NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

#FingerLickinGood #GreasyBucket

You can't beat a good #BargainBucket but I'll give it a try! ;) hahahaha

#FingerLickinGood #GreasyBucket

You can't beat a good #BargainBucket but I'll give it a try! ;) hahahaha

Garnish your Big Whopper and stuff it in her Taco Bell.

no boneless chicken for me

mwuhahaha

Because you like a solid bone in your chicken or your chicken needs a good boning? i am so sorry

Edited by gaggle64
Automerged Doublepost

Garnish your Big Whopper and stuff it in her Taco Bell.

no boneless chicken for me

mwuhahaha

Because you like a solid bone in your chicken or your chicken needs a good boning? i am so sorry

Edited by gaggle64
Automerged Doublepost

Well, apparently she thinks that we don't have enough in common.

What's wrong with people? Why can't they tell someone that in person?

Then again, the fact that I'm more annoyed at how she told me than I am upset about it does suggest that it may not have worked.

Well, apparently she thinks that we don't have enough in common.

What's wrong with people? Why can't they tell someone that in person?

Then again, the fact that I'm more annoyed at how she told me than I am upset about it does suggest that it may not have worked.

You already know the answer @Cube. Rejecting someone in person is hard. It might be a bit cowardly, but she's only human. It's less about hurting your feelings than it about saving face for herself and protecting herself (maybe she's turned people down before and they've gone nuts on her). If she tells you in person then she has to deal with the fallout immediately, by text/online she just sends the message and then walks away.

The important part is a) people are interested in you and b) you're getting out there. Keep going, you'll get better and more confident with each one. Your dating game is way surpassing mine already.

You already know the answer @Cube. Rejecting someone in person is hard. It might be a bit cowardly, but she's only human. It's less about hurting your feelings than it about saving face for herself and protecting herself (maybe she's turned people down before and they've gone nuts on her). If she tells you in person then she has to deal with the fallout immediately, by text/online she just sends the message and then walks away.

The important part is a) people are interested in you and b) you're getting out there. Keep going, you'll get better and more confident with each one. Your dating game is way surpassing mine already.

Also, if she arranged to meet up with you, you'd be going there expecting it's another date, thinking things are going well. Do you really want to get your hopes up and deal with them getting put down, feeling like you've wasted an evening?

Personally, if it's not a relationship, I'd rather they just tell me over a text. Though I'm saying this as somebody who recently arrange to meet somebody for lunch to end it, chickened out and did it that evening over WhatsApp instead.

Also, if she arranged to meet up with you, you'd be going there expecting it's another date, thinking things are going well. Do you really want to get your hopes up and deal with them getting put down, feeling like you've wasted an evening?

Personally, if it's not a relationship, I'd rather they just tell me over a text. Though I'm saying this as somebody who recently arrange to meet somebody for lunch to end it, chickened out and did it that evening over WhatsApp instead.

Keep making stupid text mistakes, like accidentally sounded needy when a girl bailed last minute , so frustrating the margins are so small . Dating with AS is the most heartbreaking thing you can imagine . You can on paper have it all then blow it by the smallest little thing. If I didn't have it would still be with my ex . Know that in my heart

Keep making stupid text mistakes, like accidentally sounded needy when a girl bailed last minute , so frustrating the margins are so small . Dating with AS is the most heartbreaking thing you can imagine . You can on paper have it all then blow it by the smallest little thing. If I didn't have it would still be with my ex . Know that in my heart

I'm sure we've mentioned this before but the answer to that issue is always, always to message less.

I'm sure we've mentioned this before but the answer to that issue is always, always to message less.

Didn't blow it at all turns out . That advice worked

Less is more.

1aac7bad6675fa2671de7d1e7da0d0b1005e5a3331dde42c3f5a4bf0f3823ce5.jpg

Back in the club. She didn't change or make more effort, and I didn't feel I was a priority, told her all that and said it wasn't a relationship really. Still have to see her which is going to be a bit annoying for a while, because it isn't that I want her or love her any less per se, just that she was really fucking useless when it came to me/us.

Edited by Rummy

Sorry to hear that Rummy, how're you doing? And how'd she take it?

It's funny how for a couple of weeks our relationship was very similar, then you took the leap, asked if she'd be your girlfriend, fastforward a few months, been through a bunch of things, eventually had to finish it. But me, I'm still in pretty much the same place as I was when I started, never took that step :blank: still having fun, still looking at myself in the mirror after she leaves wondering what the hell I'm doing.

Maybe I don't care. Maybe even nearly 3 years after my big split I'm still not ready for something serious. Maybe I never will be. Don't think I can survive another loss like that if it didn't pan out years down the line.

Edited by Shorty

Sorry to hear that Rummy, how're you doing? And how'd she take it?

It's funny how for a couple of weeks our relationship was very similar, then you took the leap, asked if she'd be your girlfriend, fastforward a few months, been through a bunch of things, eventually had to finish it. But me, I'm still in pretty much the same place as I was when I started, never took that step :blank: still having fun, still looking at myself in the mirror after she leaves wondering what the hell I'm doing.

Maybe I don't care. Maybe even nearly 3 years after my big split I'm still not ready for something serious. Maybe I never will be. Don't think I can survive another loss like that if it didn't pan out years down the line.

Don't worry that irony is not lost on me at all :p I do wonder if maybe I hadn't committed as much what would have occurred. I'd have been happy to stay casual tbh, but it's not an idea I've generally been comfortable with until it's been discussed - which obvs happened and put me where I was.

The situation was that basically in like 9 weeks(6 weeks ago, my birthday, I expressed similar sentiments) I didn't see her one on one(I saw her at other/group stuff) for more than an hour maybe just 2-4 times. Just a few hours at that. She broke her arm and came back home(not far at all) but that seemed to be a lot of her reasoning for not staying, cancelling etc. but I still see she managed to keep up with all her other commitments etc. If I'd pushed or been forceful, I maybe could have got her to see me more - but I'd personally want that passion to come from the other person, as it was from me. It wasn't for lack of trying on my part that I didn't see her.

I told her since last monday we needed to talk. Ofc, as I mentioned before - she doesn't do phone calls but I won't have a serious conversation in texts either. I was gonna give it one last chance but she didn't get back to me til Weds/Thurs to say she'd see me on Friday if I was about. I found some time to see her(something apparently generally impossible for her) for a bit and basically said 9 weeks like that isn't a relationship and nothing had really changed since I spoke to her round my birthday. She agreed with my point, but protested some weak smaller points on the way, but I had to stick to my guns. It's hard because as I said the feelings about the good bits don't go away, but I can't keep killing myself for it/her.

I saw her at a monthly group thing for a bit on Saturday(as well as her brother and cousin, my good friend). I'm still going to see her often due to that, and a weekly thing, until she goes back to uni in a month or so. Tonight's our weekly thing but our main guy can't make it and someone else dropped probs due to me - that would have left me, her, and her cousin gaming in the pub and it feels a bit weird to do right now. I don't know what she's told her family side of things and that's bugging me a bit. I may have been the one to call it off with the words, but she really wasn't putting in the effort and I hope I don't get viewed as the one to 'blame'. Her nature, not entirely but often, seems quite selfish, lazy and self-interested, not always aware of others or possibly aware and just not giving a fuck. She's a bit of a contradiction, which makes it difficult, cos you think you're giving up but then suddenly you see some hope - she argues and talks and fights for what I'd consider generally stupid and small things, but if something serious or big comes up she just fucks off into herself and it helps nothing. Try and have a discussion on a big thing and she doesn't know fuck all, apparently.

I couldn't keep doing it, really, and lots of friends kept telling me that in the last 9 weeks, but I kept thinking I'd try and give her a chance. It sounds horrible to say - but I can understand a lot of the things that happened with/after her previous relationship now. It also makes me sad because tbh if she carries on like this for her life - I can't see her attracting anyone who won't end up being a dick to her. I could have stayed in this if I wanted I think, but I would have ended up being a dick myself. I never thought I'd say it - but I can see how some people can almost push their partners into cheating etc. Not saying that's ok or acceptable, and not saying every instance can be explained, but I can definitely understand how it happens to people with good intentions.

Generally it's still annoying though. Feelings and emotions don't just go away. I can rationalise it, but there was something about us that when it was good it was good. It's bad to say but I'd consider having something, as long as I was free to make the smaller effort like it felt she made. I only committed because I just kinda felt it was the thing to do at the time, probably complicated by knowing her family etc. I'd avoided seeing her cousin/brother so much in last few weeks to, because it felt weird having to almost keep up a pretense of things being fine. I don't know where to draw the line of talking with my friend about it though, I don't want to put her down to her family for it to seem like I'm doing it to make a point etc.

So...wall of text/rambling thought. I guess I'm ok, but the feelings don't stop/change quite as yet. I'll be fine in time, I'm sure, but it might need to involve some absence of her from my life - which I don't quite have right now.

Edited by Rummy

I want my best friend to break up with his girlfriend...

She is ridiculously jealous (my mate gets text like “Sure you’re not at another girls place?” when we go out for a beer), she controls him, she constantly plays the guild-trip card and she needs to see him literally every second of her free time.

He always talks about how she makes a big deal out of nothing (example from minutes ago: he was on his way to her place but the bus was a little late…and she got angry, seriously angry with him…) and how tiring it is for him.

This has been going on for 5 months now (they’ve been together for a year). He’s talked to her about it a lot of times but nothing has changed.

He’s not himself anymore…the control she has over him turns him into a different person and it sickens me to see that.

I’ve talked to him and told him that this relationship doesn’t seem to work…I don’t know whether I’d be in the right to say the words “you should break up with her”. My first girlfriend was like this and I broke up with her one week after it got out of hand. Maybe my experience is clouding my view on the situation, maybe I’m overreacting.