NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

This is all hilarious. Fuck, the night I asked my uni girlfriend out I was wearing nothing but a bedsheet and a pair of boxer shorts.

But....you're sexy as fuck, braaaah.

What's awkward is Bard and I have sung to her wearing less than that.

That's my current girlfriend not my ex, you silly pillock.

The morning after that I threw up in a trash bag at King's Cross.

Re-joining dating sites and I've no idea what my username should be. How do you guys come up with usernames?

Man, I've had a weird week with my girlfriend :(

Love the girl to bits but we've had a lot of arguments recently. It doesn't help that she's natural quite stressy and bossy whereas I'm pretty much the opposite, and we've just had some petty arguments recently which have escalated. I can't remember the last day where one of us didn't get snappy at the other.

To make it worse, I had a dream about an ex last night (and yes, it was one of those dreams), which was the last thing I needed.

All relationships go through this phase, right?

Yeah, they do.

In my case both of the relationships I've been in ended after said phase...

But hey, it's just a phase. :p

Didn't want to make you feel more down than you apparently already are. ;) Have you tried talking to her about it? It may end in another argument, but suffering in silence is even worse.

Love the girl to bits but we've had a lot of arguments recently. It doesn't help that she's natural quite stressy and bossy whereas I'm pretty much the opposite, and we've just had some petty arguments recently which have escalated. I can't remember the last day where one of us didn't get snappy at the other.

To make it worse, I had a dream about an ex last night (and yes, it was one of those dreams), which was the last thing I needed.

Yup.

Time for the old talk to see what you guys can do about it. It usually stems from somewhere. Even if its just you both taking a breather for a few days. :)

It doesn't help that she's natural quite stressy and bossy whereas I'm pretty much the opposite, and we've just had some petty arguments recently which have escalated.

Sounds like me and Dan! Have a chat with her about it, and both agree to go out of your way to be nicer to each other. I'd say it's normal, but then I'm only seeing it from my experience. What are the arguments over?

Yeah that's pretty normal. Don't overthink it, people go through rough times, they get stressed out and irritable. I remember getting fucked off at life and letting it out on my family plenty of times, the fact that you argue with your lady from time to time means nothing more than you're at peace around each another not to put on a dog and pony show, or to pretend you're fine when you're not.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be all like Yo chill the FUCK out.

Someone came round to watch a film last night and crashed the night out of tiredness. Nothing happened, and on the one hand it was nice next to cuddle up next to someone (urgh), on the other I'm terrible at sharing a bed (I don't sleep much). It's a difficult life.

And I'm now up two hours before I need to leave the house.

If you're having these arguments all the time then it is not normal or healthy.

When a couple start arguing over petty things and this goes on for a long period of time it's usually because it's the end of the road. If you have started to emotionally drift away from the person you are close to, often you feel frustrated and angry. You then manifest that frustration and anger by picking arguments over silly things.

The problem is, human beings are usually a little fearful of being alone, coupled with the tendency to reminisce it means that people stay with one another for long periods of time when they are not suited because they fear being alone more than they fear the the unhappiness of an suitable relationship. What's more, due to the fond memories of the times they once had, they find it hard to break the cycle.

Now obviously, if the arguments have just sprung up because your partner or you are having a stressful time at work or there has been added problems that are causing you to snap at each other, then it may just be a phase. But if it's just life as normal and you're snapping over silly things, then that is a clear sign that you are drifting apart and are unhappy in the situation and are using stuff that should just go over your head as a pretext for an argument as a way of venting frustration.

The fact is you need to sit and talk about it - and in a neutral place. You also need to ask and discuss the difficult issues like are you actually happy and do you still want to be together.

Cheers for the replies guys. A lot of it has been down to the fact that we both have significant work loads on atm and it's really not helping. That said we had a brilliant evening yesterday and this weekend should be relaxed too. I do think a lot of it would be solved by just basic communication, which I have to say I can be very bad at, especially after a long day. She's also been going through some personal problems over the last few weeks but as she's at work 9-6 she doesn't have proper time to deal with it; when she comes back from work I end up just being a bit of a venting sponge for her and if I've had a bad day I can be very difficult to talk to. There's things we both need to improve on, I guess.

Someone came round to watch a film last night and crashed the night out of tiredness. Nothing happened, and on the one hand it was nice next to cuddle up next to someone (urgh), on the other I'm terrible at sharing a bed (I don't sleep much). It's a difficult life.

And I'm now up two hours before I need to leave the house.

ohh the feels..... lol

I hate sharing a bed. Not worth the cuddles at all, ever. :zzz:

Cheers for the replies guys. A lot of it has been down to the fact that we both have significant work loads on atm and it's really not helping. That said we had a brilliant evening yesterday and this weekend should be relaxed too. I do think a lot of it would be solved by just basic communication, which I have to say I can be very bad at, especially after a long day. She's also been going through some personal problems over the last few weeks but as she's at work 9-6 she doesn't have proper time to deal with it; when she comes back from work I end up just being a bit of a venting sponge for her and if I've had a bad day I can be very difficult to talk to. There's things we both need to improve on, I guess.

Good to hear!

Sounds like you're at least on the right track to potentially get it sorted for you both. Good luck.

:)

Do you guys get much time apart @Goron_3? Sounds like you're just kinda each getting your own stress then tripping over each other with it because there's no where else for it to go - you get reliant on each other in a relationship, and you give(and take) more from each other than you would anyone else - it makes it difficult when you both need to take with little to give. If that makes any sense. I'm glad to hear it's resolving itself somewhat though. Tbh she's probably thought exactly the same thing you have and tried to make a bit more effort to avoid it(as I'm sure you are) - of course be careful not to just let it become an ignored/pent up problem that might explode later on.

But who am I to be giving relationship advice. I can't even sort my own fucking life out. It's super annoying, knowing what's sensible and rational - yet actually feeling totally contrary. No rational debating with 'feelings', little shits.

Well there's just over a week left until the 10 weeks are up but I don't feel like she will be back, it's not like it was guaranteed she would be and why would she anyway? There's still a lot of roadworks going on as well. :/

I am curious if she knew or at least suspected I liked her though, not that it would help now.

It's super annoying, knowing what's sensible and rational - yet actually feeling totally contrary. No rational debating with 'feelings', little shits.

I know right? Being a rational and calculating person sucks sometimes.

So I had dinner with that lady just now. She came over to my town and we went to a nice little restaurant, had something to eat.

She missed her train so I offered her to stay at my place for a while, we spent some time there, she admired my DVD/Blu-Ray collection and borrowed several movies :D And then I drove her to the train station.

I had an amazing time.

I really want to tell her how I feel but as Rummy said:

Regardless of what happens, everything's going to change

That scares the fuck out of me. Haven't had that problem in a long time now :blank:

Date on Wednesday and I'm freaking scared.

Way to go, Ell! Be cool, be suave, be the awesomeness that you are! :D

Yeah what Animal said, except I'd recommend you change everything about yourself too.

---

Why am I such a dillhole? I need to get out of my head and stop telling myself how I should behave/interact with others based on some inane "norm".

Why am I such a dillhole? I need to get out of my head and stop telling myself how I should behave/interact with others based on some inane "norm".

I feel like this every day, it's such a bind when you're at work too dealing with people as customers and you want to just be yourself - more fun - but your workplace insists a certain amount of 'professionalism' - read as 'behave like a robot' - from you, it's a great shame too because I seem to find that a lot of customers - at least where I work - find it better if you just chat to them.

Take yesterday for example, I had quite a few decent conversations with some nice people but because they're customers as well I have to mention certain things which my workplace is promoting and yeah... definite conversation killer. :heh: I just find it a shame because there can be quite a few nice people that I serve at work who I wouldn't mind meeting outside of the workplace but because of 'rules' etc it obviously never happens.

Outside of work when out and about or just walking down the street anxiety tends to take over so I rarely stop to talk with anyone unless they happen to know me from somewhere which doesn't happen often...

...sometimes I think that I'm really better off alone. ::shrug:

[/rant]

Date on Wednesday and I'm freaking scared.

Just play it cool and pretend to be someone else until she likes you for who you actually are! ;)

Hmmmm. He met his ex girlfriend on Monday. She sent him a message on facebook basically saying she didn't want him back BUT (there's always a but, right?) she realises now that he was the best thing she ever had in her life. Wanted to be friends with him again. I trust him totally, but I don't trust her. That's girl-speak for IWANTYOUBACK (ooh ooh babbbyyy)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hmmmm. He met his ex girlfriend on Monday. She sent him a message on facebook basically saying she didn't want him back BUT (there's always a but, right?) she realises now that he was the best thing she ever had in her life. Wanted to be friends with him again. I trust him totally, but I don't trust her. That's girl-speak for IWANTYOUBACK (ooh ooh babbbyyy)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

We all know you've missed her and I bring her out on some occasions and this is one of them. Here's Shaniquanisha! (yes I named her)

black-woman-attitude_4523.jpg

Girl, I see that you don't trust her and that you trust him and that's a good thing. Don't be one of those jelly women but keep your eyes on her. Shit might be innocent, you just never know. I'm friends with one of my exes and that's all it'll EVER be. We're both not interested in each other whatsoever. Her boyfriend knows we dated and he's perfectly fine with it because he knows she wouldn't touch me with a barge pole and I wouldn't touch her for anything (except for tickets to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter but that's way besides the point! ;)) It can happen and it can work!

Shaniquanisha says to watch her but don't worry because you's a fierce, flawless bitch and by the sounds of what you've been telling us, your man knows it!