NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Asked The Lady (genuinely what her nephew calls her) what she'd like to do tonight, whether she'd prefer to go out, stay in or chase pigeons and she replied "Chase all the pigeons!" Love it. Our weird conversation from last weekend when she was round has become our little in joke now it seems, as well as developing into full blown paranoia. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!! :laughing:

Anyway, she's coming round again for food and a movie and then we're gonna head out for a bit, play some pool and what not. Believe she said she hasn't seen Leon, which is disgusting I know but I shall remedy that tonight!!!

Looking forward to it, though think we'll head to bed a bit earlier than 6.30am this time around :wink:

My boyfriend doesn't think he is good enough for me. Because he gets paid less, and for a few other reasons. I love him to bits and I really don't know how I can make him feel any better asides telling him that he is enough. Halp?

My boyfriend doesn't think he is good enough for me. Because he gets paid less, and for a few other reasons. I love him to bits and I really don't know how I can make him feel any better asides telling him that he is enough. Halp?

Telling him (directly) won't help, you need to show him. Make it obvious all the times when he makes you happy, point out the things you love, things he's great at etc.

Saying "you are good enough" will sound hollow and fall on deaf ears. You need to make him realise it himself, if you pardon the oxymoron(?).

Ah what a silly bugger!

I'm with @MoogleViper here, he needs to see it himself. However, I would sit him down and ask him why this bothers him so much and diplomatically find out how you can work this out.

Whilst of course proving that this doesn't bother you at all.

If it fails show him the cutesy posts about him you've put here :P

Kind of a bummer, but eh.

She was?!

Oh man, that's a double blow. I feel for you.

Aaaaaaand I just got rejected.

Been fun in this thread. See you in a few years.

After all the shit she gave me, now she just wants to be friends.

Really Moogle, really?? Despite previous discussions you'd still go there?! WHYYYYY? WHY MOOGLE WHY?"!!>?"LRE

Feel free to say it.

Feel free to say it.

Fucking hell, gutted for you mate.

Only positive I can offer at this time is that it didn't drag on too long. Head up an move on.

Feel free to say it.

Sucks balls man - but I'm not going to be saying I told you so because a.) I'd probably have done the same and b.) nothing ventured nothing gained - at least you did something about it, not everything's gonna always work out but it's still an absolute shitter when it goes like this.

Not heard from the turtle in over two weeks so I guess that's over. Stood up twice this week (well today's eventually said they'd be an hour late so I said don't bother, it would take half an hour to walk so clearly they didn't care). So this attempted dating thing is going swimmingly!

Met someone yesterday and we seemed to get on but not counting any chickens. Hopefully at the very least we'll end up as friends, lord knows I need them lately.

Also met up with someone last week that I think likes me, but I'm not 100% sure so giving myself some time to think about it.

Just updating everyone because... don't know.

Re-joining dating sites and I've no idea what my username should be. How do you guys come up with usernames?

Don't make it anything with an innuendo. Too easy for a girl to say no. Mine is pretty normal.

Another girl messaged me so I may have two dates on the cards. Unfortunately busy at the moment so having to delay. Luckily the one I've asked is cool with that. Built up a rapport via text so going OK.

Moog, chin up big guy! She sounded like she wanted to mess you around from the start but didn't want to say!

Don't make it anything with an innuendo. Too easy for a girl to say no. Mine is pretty normal.

Another girl messaged me so I may have two dates on the cards. Unfortunately busy at the moment so having to delay. Luckily the one I've asked is cool with that. Built up a rapport via text so going OK.

Moog, chin up big guy! She sounded like she wanted to mess you around from the start but didn't want to say!

What do you guys put in your profiles? I would like to know where I'm going wrong... (well, not exactly 'wrong' but you know...)

What do you guys put in your profiles? I would like to know where I'm going wrong... (well, not exactly 'wrong' but you know...)

Don't try to put what you think they want to hear, it will sound fake. Obviously you need to consider how it comes across, but make it true to yourself.

Try to include a bit of humour. Don't try to be a comedian, it won't work. Just show that you can be light-hearted.

Also, make sure you put something that they can ask you about. And something that they will want to ask you about.

And finally, avoid cliches. Everybody "loves travelling", "likes to have fun", "enjoys nights out and also nights in", "wants somebody with good sense of humour", "is a good/kind person"... the list goes on.

Don't try to put what you think they want to hear, it will sound fake. Obviously you need to consider how it comes across, but make it true to yourself.

Try to include a bit of humour. Don't try to be a comedian, it won't work. Just show that you can be light-hearted.

Also, make sure you put something that they can ask you about. And something that they will want to ask you about.

And finally, avoid cliches. Everybody "loves travelling", "likes to have fun", "enjoys nights out and also nights in", "wants somebody with good sense of humour", "is a good/kind person"... the list goes on.

Not I. Travelling is lame :p

Firstly, this thread is a car crash of people who seem to habitually fail when it comes to smashing nice looking birds. So take it from me, online profile:

DO:

- Always stick to general things that women like, eating out, going for walks in the country side, going to the cinema.

- Tell them things about yourself they will like, for example you are good at cooking, you speak foreign languages, you have a good job.

- Always paint a picture of yourself in vague positive terms so you don't say things that will put people off before you meet them.

- Keep everything light and to the point, no one wants to read your life story or an encyclopaedia of your thoughts.

DON'T:

- Do not try to be edgy or funny, it comes off wrong as it is hard to convey the tone of what you're saying in text.

- Do not tell them anything negative - no one wants a sob story or to date someone with a list of problems!

- Never tell anyone about things about you that would make normal people laugh at you - for example, if you collect My Little Pony dolls, do not tell them. Any quality woman will believe you are a freak.

Remember, most women don't message guys on dating sites. It is the men that do the chasing. Women will get hundreds of messages, so it is up to you to chase them if you want to succeed.

Along with a decent profile you need a nice 'copy & paste' message that goes out to every bird and you can alter depending on their profile and personality. Send out loads and hopefully someone will look at your profile.

Firstly, this thread is a car crash of people who seem to habitually fail when it comes to smashing nice looking birds.

And they say chivalry is dead.

- Never tell anyone about things about you that would make normal people laugh at you - for example, if you collect My Little Pony dolls, do not tell them. Any quality woman will believe you are a freak.

So you think we should try to be a "generic" guy with no interesting traits, whome these "normal" people will no doubt run away from a few weeks downt he line anyway when you invite them back and they discover your brony collection?

Along with a decent profile you need a nice 'copy & paste' message that goes out to every bird and you can alter depending on their profile and personality. Send out loads and hopefully someone will look at your profile.

So you think sending out loads of obviously generic messages will stand out, when, as you say:

Women will get hundreds of messages

Whilst you raise a few decent points, you're clearly either a douchebag who views women as "birds" who are only good for chasing a shagging, or you're an immature child who thinks that the best way to act on a forum is to adopt such a persona, as we'll all read your post and think, "wow, that guy must be getting so much pussy; I bet he's so cool".

Firstly, this thread is a car crash of people who seem to habitually fail when it comes to smashing nice looking birds.

And nice-looking guys! Let's not forget Ashley's failures.

And they say chivalry is dead.

So you think we should try to be a "generic" guy with no interesting traits, whome these "normal" people will no doubt run away from a few weeks downt he line anyway when you invite them back and they discover your brony collection?

So you think sending out loads of obviously generic messages will stand out, when, as you say:

Whilst you raise a few decent points, you're clearly either a douchebag who views women as "birds" who are only good for chasing a shagging, or you're an immature child who thinks that the best way to act on a forum is to adopt such a persona, as we'll all read your post and think, "wow, that guy must be getting so much pussy; I bet he's so cool".

Actually, regardless of what you think of me I'm someone that never has a problem getting a date. I've been pretty successful over the years with online dating sites and I have pretty high standards. By no means am I some Hugh Hefner, but at the same time I'm never long without an attractive girl.

Standing out from the crowd is all well and good - but it depends what you're standing out from the crowd for. If everyone is looking at you because you just pulled up in your sparkling Ferrari and you're dressed immaculately then standing out from the crowd is huge step up.

If you stand out from the crowd because you're a grown man that walks around in an ill fitting My Little Pony t-shirt and takes his dolls with him when he leaves the house, you're standing out for the wrong reasons.

So standing out from the crowd is a double edged sword really.

Online dating is a game of numbers - sooner or later someone will bite as long as you have decent profile and your pictures are good. Good pictures are a real important point as most people don't read the profiles unless they find the picture attractive.

When I go out on a first date I don't sit with a girl and tell her about my Nintendo collection or that I love sitting down for a good session of COD on a Friday evening with my mates. I leave those things out. Things like that can come out over time, but don't rush to tell them things that will put them off you.

If you've dated a girl for a few weeks or months then you tell her you like collecting games, if she likes you and has built up feelings for you she will see it as quirky and maybe even cute. Things that would be off putting on a first date will be forgiven further down the line if feelings have grown.

Oh and if you approach every date with a cool calm attitude like you're just out for a good night and maybe a bit of sex at the end you will come across far better than if you approach it like you're looking for a whirlwind romance, love and marriage. The later makes you look desperate and needy - most girls hate it when men are weak and needy.

So whilst to you I'm clearly going to be seen as a 'douchebag', I'm obviously not seen in that way by the girls I date. To be fair, when I'm lying in bed with a nice looking girl the last thing I will give two shits about is your opinion of me!

Everyone has something that could turn out to be a "date killer", I agree with Zechs that you shouldn't be bringing out the "date killer" too soon.

One of my close friends has recently managed to find a girlfriend, he gave me some advice on how, despite the awful design and how its filled with lots of rubbish, PoF you can find some decent people on that site. So I browsed though a lot, messaged a few as I finally decided to put some effort into it.

Then I actually got a message from someone on OKCupid. We got talking (she's a massive fan of Firefly and Mass Effect) and she expressed an interest in meeting, just need to sort out where and when.

I think a date may go well. As long as I don't bring up "the ending".

Everyone has something that could turn out to be a "date killer", I agree with Zechs that you shouldn't be bringing out the "date killer" too soon.

#MissionSerebii :p

Fuck, did I miss the pictures?