather get to know you a bit better first but at least she knows the intention is there.

Agreed. Besides a light hearted drink isn't going to be much of a worry for either of you. Have a drink, chat a little, see how it goes. Then go for a more serious dinner if you guys want too. Enjoy!

The boy and I will have been together six months in a week or two. Frightening but pretty great to0.

Ask her out. The longer you keep messaging her, the higher the risk that she'll simply stop responding.

Asked her out and she said 'I'd love to'. That's good, right?

:awesome:

Lol, it's probably a sex offender.

:p

Nice one! Show 'em that online dating can work. :p

I don't know, that could mean anything.

Girl B - Date 1

The Good: This one went really well and we got on swimmingly, plenty of laughs and a little flirting was had. Agreed to a second date and will arrange. Plus she's absolutely gorgeous!

The Bad: No outrageousness so it makes for a crap story for you guys. Sorry.