NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Thing is @jayseven, I am very comfortable with myself, but not with other people at all. I can't talk to people I don't know...I can barely talk to people I know. It's really an issue. I've tried forcing myself in situations which I'm not comfortable with, but it doesn't always work. It's not really guilt or shame :/

Also, it is the top site. Most popular, most up to date (seriously, the other top site is ridiculously behind with X & Y stuff, and they're user edited while I am one man), most beloved. Who cares about layout? :p

It is nice to hear that some people do seem attracted to me, because I never see it. I don't se anyone interested in me and that's further cemented by the lack of responses.

Alas.

Thing is @jayseven, I am very comfortable with myself, but not with other people at all. I can't talk to people I don't know...I can barely talk to people I know. It's really an issue. I've tried forcing myself in situations which I'm not comfortable with, but it doesn't always work. It's not really guilt or shame :/

Also, it is the top site. Most popular, most up to date (seriously, the other top site is ridiculously behind with X & Y stuff, and they're user edited while I am one man), most beloved. Who cares about layout? :p

It is nice to hear that some people do seem attracted to me, because I never see it. I don't se anyone interested in me and that's further cemented by the lack of responses.

Alas.

Serebii, I really think you need to use the Pokemon site to your advantage and you need to find someone who'll accept you for you.

I know I keep on using myself as an example but I am the best example I can think of. I'm not exactly the manliest man in the world and people even go so far as to question my sexuality but I'm not going to change one iota of myself because I know that there is someone out there who'll like that side of me and will like me for who I am.

I've even used the Pokemon site thing once (I'm sure I posted it on here, I can't remember) and she knew her stuff...more than I did. She was on about Indigo and shit so I basically blagged it. Alls I'm saying is that you need to find a good girl who's a freaky geek! :D

Basically, if there's a nice girl who loves Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and gaming, a bitch better know I'll probably marry her on the spot. I'll just leave that there, ladies! :D

Girls love cute stuff like PokéMon; I bought my ex quite a few PokéMon cuddly toys etc. I'd say having the website surely gives you a +1 for a good number of girls.

Serebii, I really think you need to use the Pokemon site to your advantage and you need to find someone who'll accept you for you.

I know I keep on using myself as an example but I am the best example I can think of. I'm not exactly the manliest man in the world and people even go so far as to question my sexuality but I'm not going to change one iota of myself because I know that there is someone out there who'll like that side of me and will like me for who I am.

I've even used the Pokemon site thing once (I'm sure I posted it on here, I can't remember) and she knew her stuff...more than I did. She was on about Indigo and shit so I basically blagged it. Alls I'm saying is that you need to find a good girl who's a freaky geek! :D

Basically, if there's a nice girl who loves Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and gaming, a bitch better know I'll probably marry her on the spot. I'll just leave that there, ladies! :D

Oh believe me, it'd come up (especially considering how my friends introduce me) and I'd roll with it, it's just getting to that point is the issue.

Edited by Serebii

Ah well. At least you know it's your issue and not the rest of the world at fault.

I just always thought I was quirkly, not a socially awkward mess :(

Tbf @Serebii, your site must be worth quite a lot so depending on how you play the website thing it could be a huge win even to someone who thinks it's nerdy.

i.e.

Serebii: I own the world's biggest Pokemon website.

Hot Blonde: Oh...that's...cool...*goes to leave*

Serebi: Yeah, I started it as a kid and kept it going..and now it's worth *insert inflated figure here*

Hot Blonde: OH! So erm, back to yours?

Sorted.

For what it's worth, it does sound as though most of your problems come from the fact that your job is based at home and your main hobbies are things you do by yourself. I was like that and found it very difficult. You've mentioned that this is a problem for years and if I'm being honest I think you need a lifestyle change. Your time is taken up by your website and if don't have regular hobbies which keep you OUT of the house, it's not going to help you.

Like you've said, you need to meet someone who is completely happy for you to spend weeks of the year (well, when a new game comes out) working on the site which is going to be incredibly hard for you to do. I know you love the site but sooner or later you're going to have to pick between it or you life, because at the moment it is such a big part of your life and that's never a good thing.

Out of interest, have you considered new hobbies to meet people? Running clubs, learning a sport, going to the gym etc. I've found the gym in particular to be a great place to meet people in the past (not just girls but also friends).

Edited by Goron_3

Tbf @Serebii, your site must be worth quite a lot so depending on how you play the website thing it could be a huge win even to someone who thinks it's nerdy.

i.e.

Serebii: I own the world's biggest Pokemon website.

Hot Blonde: Oh...that's...cool...*goes to leave*

Serebi: Yeah, I started it as a kid and kept it going..and now it's worth *insert inflated figure here*

Hot Blonde: OH! So erm, back to yours?

Sorted.

For what it's worth, it does sound as though most of your problems come from the fact that your job is based at home and your main hobbies are things you do by yourself. I was like that and found it very difficult. You've mentioned that this is a problem for years and if I'm being honest I think you need a lifestyle change. Your time is taken up by your website and if don't have regular hobbies which keep you OUT of the house, it's not going to help you.

Like you've said, you need to meet someone who is completely happy for you to spend weeks of the year (well, when a new game comes out) working on the site which is going to be incredibly hard for you to do. I know you love the site but sooner or later you're going to have to pick between it or you life, because at the moment it is such a big part of your life and that's never a good thing.

Out of interest, have you considered new hobbies to meet people? Running clubs, learning a sport, going to the gym etc. I've found the gym in particular to be a great place to meet people in the past (not just girls but also friends).

You're absolutely right.

I'm picking the site. Other than the feel of the need for companionship, which is indoctrinated upon me by television and parents, I'm a very happy person. The site is a part of me and I'd never remove it.

I have tried other hobbies, but they just don't keep my interest.

Oh believe me, it'd come up (especially considering how my friends introduce me) and I'd roll with it, it's just getting to that point is the issue.

Don't underestimate the power of a nice well-designed nerdy T-shirt.

Put a call for girlfriends out on the Pokemon website.

Then you'll be knee-deep in Pokeclunge.

"Hi I run this website.

I'm a muscly as machoke, as clever as mewtwo, I can sing better than jigglypuff and I've got an onix just waiting to use harden. Hopefully I'll be super effective for you.

Call me,

Serebii."

You should run a competition on your website for people to cosplay as Ash's mom. Whoever wins gets you as the prize.

"Hi I run this website.

I'm a muscly as machoke, as clever as mewtwo, I can sing better than jigglypuff and I've got an onix just waiting to use harden. Hopefully I'll be super effective for you.

Call me,

Serebii."

Use this on the right girl and she'll be wetter than a Magikarp!

Sorry, I just wanted to join in on this!

Haven't seen the bus girl since Monday, chances are I might not see her for another 9 weeks.

Really annoyed with myself for not doing anything sooner/getting her number on Monday. I felt like I made good progress though but I guess someone decided it wasn't going to happen. :/

Remember the lady I talked about a couple of days ago? My mate's ex...

I have a thing for her now. It just feels great when she's around, even though we've never actually been alone.

So yeah...fuck.

chances are I might not see her for another 9 weeks.

Wow, that sucks. Is it because of the roadworks? All you can do now is not get too hung up on it. Just make sure that you make the most of your next meeting.

Hope it goes well for you : peace:

Remember the lady I talked about a couple of days ago? My mate's ex...

I have a thing for her now. It just feels great when she's around, even though we've never actually been alone.

So yeah...fuck.

The one you were going to go to the theatre with?

The one you were going to go to the theatre with?

Yup.

My friends (her included) and I met last night to make dinner together. You know, cooking, eating, drinking, talking.

It was a nice evening.

And I realised that whenever the lady and I have a conversation we never run out of stuff to talk about. We have quite the amount of shared interests (e.g. last night, we talked about quantum physics, the universe and later about how much we both love dogs).

It's just a pleasure talking to her. She makes me smile a lot, and I make her smile a lot.

No idea if she thinks of me the way I think of her, i.e. have a thing for her.

Normally I would've already found out by simply asking her, but with her ex being a close mate...complicated.

Urgh. :hmm:

It's all kicking off in Moogle-Town.

Firstly, I signed up to POF ages ago, but even signed in until about 2 months ago. Didn't really use it much, got messaged by two people. Didn't respond to the first, initially responded to the second, but her profile was blank, and she gave nothing in the messages, so that ended. Message another and got no reply.

The other week I signed up to OKCupid. So far it seems far superior to POF. I've had as many views in the short space of time as I did with POF the whole time. I saw a girl's profile who mentioned LOTR, GoT and SG1, so I decided to message her. We've had a few messages back and forth (mainly about sci-fi, med fantasy and the like). Just about every show that's been mentioned has been watched by us both; and she seems really nice as well (starting to get quite infatuated). Not sure how to take it to the next level, I feel that we should message each other more first, but I'm worried that I'll leave it too late and it'll become stale. Well time will tell.

In other, non-internet, news, a girl at work I used to fancy said that there could be a possibility between us. A bit of back story first: I live with some guys from work, one of which we'll call Mr A. The girl I liked we'll call Mrs K. Halfway through last year, Mrs K moved in with Mrs S, who also works with us. Mrs S is in a relationship with Mr A, and I'm also friends with Mrs S. Not long after Mrs K moved in with Mrs S, their friendship turned very sour. So sour that they no longer talk. I used to like Mrs K, but never thought there was a chance, so didn't bother with anything and got over it.

So cut to last friday. It's a work night out (with a free bar) and Mrs K gets quite drunk. We start chatting and she tells me that another of my housemates had told her that I used to like her, but didn't bother as I thought there was no chance. Mrs K tells me that there could be a chance with me, but she never did anything because I was friends with Mrs S, saying I "chose a side". She also says I never talk to her anymore because I'm always with Mrs S. That's kind of true, but not through my choice. At work I go to lunch with everyone, but Mrs K doesn't join us because Mrs S is there.

So basically she said there could be something between us if I wasn't so close to Mrs S and Mr A. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not going to cut ties with me friend and housemate to get with her; I'm not that sort of person, and if Mrs K is making these sorts of demands now, imaging how bad she'd be if we were actually in a relationship. It's also made me think Mrs K is a little bit immature.

Nothing will come of this, but it's nice knowing that I'm not a complete write-off with the ladies.

Wow, that sucks. Is it because of the roadworks? All you can do now is not get too hung up on it. Just make sure that you make the most of your next meeting.

Hope it goes well for you : peace:

Yeah, but the bus driver told her the bus stop would be closed for 10 weeks and they haven't closed it (they closed the one before it). Road works are scheduled for 30 weeks but work on the bus stops should only be 9 more weeks.

Hoping she'll be back this week, but there's also the chance she might not get the bus anymore. Although not sure how else she can get there.

I know the bus driver was trying to be helpful but he messed everything up, lol.

Bit annoying she pretty much across the road from me and I can't do anything.

It's all kicking off in Moogle-Town.

Firstly, I signed up to POF ages ago, but even signed in until about 2 months ago. Didn't really use it much, got messaged by two people. Didn't respond to the first, initially responded to the second, but her profile was blank, and she gave nothing in the messages, so that ended. Message another and got no reply.

The other week I signed up to OKCupid. So far it seems far superior to POF. I've had as many views in the short space of time as I did with POF the whole time. I saw a girl's profile who mentioned LOTR, GoT and SG1, so I decided to message her. We've had a few messages back and forth (mainly about sci-fi, med fantasy and the like). Just about every show that's been mentioned has been watched by us both; and she seems really nice as well (starting to get quite infatuated). Not sure how to take it to the next level, I feel that we should message each other more first, but I'm worried that I'll leave it too late and it'll become stale. Well time will tell.

In other, non-internet, news, a girl at work I used to fancy said that there could be a possibility between us. A bit of back story first: I live with some guys from work, one of which we'll call Mr A. The girl I liked we'll call Mrs K. Halfway through last year, Mrs K moved in with Mrs S, who also works with us. Mrs S is in a relationship with Mr A, and I'm also friends with Mrs S. Not long after Mrs K moved in with Mrs S, their friendship turned very sour. So sour that they no longer talk. I used to like Mrs K, but never thought there was a chance, so didn't bother with anything and got over it.

So cut to last friday. It's a work night out (with a free bar) and Mrs K gets quite drunk. We start chatting and she tells me that another of my housemates had told her that I used to like her, but didn't bother as I thought there was no chance. Mrs K tells me that there could be a chance with me, but she never did anything because I was friends with Mrs S, saying I "chose a side". She also says I never talk to her anymore because I'm always with Mrs S. That's kind of true, but not through my choice. At work I go to lunch with everyone, but Mrs K doesn't join us because Mrs S is there.

So basically she said there could be something between us if I wasn't so close to Mrs S and Mr A. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not going to cut ties with me friend and housemate to get with her; I'm not that sort of person, and if Mrs K is making these sorts of demands now, imaging how bad she'd be if we were actually in a relationship. It's also made me think Mrs K is a little bit immature.

Nothing will come of this, but it's nice knowing that I'm not a complete write-off with the ladies.

Yeah, I was gonna say, Mrs K sounds like she's quite the drama queen.

---

On the topic of the two girls I've been chatting to, the conversations seem to keep fizzling out. I've tried a couple of times to start them up again, but it seems to keep happening. They both have yet to initiate conversations again themselves. I'm not really sure what to think; the pessimistic side of me is saying none of them are that interested and that I should just forget about it while the optimistic side is scoffing at the idea of thinking that lowly of myself and giving up that easily.

Just glossing over everyone's last few posts as I can't read much whilst I'm at work -

Does anyone know anywhere good for nerdy/geeky/awesome valentines cards? Maybe even on the high street(lolnope)? Probably something gaming related, methinks.