NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Second date tonight. Watching musicals at my house. She's staying over, too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Cube said:

approving-nod-gif-2.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Go on,@Cube! So happy for you!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So, the plan was to snuggle up watching musicals then she was going to sleep in the spare room because we were taking things slow.

Let's just say we didn't make it though Once More, With Feeling.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Cube said:

Let's just say we didn't make it though Once More, With Feeling.

Why, what happened? Fire alarm go off?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If someone invited me over to watch musicals and the best they could come up with was Once More, With Feeling, I would not put out. I bet Dr. Horrible would have been next up. :zzz:

Edited by Magnus

15 minutes ago, Magnus said:

If someone invited me over to watch musicals and the best they could come up with was Once More, With Feeling, I would not put out. I bet Dr. Horrible would have been next up. :zzz:

It was the Scrubs one after that. And then Dr Horrible.

• Like 1

Man, Scrubs would have been my next guess. That's still less than two hours' worth of musicals, though. You must have been very confident.

4 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Why, what happened? Fire alarm go off?

Aww yeah it did.

tenor.gif?itemid=4322674

• Haha 4

So, we've been chatting. She doesn't want to "label" it just yet but she's pretty sure we'll be a couple at some point. Until then, just lots of fun. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Been lurking in here but now I have something to share.

So after three failed long distance relationships I have some thing a lot closer. Been talking to a lovely girl for a while now and we have arranged to meet up tomorrow. Nothing special just meeting up to chat and then decide on what to do depending on weather. 

I’m not rushing anything and not expecting anything though we have enjoyed talking on the phone and had some laughs together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And now she's my girlfriend. Turns out we both wanted to be a few days ago but we both thought the other wouldn't be ready. It's all very exciting.

And I hope that goes well for you, @BowserBasher.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Congrats, @Cube, happy for you!

@BowserBasher good luck. Make sure you have lots of potential activities in mind. Worst thing is to meet up and be like, "What do you want to do?" "I dunno, what do you wanna do?", "I dunno". If you're like me then the nerves might get the better of you and your brain will stop working.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cube said:

And now she's my girlfriend. Turns out we both wanted to be a few days ago but we both thought the other wouldn't be ready. It's all very exciting.

Well that escalated quickly!  Congrats :D 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations @Cube I'm happy for you. :D

Also, best of luck @BowserBasher you were definitely missed in the Mario Kart League tonight but I hope things are going well for you. :peace:

As for me... let's just say I haven't given up on the idea of relationships just yet, something might be on the cards this year... possibly.

I'm not going to say any more than that at this stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @S.C.G  I missed playing. But it was for the better good. 

Had a nice day. We met in town (I drove over to her) and spent some time just walking around town and some of the parks, a little Pokémon Go thrown in as I play and she used to but was interested a little. Grabbed some food in a little cafe then went back to hers for a little bit. Just put on Netflix, had Back to the Future part 3 on and was just chatting and making comments on the film. 

We will chat and meet up again at some point. Today really was just to meet up for the first time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Okay, I don't really know where to post this but it's kind of related to love and relationships...

Before I start this story, I need to give you a bit of information about us. She's one of my best friends (I'm talking 23 years and it's totally like a brother/sister friendship) and we've always had loads in common. We've been to Drayton Manor before, eaten out and stuff and we've had fun. She's been together with this guy for 5 years, married for 3. Husband and I kind of get along. He's a bit of a knob but she loves him and he loves her and treats her okay (as far as I know).

Last year, I asked her if she wanted to go and she said no and refused to tell me why, which is odd because genuinely, we tell each other everything. I pressed on and she just said she had no money because of different events happening, which I knew she lied about but accepted it. She can't lie. She's bad at it.

Anyway, fast-forward to now and I wanted to go to Alton Towers this Sunday for my birthday. I spoke to her about it and she said no again. This time, I just flat-out said "cards on the table, don't tell me you're skint because you know I'd give you the ticket. Just tell me because you were all for it for ages". Turns out that she won't go with me because she's married and I'm a man. I said "do you fancy me or something?" and teased and laughed and she said "No! I'm married!" and I said "And I don't fancy you whatsoever so what's the problem" and she said "Being married now, it's different. I can't go out with other men" and I said "I'm not other men, I'm your best friend. So you're never going to go anywhere with me again?" and she said "yeah but not to big places like that". I said "right but promise me this: this is YOUR decision? This isn't him saying this, is it? It's out-of-character for you" and she said its her decision.

But I don't buy it. She never was a good liar.

Anyway, I guess my question is is what she say correct? Is this marriage? Is anybody here who's in a relationship like this? I don't know why but I feel a bit like I've lost my mate of 20-odd years.

We've been to Drayton Manor before, eaten out and stuff and we've had fun

I think I see where angry jealous husband is coming from...
  • Haha 5

I think I see where angry jealous husband is coming from...
Yeah but we used to always do that. Like, go to a carvery or something. Now it's just different.

I spoke to her last night about this. She's changed it from that to "she wanted to make memories with Husband". I also told her straight and said I don't know if I bought it and I wasn't sure if he likes me, which is fine if he don't because you can't force people to like you but she insists he does. I don't really know what to believe. I've had her family say to me that he's jealous of me, for some unknown reason.

I'm just hoping she's not stuck in a place where she's being told what to do and who she can talk to and stuff. Maybe I'm overreacting...

23 minutes ago, Animal said:

Yeah but we used to always do that. Like, go to a carvery or something. Now it's just different.

Oh Animal...

Maybe Google 'eating out' incognito.

• Haha 6

Oh Animal...
Maybe Google 'eating out' incognito.
OH! LMAO!

Weird how I never caught on to that, my mind is usually full of smutty humour, haha.

Been using Tinder since a drunken night out again (since last Friday).

Have had three matches so far. Two of them don't respond anymore after a couple of exchanged messages (no idea why).

Conversation with the third one went like this:

"Hey :) You gotta tell me what the Chinese text means in your last photo :)." (no idea if my English translation sounds as 'playful' as the German equivalent sounds like; maybe my English wording sounds a little too much like a "command" - trust me, it wasn't like that; figured it was a good ice breaker and conversation starter)
"Maybe you should start learning Chinese."

Well...or you could just tell me and not bring the conversation to a shrieking halt with one massage?

I think I'm just not cut out for this Tinder thing, as I've mentioned many times before. :laughing:

I'm still contemplating whether I should answer with something to annoy her or just let it go. ::shrug::D

Edited by drahkon

@drahkon tell her you asked your Chinese friend and they said that it literally translates as something complete mundane and meaningless like “paper aeroplane”.

• Haha 1

Or just continue the conversation in Chinese.

• Haha 3