NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Definitely sounds like you're not ready for dating yet. If you decide to stick with OKC, it would probably be best to use it as a social thing rather than a dating thing. You could always just use it to have some interesting conversations etc, with no real aim of romance. It sucks for the guys that talk to you and are looking for a relationship, but meh. As long as you're upfront about it, I don't see what the problem is in just chatting.

You never know, it might take your mind off things. Just be honest with yourself/others that you're not looking/ready for anything more than chat. You never know, you might make a good friend now that turns into something else when you are ready.

I kind of miss just chatting on dating sites, but the other half would probably not approve (and quite rightly so IMO).

Well after countless dates and numerous game-playing arseholes, I think I've finally stumbled upon a good one.

Started chatting last Saturday all day and had a two hour phone conversation at the end and repeated that pattern until Tuesday (as Wednesday and Thursday I was doing freelance work after work and getting home around 11) and then last night he came over and we hung out.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be good.

If we ignore the fact he's moving to Japan in August...

I'm going to collect my stuff tomorrow. Fuck fuck fuckedy fuck.

Why is this even happening?

I've spent the past few weeks (probably unhealthily) absorbing myself in the world of Terraria to try to forget.

My sister tells me he's been very buddy buddy with the ex (via facebook, ideleted my account) who was sniffing around before we broke up.

Fuck the whole thing. I'm gonna either get really mad or cry my bloody eyes out in front of him tomorrow.

Wish me luck :/

Some of you may remember a date that I went on at the start of this year with a girl I met through OKCupid.

Well today I found out that she knows my friends housemate. I had an inkling yesterday when I found out that she's doing a PGCE as a language teacher (the same as the girl I went on a date with) but I thought little more of it. Then today we were talking, and when I mentioned that I went to uni in Aber she said "I don't suppose you know [name]" which was the exact same thing that the date girl asked me when I mentioned Aber.

So I checked on fb, and they do know each other. I went on her profile and there's a group photo, and they're standing right next to each other.

I'm going to collect my stuff tomorrow. Fuck fuck fuckedy fuck.

Why is this even happening?

I've spent the past few weeks (probably unhealthily) absorbing myself in the world of Terraria to try to forget.

My sister tells me he's been very buddy buddy with the ex (via facebook, ideleted my account) who was sniffing around before we broke up.

Fuck the whole thing. I'm gonna either get really mad or cry my bloody eyes out in front of him tomorrow.

Wish me luck :/

Hugs!

Will be thinking of you.

I just logged onto to OKC for the first time in a while, and had a few visitors. Naturally I went through I viewed each one's profile. Then a few minutes later I received this message:

Hia thanks for ur silent visit ^__^

Is it just me or is that a bit weird?

She's from Vietnam as well, so why is she even viewing/messaging me? (I mean that she lives in Vietnam, not that she lives here and is originally from Vietnam; just in case somebody thought I had some issue with interracial/nationality messaging.)

That is weird. Could be she has mad jungle fever, I've heard that the random rugrats spawned by the errant American soldiers in the early seventies were looked at like designer babies. Maybe she wants to get on that joint :heh:

She's from Vietnam as well, so why is she even viewing/messaging me? (I mean that she lives in Vietnam, not that she lives here and is originally from Vietnam; just in case somebody thought I had some issue with interracial/nationality messaging.)

Maybe she's a war veteran and although she resides here, she never really "left" if you know what I mean. Flashbacks and all that.

She sounds mental. I'd steer well clear.

This probably sounds immensely minor to some people, but I've actually been talking to someone on the bus for the past week and a half and she seems to actually like me and is interested in me.

Unfortunately, in less than two weeks she'll be going to America for 6 months.

Cyber sex shenanigans?

I understand youngsters are into sexy snapchat and tindering these days.

I just logged onto to OKC for the first time in a while, and had a few visitors. Naturally I went through I viewed each one's profile. Then a few minutes later I received this message:

Is it just me or is that a bit weird?

That's weird as fuark, brah. Stay well clear. No contact.

@Cube, why not take her details/number/email. Maybe you two could hook up when she's back if you're both available.

This probably sounds immensely minor to some people, but I've actually been talking to someone on the bus for the past week and a half and she seems to actually like me and is interested in me.

Unfortunately, in less than two weeks she'll be going to America for 6 months.

This is good news. Build up the relationship in the little time you have left, then pen pal, WhatsApp action when she is in America, and then hardcore re-unition on return.

Cyber sex shenanigans?

I understand youngsters are into sexy snapchat and tindering these days.

The last snapchat I sent my girlfriend was a picture of the skid marks I left the morning after we had a Chinese takeaway.

Sexy indeed.

The last snapchat I sent my girlfriend was a picture of the skid marks I left the morning after we had a Chinese takeaway.

What's your snapchat I.D. bro?

Sexy indeed.

After 234 pages on an internet forum, I'm impressed this the first post to introduce scat fetishism.

Also @MoogleViper, it's not that weird she's probably just shy and thought that was the only viable conversation opener available.

Edited by The Bard

What's your snapchat I.D. bro?

anilp228. See you later.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhmygawd >_<

I went to his, he invited me in and had the kettle on before I could really say, like "hey I'm not staying"

I gathered up my stuff. He was talking to me as if we were mates... it felt really uncomfortable. :/

"No point in asking you how you are then?" he said. (my face obviously painted a picture)

"It's my grans funeral tomorrow" - his face dropped..

so after a bit awkward silence, he made tea, came back in. Commented that my face was clearing up (and that I looked lovely), but then I told him that it is spreading everywhere else, and theres a possibility of me having contracted mrsa. By this time he was looking at me like his heart was broken. I could see it in his eyes. So I just looked away because I was gonna cry right there.

After more bloody awkward silence he tells me he has a new job, 22k, and a company car. (so he can sort that kind of shit in his life out and im dumped, but yeah at the same time I'm happy for him)

Talk a bit about the thing, hes told some of his family, 3 people, 2 believed him and one cried and told him to get out. (nice eh)

Then! I said, so what about [the ex], have you been keeping in touch with her? (she was up sniffing round him claiming to just want to be friends) He's like oh yeah tells me a bit about it. Then says, "you know, when she found out (that we split up) she was round here trying her luck, I told her to get to fuck"

MY SIDE OF THE BED IS COLD FOR 5 FUCKING MINUTES YOU BITCH.

He also noticed my lack of internet presence, I deleted facebook and fetlife accounts. I said, well y'know, i don't mean it personally I just had to do it. (cue looking away awkwardly)

Fucking fuck fuck fuck. I didn't cry infront of him but I cried the whole way home. :'(

I don't even know how to feel. Its like asides the relationship/sexual aspect, nothing has changed with us, which is so fucking odd. I just...don't know.

A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend last Friday.

There has been quite a bit of flirting between her and me for the past few weeks and rumor has it that she's broken up with him for me...

I don't want a relationship right now, though. :blank:

Should I approach her and talk about it? Or should I wait and see whether she makes a move and if she does, tell her then?

Bro you seem to eternally be peering at the tea dregs in the cup of romance [/helpful].

Anyone on here use Tinder? Thinking about trying it but can't quite bring myself to link my FB account.

Despite it being 4 months since I've last seen her, I still can't get Bus Girl out of my head and it's driving me nuts. I'm such an idiot.

A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend last Friday.

There has been quite a bit of flirting between her and me for the past few weeks and rumor has it that she's broken up with him for me...

I don't want a relationship right now, though. :blank:

Should I approach her and talk about it? Or should I wait and see whether she makes a move and if she does, tell her then?

Bring it up in a conversation but don't make it obvious. So for instance, if she talks about the break-up, just say "If you need to talk or anything, I'm right here"

She'll be all "Oh, okay, thanks!"

And then totally break it and say something like "I'm glad I'm not in a relationship right now. It's good to be single" or something.

It's a nice way of saying I'm not interested whilst making it seem like you've been oblivious to her actions.

Some of you may remember a date that I went on at the start of this year with a girl I met through OKCupid.

Well today I found out that she knows my friends housemate. I had an inkling yesterday when I found out that she's doing a PGCE as a language teacher (the same as the girl I went on a date with) but I thought little more of it. Then today we were talking, and when I mentioned that I went to uni in Aber she said "I don't suppose you know [name]" which was the exact same thing that the date girl asked me when I mentioned Aber.

So I checked on fb, and they do know each other. I went on her profile and there's a group photo, and they're standing right next to each other.

Oh my lord! I just received a text from the girl I went on a date with. She said:

"...I've just discovered that you are FB friends with a friend of mine from my PGCE class, small world! So I just thought I'd drop a line. Or two."

Play it cool, Sam, play it cool.

Anyone on here use Tinder? Thinking about trying it but can't quite bring myself to link my FB account.

Despite it being 4 months since I've last seen her, I still can't get Bus Girl out of my head and it's driving me nuts. I'm such an idiot.

If I were single I would be all over Tinder. I see my mates on it chatting to girls but very few are willing to pull the trigger and go out on a date with them.

It doesn't matter if it's linked to your Facebook account or not because no one can go on Facebook and see you have it.

I hate the concept of Tinder. It's based entirely on physical looks, you know nothing of the person (and they know nothing of you). Its design is beneficial for those just looking for hook-ups, and timewasters just want to browse and chat with no intention of meeting up.

At the same time I'm glad it exists. It means all of those people will be on Tinder, hopefully clearing up sites like OKC for people like myself.

I hate the concept of Tinder. It's based entirely on physical looks, you know nothing of the person (and they know nothing of you). Its design is beneficial for those just looking for hook-ups, and timewasters just want to browse and chat with no intention of meeting up.

At the same time I'm glad it exists. It means all of those people will be on Tinder, hopefully clearing up sites like OKC for people like myself.

How do you think people used to meet before the internet, though?