NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

I have a date on Thursday.

I spent several nights at her place two weeks ago. Things got physically intimate but we didn't have sex. We also talked quite a bit at night, she seems like a lovely lady.
 asked her out while I was in Istanbul. Simply texted her: "Hey, wanna get a drink with me Thursday night?" and she said "I'd love to.".

I'm still smiling :D 

• Like 2

Damn it. I may have to cancel the date because I've come down with a fever...

I invited her to a pre-drink two days ago, though. It wasn't a date, obviously, but we still managed to spend some time together. When everybody left we decided to stay an hour before I left for the party :) 

Hope she's cool with postponing our date. Fingers crossed :D 
Edit: Yup, she's awesome :D 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

My girlfriend is now moved in with me. Sharing rent and everything. It's all very exciting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cube said:

My girlfriend is now moved in with me. Sharing rent and everything. It's all very exciting.

You don't seem very excited. This post could really use a couple of exclamation points. And maybe some emojis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Magnus said:

You don't seem very excited. This post could really use a couple of exclamation points. And maybe some emojis.

!!!! 😺🖖🧠💬🍉🥚🌐🏙️

• Haha 2

Just now, Cube said:

!!!! 😺🖖🧠💬🍉🥚🌐🏙️

Yes! You have a cat together, and you're enjoying peaceful and thoughtful conversations with your girlfriend. You're both eating healthy breakfasts every morning and you're announcing to the world wide web that you've moved in together.

This was way more exciting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Spent some time with the lady last night. 

We walked through the town for an hour and a half, she got something to eat at Subway, then we met some of her friends at a bar (they seem really nice). After that we went to her place and just fell asleep.

It seems like she thinks we're in a relationship, but I'm not 100% sure. It wouldn't be a problem as I, too, feel that we definitely are more than just dating. I'm going to talk to her about it soon, though, because I like to be clear about these things :) 

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2018 at 3:17 PM, drahkon said:

It seems like she thinks we're in a relationship, but I'm not 100% sure. It wouldn't be a problem as I, too, feel that we definitely are more than just dating. I'm going to talk to her about it soon, though, because I like to be clear about these things :) 

Well, this turned out to be a little odd.

I was at a party last Saturday and I asked her to come, too. She met most of my friends for the first time that night. Sadly one of my lady friends asked her more than once whether we're in a relationship.
"My" lady had to leave early and I decided to talk to her a little more than I had during the night. She told me about her conversation with that lady friend and I asked her: "So, what did you answer?"

"I told her, no."

We then decided that we needed to spend more time together in order for it to maybe work out.

And now I'm not sure if I actually want to do that. She's great, and it's fun spending time with her but maybe deep down I still don't want to be in a relationship? Urgh...the drama is real.

You're just recoiling because you feel like you've been rejected. 

Spend more time together. That's how you know if you do want to be official or whether your current feeling is true. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're probably right.

I'll just go with the flow and see how it'll work out. :) 

It sounds like you are still very early in this "relationship", and putting a boyfriend/girlfriend label on it already might be a bit hasty. Things like these need time to grow, it's fine to take your time to try and figure out what you both want from it. :)

• Thanks 1

Yeah, it's not the first time I'm in a situation like this but that one friend asking the lady the question kind of put some pressure on me/us I think. It didn't help that I was almost blackout drunk when we talked about it, either :D 

I hope this is ok reviving this thread. 

So last time I posted here I had mentioned meeting a new girl, well a year later we are now just good friends. It was upsetting to find out she didn’t have those feelings, but I have a really good friend in her and am happy to have met her and have this. 

Some good news though, I’m meeting up for a kinda date tomorrow at Drayton Manor theme park with a girl I originally met some time ago. We had chatted a bit but lost contact for most of a year, reconnected a few months ago and have been chatting since. We decided to arrange this meet up and since she lives close to the park we came up with this. I say kinda date as we decided to meet as friends as to take the pressure off  and the fact it’s our first meeting. However I did have to courage to ask if we enjoyed the day would she want to consider taking things further. Her reply was maybe so I’m assuming that’s a good sign at least. 

• Like 2

So things went well, we had a nice time, chatted a bit and enjoyed the rides and the zoo part. We are going to meet again under a more official date meeting. Which when I asked if she wanted to meet again and make it a date, she said yes. 

• Like 4

You should tell them.

Or don't. I guess it doesn't really make a difference to me.

Do you work with them regularly or are they in a different department?

My advice: Wait until a work event, spend time with them there (ideally just the 2 of you), then ask them out when the opportunity presents itself. If it doesn't work, at least it won't forever be associated with your day-to-day work environment. A friend of mine actually organised a whole work event (bonfire night fireworks) just to ask someone out.

Just pick something from the conversation that seems natural. For example, If you end up talking about films, try to steer the conversation towards a current film they want to see, then suggest you go see it together. Don't suggest taking anyone else, but don't specify just the two of you either. That way you can judge their reaction, and if they suggest taking others, you can agree and play it off as a group thing.

Also, I'm assuming that since you're asking for advice, they're single? If not, it's all kind of a moot point.

12 hours ago, Julius said:

So I think I might like someone from work. 

Please someone send help :weep:

That was me a year ago. I asked her out. Now we have a flat together.

• Like 3

That was me a year ago. I asked her out. Now we have a flat together.
Oof, Cube got in there a year earlier. Sorry Julius!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1

Update from my last post. The girl messaged me the next morning and said she wasn’t really looking to date right now and just wanted to be friends. Had me a bit confused after the way we left the day before but it’s ok. A new friend is one more than I had before. 

• Like 1