NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

On 22/06/2017 at 10:25 AM, Cube said:

Hopefully she's not one of those people who doesn't like saying "no" so says "yes" and just makes excuses (although I know someone who sort of knows her through a friend and said that she seemed sweet).

Well, I'm pretty certain that this is the case.

Been speaking with Hernando over text since Friday and getting to know a bit more, his family situation doesn't sound too great as his parents keep asking him when he's going to get a girlfriend, uh oh.

Anyway, we're going on our second date on Wednesday! This time to see Pirates of the Carribean! I haven't seen one of those films in ages but I'm sure it'll be fine, it was between that and Baywatch and as much as I love Zefron, that film looks like /complete/ garbage, I could barely make it through the trailer. 

Blah. My girlfriend of a year and a half just broke it off with my quite abruptly last night. There wasn't much indication that anything was wrong except Sunday morning when she left soon after waking up while I was making breakfast. I asked if she wanted a ride home, she said "No thanks, I'll walk and get some steps in." Then I asked her if I'd see her that night. She said, "Maybe." That's when I realized something was off.

Then, yesterday when she came over I could tell it was over as soon as I saw her. The first syllable out of her mouth and she started crying. Said that [paraphrasing] I was great at working on things when she brought them to my attention. It's just that it just no longer felt right and that she didn't want to drag it on. And that she still loves me.

This is so shitty. She was my girlfriend AND best friend.

Sorry to hear that @FalcoLombardi. As always...easy to say, but it gets better over time. Not something you want to hear right now, of course, but it still needs to be said :)

2 hours ago, FalcoLombardi said:

It's just that it just no longer felt right and that she didn't want to drag it on. And that she still loves me.

This is basically what my ex girlfriend told me a couple of weeks ago. It's the worst.

Edit: Aaaaaand I'm not going out with a lady tonight because apparently she has a meeting. ::shrug: Not sure if I believe it. Will find out when/if I ask her if she wants to do something some other time.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Sorry to hear that @FalcoLombardi. As always...easy to say, but it gets better over time. Not something you want to hear right now, of course, but it still needs to be said :)

This is basically what my ex girlfriend told me a couple of weeks ago. It's the worst.

Thanks bud. I took a day off from work today since I got little to no sleep. I'm slowly coming around to it.

5 hours ago, FalcoLombardi said:

Thanks bud. I took a day off from work today since I got little to no sleep. I'm slowly coming around to it.

Yeah, the first few days are the worst.

I still feel a little "down" at times. Especially when I dream of my ex. It's much better now, though. The thoughts of her are slowly disappearing and she's less and less inside my head now. She's almost completely gone from my heart. That helps the most.

Almos ready to completely throw myself back out there. I'm really no good as a single guy. I'm much, much better in a relationship. I need a woman and I need to make her happy. That's what I live for :) Can't wait to find that someone again.

Oh and that lady who said she had a meeting: She texted me twice that she's really sorry and we chatted a little. I'll probably ask her again if she wants to do something sometime.

17 hours ago, drahkon said:

Oh and that lady who said she had a meeting: She texted me twice that she's really sorry and we chatted a little. I'll probably ask her again if she wants to do something sometime.

Well, she asked me whether I wanted to grab a cup of coffee. She was free for an hour so we spend it at a café.

We got along well, I'd say. Just before she had to leave she said I should give her a shout if I wanted do something sometime again. Yeah, why not. I'm still a little undecided whether I find her attractive or not, which sounds a little odd? She's pretty but I don't know... :D

Anyway, it was nice. If this ends up in a friendship and me meeting more people I'd be more than happy. :)

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

Well, she asked me whether I wanted to grab a cup of coffee. She was free for an hour so we spend it at a café.

We got along well, I'd say. Just before she had to leave she said I should give her a shout if I wanted do something sometime again. Yeah, why not. I'm still a little undecided whether I find her attractive or not, which sounds a little odd? She's pretty but I don't know... :D

Anyway, it was nice. If this ends up in a friendship and me meeting more people I'd be more than happy. :)

For me, I take personality into account on the "attractiveness scale". Seems like it went fairly well, though. :)

4 hours ago, FalcoLombardi said:

For me, I take personality into account on the "attractiveness scale".

Me, too.

It's a little weird, though. As I said (just talking about her appearance): She is pretty but somehow I'm not sure if I find her attractive "enough". Never had a situation like this :D

Edited by drahkon

Met with Hernando on Saturday! We went to the Sealife Centre and saw all the cute fish, the puffer fish were espcially amazing. It felt a lot more natural this time, I didn't worry about things to talk about they just happened, we also just had casual hand holding/arms on shoulder kinda stuff which felt so normal which isn't usual for me as years of hiding my sexuality made it very hard to show normal signs of affection in public for so long. 

We did somehow accidentally end up in a 3D showing of Octonauts with a bunch of parents and kids during the aquarium visit lol. It was cool though, had bubbles and water spraying for the scenes, we were pretty out of place though. It was on the normal route, how were we to know?!

After we went to get food and by chance it was the world food festival so we went around a few stands and got a mix of awesome food in the city centre. Super spicy indian chicken, cake from... somewhere and Strawberry cider! We then ended it with some shopping in Tokyo Toys, Selfridges and HMV for Chinese DVD's. There was also a Thailand festival type thing going on so we saw some awesome dancers.

Anyway, we've been talking a lot the last week and I haven't turned into my usual crazy self yet and backed away at the first sign of getting close to someone. He watched Pokemon the Movie 3 today and plenty of Scatman John videos, truly the most self-indulgent and insufferable I could get and he seemed to like both! 

We're meeting again on Wednesday to see Spider-Man. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Met with Hernando on Saturday! We went to the Sealife Centre and saw all the cute fish, the puffer fish were espcially amazing. It felt a lot more natural this time, I didn't worry about things to talk about they just happened, we also just had casual hand holding/arms on shoulder kinda stuff which felt so normal which isn't usual for me as years of hiding my sexuality made it very hard to show normal signs of affection in public for so long. 

We did somehow accidentally end up in a 3D showing of Octonauts with a bunch of parents and kids during the aquarium visit lol. It was cool though, had bubbles and water spraying for the scenes, we were pretty out of place though. It was on the normal route, how were we to know?!

After we went to get food and by chance it was the world food festival so we went around a few stands and got a mix of awesome food in the city centre. Super spicy indian chicken, cake from... somewhere and Strawberry cider! We then ended it with some shopping in Tokyo Toys, Selfridges and HMV for Chinese DVD's. There was also a Thailand festival type thing going on so we saw some awesome dancers.

Anyway, we've been talking a lot the last week and I haven't turned into my usual crazy self yet and backed away at the first sign of getting close to someone. He watched Pokemon the Movie 3 today and plenty of Scatman John videos, truly the most self-indulgent and insufferable I could get and he seemed to like both! 

We're meeting again on Wednesday to see Spider-Man. 

I took my cousin to the Sealife Centre in Brum years and years ago and there was a Spongebob 4D ting with bubbles and water spraying.  I think they might just re-purpose it.

I also misread your post as "we went to the selfie centre" which should be what you do on your next date.

• Like 1

Fourth match on Tinder.

Me: "So what do you do in your freetime?"

Her: "The usual."

tumblr_lnhst0zFKc1qftrux.gif

Thank you very much for that information.

Well, she then asked me about my hobbies so I told her.

Her: "Not to be rude, but I want to go to sleep. Till later then."

q18pjpI.gif

Not sure if I'll bother starting the conversation again...

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

Wooooooooow one to avoid then lol.  Dating is frikkin awful.  I either get shit like this or no replies. 

I'm having an interesting dalliance with a previous FWB and his new girlfriend. 

Also what really irritates the crap out of me, people who don't fill in their about me bit, even if its just SOMETHING.  I'm going in blind here!! And then they have the cheek to message and ask me things that ARE CLEARLY ON MY PROFILE.  PLEASE GO AWAY NOW.

Edited by Raining_again
  • Like 1

Yeah, it was one of the worst conversations I've had, be it personally or via text.

If she decides to write me again (which I doubt) I might respond but there is no way in hell I'll start the conversation a second time.

Anyway, on Saturday I'm going to get drunk like there's no tomorrow and go to a party in a dorm. Will probably meet several new people but forget all of them by tomorrow :D There, I will also meet up with a lady I met last week. I warned her that I'm going to be drunk. She said she's curious to see how I'll behave then :laughing:

• Like 2

On 7/4/2017 at 8:56 AM, bob said:

She sounds like a catch.

So does gonorrhea.

Chlamydia, I Choose You! Use "burn"

• Like 2

On 04/07/2017 at 0:18 AM, drahkon said:

Fourth match on Tinder.

Me: "So what do you do in your freetime?"

Her: "The usual."

tumblr_lnhst0zFKc1qftrux.gif

Thank you very much for that information.

Well, she then asked me about my hobbies so I told her.

Her: "Not to be rude, but I want to go to sleep. Till later then."

q18pjpI.gif

Not sure if I'll bother starting the conversation again...

I really hate that on Tinder. The worst for me is

"hey how are you?"

"I'm ok you?"

"Yeah, I'm good! What have you been up to today? I see you like [something], I loved that show too. What was your favourite episode?"

"I'm ok thx"

So I had my third date with Hernando today! We went to see Spider-Man. I loved it, I usually hate Marvel stuff but Spidey is always the exception as it's usually a bit funny/lame and doesn't take itself too seriously. I also loved that it has The Ultimate Fighting Champion from F.R.I.E.N.D.S in it. 

After we did our usual mill around Tokyo Toys and stuff and then we went off to get cocktails at this nice place (no idea what its called).

On the way there I jokingly asked him if he had a boyfriend and he laughed and said no so I said "Oh man, if only there was someone here right now that could go out with you"

Fast forward a couple more lame Chandler Bing type lines and we're now a couple! 

j5v045.jpg

Edited by Josh64
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

After we did our usual mill around Tokyo Toys and stuff and then we went off to get cocktails at this nice place (no idea what its called).

On the way there I jokingly asked him if he had a boyfriend and he laughed and said no so I said "Oh man, if only there was someone here right now that could go out with you"

Fast forward a couple more lame Chandler Bing type lines and we're now a couple! 

j5v045.jpg

That's awesome news Josh, I'm really happy for you and Hernando. :D 

You both look great together.

• Like 1

Man, that could have gone so much worse.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"That's a really strange thing to ask someone on a third date." or "Do you think I'd be going out with you if I did?"

(This is probably why I'm single.)

Edited by Magnus
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

It's as easy as that :D

I'm already looking forward to that moment when I have the right woman by my side again. :) It's the most beautiful thing when it just "happens".

Very happy for you :)

• Like 1

That's a very cute photo, [mention=355]Josh64[/mention].

Back off, he's taken.
  • Like 1

On 04/07/2017 at 10:30 PM, Raining_again said:

Also what really irritates the crap out of me, people who don't fill in their about me bit, even if its just SOMETHING.  I'm going in blind here!!

Got a match on Tinder yesterday. Nothing on her profile except a couple of photos. :indeed: It's annoying.

Already asked about her hobbies. I swear to god, if she answers with "the usual" I will lose my shit :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

On 10/07/2017 at 8:28 AM, drahkon said:

Already asked about her hobbies. I swear to god, if she answers with "the usual" I will lose my shit :D

Well, she hasn't answered at all. On to the next.

Went to a party at my mate's yesterday. I got absolutely shitfaced. A lady caught my eye but I was too drunk to really try anything :laughing: Anyway, she's a friend of a mate and this morning I searched her on Facebook (because I'm a creep). Immediately went with: "Surprised you didn't come with us to the club."

We've been exchanging a couple of messages throughout the day but nothing to figure out whether she might be interested. So here's what I'll do: After she responds to my latest message I'll ask her whether she'd be interested in getting to know each other over a drink. Why waste time, right? If she says yes, awesome, if she doesn't, there are others out there :D