NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

For me, Facebook is not a "natural" virtual habitat - I rarely post on it, unlike Twitter (and here).

Although it didn't help that the last two times I've tried to be myself on Facebook (i.e. posting nerdy statements) one of my uncles replied "GET A GIRLFRIEND".

Is it only girls who have that button?

As far as I know yeah. That's only because they've used it on me else I wouldn't have a clue they had that feature.

Would definitely recommend sticking at it with these sites though. Yesterday with that girl was another awesome date. Spent all day in different pubs just chatting, went to eat at la Tasca and just had an amazing time. Day just flew by. Getting on really well so, yeh, definitely worth it :)

I don't think that putting up a facade in the virtual world is much different to the way many people put up a facade when dating in real life. It's a different situation to your "natural" virtual habitats, so inevitably it's going to incur different pressures. What you're trying to say is that on dating sites, there's more of an opportunity for concealment ability to mislead than in the physical world right?

Well put.

Would definitely recommend sticking at it with these sites though. Yesterday with that girl was another awesome date. Spent all day in different pubs just chatting, went to eat at la Tasca and just had an amazing time. Day just flew by. Getting on really well so, yeh, definitely worth it :)

Nice, good job man!

I'm not having the best of luck. My profile is barely even getting viewed, and when it does it's not by anyone who matches my standards

I'm not having the best of luck. My profile is barely even getting viewed, and when it does it's not by anyone who matches my standards

5 views in August. 3 from the UK, and one of those was from someone I messaged first.

God, Serebii.. Every time you complain about girls not being up to your standards, you sound so full of yourself. You could at least pretend that you just don't have much in common with them or something. :p

God, Serebii.. Every time you complain about girls not being up to your standards, you sound so full of yourself. You could at least pretend that you just don't have much in common with them or something. :p

Standards != hotness. It's a variety of factors. It includes spelling in their profile (mixing up things like their/they're, your/you're etc. - sorry but there's no way in hell I'm going to let that slide :p), likes etc.

It is not just looks

And of course I'm full of myself, look at me.

Although you wish she was.

The Bard getting 6 messages already is a bit depressing.

You have to factor in that Bard is a sexy beast. Some people in life have it lucky.

How many girls have you sent messages too? If she has the red 'replies selectively' dot then you're going to have to really stand out in order to get a reply.

Let's see your display picture/profile?

I'm quite tempted to just get a massive list of profiles, writing a short message, think of a random question for each profile and just sending a ton of messages and seeing what happens.

You can't get in trouble for sending many messages out if they're slightly different, right?

I'm quite tempted to just get a massive list of profiles, writing a short message, think of a random question for each profile and just sending a ton of messages and seeing what happens.

You can't get in trouble for sending many messages out if they're slightly different, right?

Trust me, you're not the first guy to have that idea...

You have to factor in that Bard is a sexy beast. Some people in life have it lucky.

How many girls have you sent messages too? If she has the red 'replies selectively' dot then you're going to have to really stand out in order to get a reply.

Let's see your display picture/profile?

There aren't many pics of me alone. Zoosk keeps taking one down of me that has a person in the background (it's meant to be me alone -_-) so I've photoshopped it a bit to remove them, and on the sites it's cropped so I don't look like a total muppet. It's this one

picture.jpg

You're a handsome bloke, take a picture that's less intense though maybe?! Just you smiling or something simple.

Yeah, try seeing if you have something where you're smiling :)

I don't smile in photos...part of my body image issues has me feel that I appear overweight when I smile...or that the excess skin from my weightloss is visible

I don't smile in photos...part of my body image issues has me feel that I appear overweight when I smile...or that the excess skin from my weightloss is visible

I know what you mean. Then as Jav said, just something a touch less intense.

I don't like it.

It's a good photo, but it looks a little too "businessy". Perhaps something with a more friendly atmosphere?

I know what you mean. Then as Jav said, just something a touch less intense.

Problem is that pictures of me are almost all with other people

There aren't many pics of me alone. Zoosk keeps taking one down of me that has a person in the background (it's meant to be me alone -_-) so I've photoshopped it a bit to remove them, and on the sites it's cropped so I don't look like a total muppet. It's this one

picture.jpg

I've only just realised you're holding a camera... I thought it was a gun!... can anyone else see this?

[that longways rectangle to the right hand side of the camera, at a glance I thought this was the barrell and the circle on the camera the fingerhole and trigger! And of course the extended finger along the barrel] :p

I thought you were dressed as James Bond, hence the gun and pose.

I've only just realised you're holding a camera... I thought it was a gun!... can anyone else see this?

[that longways rectangle to the right hand side of the camera, at a glance I thought this was the barrell and the circle on the camera the fingerhole and trigger! And of course the extended finger along the barrel] :p

I thought you were dressed as James Bond, hence the gun and pose.

That may explain why they have removed it twice lol

Can't unsee it now

Serebii, what are you pointing at? To be honest I think you look a little bit crazy in that photo, like others have said it's way too intense. Toned down a little I think you would have more luck.

I like Cube's though, true it may look a little businessy but it's casual enough. I'd go on a date with him.