NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Or say you asked a Chinese friend what it means and he spat at you, said something about your mother and stormed off. Now she has to tell you what it means.

Edited by Goafer

Say you asked the staff at your local chinese takeaway and they just gave you an extra serving of kung pao chicken.

Well...I think she knows Chinese (profile says so), which is why your ideas might not be the best :p

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well...I think she knows Chinese (profile says so), which is why your ideas might not be the best :p

Bonus!

You should go back and ask if she’s had any prior experience teaching Chinese... she suggested you learn, you should suggest she could teach you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kav said:

Bonus!

You should go back and ask if she’s had any prior experience teaching Chinese... she suggested you learn, you should suggest she could teach you.

That's pretty smooth.

Also if all of the teacher-student videos I've seen on the internet are anything to go by it's guaranteed to end in sex.

• Haha 2

Alright.
I just didn't go for a question because her choice of words annoyed me (it really sounded evasive and pissy in German) so I just went with a more direct approach:

"Sounds like a plan. Maybe you can give me some tips ;)"

I will always ask you guys for help from now on. Makes the Tinder experience much more fun :D

• Like 2

Been using Tinder since a drunken night out again (since last Friday).

Have had three matches so far. Two of them don't respond anymore after a couple of exchanged messages (no idea why).

Conversation with the third one went like this:

"Hey You gotta tell me what the Chinese text means in your last photo ." (no idea if my English translation sounds as 'playful' as the German equivalent sounds like; maybe my English wording sounds a little too much like a "command" - trust me, it wasn't like that; figured it was a good ice breaker and conversation starter)

"Maybe you should start learning Chinese."

Well...or you could just tell me and not bring the conversation to a shrieking halt with one massage?

I think I'm just not cut out for this Tinder thing, as I've mentioned many times before. :laughing:

I'm still contemplating whether I should answer with something to annoy her or just let it go. ::shrug:

I'd have responded "Maybe you could teach me a little over a drink/dinner"

For god sake, Tapatalk only showed me the message as the last message. Didn't know there were replies, lmao.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Fuckin' hell. I got alot of matches with weirdos on dating apps recently. First one seem fine until I told her that I'm an open book which opened a can of worms with her haha. Second one, I had a great conversation with her until she dropped a red flag bombshell which made me really uncomfortable. Third one are unbelievable stupid AF. She tried to send me a voicemail 15 mins later after I told her that I'm deaf then continue asking me more stupid questions like how do I hear her on the phone cos she somehow got the impression that I could hear her from "We could talk with each other using the messaging system like text or whatsapp if we meet up in person."...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Second one, I had a great conversation with her until she dropped a red flag bombshell which made me really uncomfortable.

Go on?

She said that she want to dating me in secret cos she's still living with her ex-boyfriend of 9 years... 🙄 

She said that she want to dating me in secret cos she's still living with her ex-boyfriend of 9 years...  
She sounds like a catch. When are you meeting up?
  • Haha 4

Things are going pretty well for me, we're spending most nights together and are spending as much time together as possible. Got her playing lots of board games, video games and watch of films. We enjoy pretty much doing everything together.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Cube said:

We enjoy pretty much doing everything together.

OH MY GOD RUN.

Wait, no...that's good. 

OH MY GOD MARRY HER.

:) 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Cube said:

Things are going pretty well for me, we're spending most nights together and are spending as much time together as possible. Got her playing lots of board games, video games and watch of films. We enjoy pretty much doing everything together.

This is just a minor thing and ymmv greatly, but I have had more than one relationship where the girl early on made a lot of effort to be into the things I was into, and they were very convincing in their efforts, but ultimately it was just that. They did a good job of making me think they were sharing my interests, so I sat firmly in my comfort zone thinking "hey, all my hobbies are good enough for both of us, no need to branch out". Whereas really, you need to give as much as you get in this regard, and never take anything for granted. Keep looking for new things, make sure you ask about things they're into and absolutely try those too even if... especially if your first reaction is not to. Video games and movies are very easy, so you fall into the trap of suggesting just doing that again and again, you're happy indefinitely but you don't notice it getting tired for them.

Like I said, this is very subjective, but I've seen it happen to others.

#1 tip? Discover a healthy outdoor hobby that creates memories. Hiking, geocaching, climbing, heck - Pokemon Go. Video games and movies don't create memories, they turn into a big blur and before you know it a year has passed and you don't remember doing anything exciting.

...this may be advice for myself more than it is for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Shorty said:

This is just a minor thing and ymmv greatly, but I have had more than one relationship where the girl early on made a lot of effort to be into the things I was into, and they were very convincing in their efforts, but ultimately it was just that. They did a good job of making me think they were sharing my interests, so I sat firmly in my comfort zone thinking "hey, all my hobbies are good enough for both of us, no need to branch out". Whereas really, you need to give as much as you get in this regard, and never take anything for granted. Keep looking for new things, make sure you ask about things they're into and absolutely try those too even if... especially if your first reaction is not to. Video games and movies are very easy, so you fall into the trap of suggesting just doing that again and again, you're happy indefinitely but you don't notice it getting tired for them.

Like I said, this is very subjective, but I've seen it happen to others.

#1 tip? Discover a healthy outdoor hobby that creates memories. Hiking, geocaching, climbing, heck - Pokemon Go. Video games and movies don't create memories, they turn into a big blur and before you know it a year has passed and you don't remember doing anything exciting.

...this may be advice for myself more than it is for you.

@Cube when I read your post I did think a similar thing. It might just be the way you've worded it, but you only mentioned your hobbies that she's tried. What o her interests/hobbies have you done?

Not much to add but met with the woman that I mentioned last time again. We both didn’t have a lot of time today but missed our plans last week so decided to meet up this morning. Didn’t have too much time so we just met at mine and finished of building the Lego Kwik e Mart Simpsons set and started in The Lonely Mountain Hobbit set too. Had fun just chatting and building them. Hopefully find some more time when we are both free again for a longer meet up. 

• Like 1

I definitely appreciate the advice, we've been doing crosswords together as she likes word puzzles and things like that and even bought a game together that has stuff like that. We're planning on going to London in a couple of months for museums (and cat cafe) too, as well as more walks and stuff. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kav said:

Finally got round to tying the knot. :grin:

Congratulations, Kav! :D 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kav said:

Finally got round to tying the knot. :grin:

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

Congratulations, Kav! :D

• Thanks 1

Kissed a friend last night, told her I had feelings for her, she said: "I don't believe you."

Well, in the end she didn't really comment on my feelings (she was drunk) so we just went to sleep. I didn't want to talk about it this morning and I don't think I ever want to talk about it again. ::shrug:

Life's too short.

• Like 1

Kissed a friend last night, told her I had feelings for her, she said: "I don't believe you."
Well, in the end she didn't really comment on my feelings (she was drunk) so we just went to sleep. I didn't want to talk about it this morning and I don't think I ever want to talk about it again. ::shrug:
Life's too short.
Try when she's sober. She might do. Would she believe you were after a one-nighter?

I've signed up to Tinder after failing on dating sites. I've not got a clue what to put on my profile though. Anyone got tips?

1 hour ago, Animal said:

Try when she's sober. She might do. Would she believe you were after a one-nighter?

No idea. 

Thing is: We met again a couple of times since then, mostly drunk and she is very - let's say - affectionate. I might just talk to her about the situation when we're sober. Not sure, though, as it's really not my thing anymore, you know..."chasing" (it's a little too strong but I don't know how else to put it) a lady.

3 hours ago, Animal said:

I've signed up to Tinder after failing on dating sites. I've not got a clue what to put on my profile though. Anyone got tips?

Something funny, or an interesting fact about yourself. To be honest it doesn't matter than much as you'll initially be judge on your photos alone, and then the majority of times you'll be initiating conversation. If you can think of something to put that might give them a topic to discuss or ask you about that may help with conversation but don't sweat the profile bit.