NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Off to the spa tomorrow with the love interest haha.

He came out to his parents last night as he said he felt the time was right. He said they were both really great which was quite nice to hear! Really supportive. I didn't expect them to not be, but you hear some horror stories.

I'm feeling like I want to make things official now.

He came round to mine the other night and we just chilled out for a bit, and it was really nice to do that rather than be out on bloody expensive dates all the time. :heh:

Not that I'm a stingy bastard, but 2 dates a week is a pricey affair! So it was good just to relax a little bit with him at home.

I think spending virtually the whole weekend with him will be a good test to see if we are as compatible as I think we are.

Hopefully we will be!

Also, his parents have already said they can't wait to meet me, so that's nice!

So the erstwhile girlfriend is currently ex-girlfriend, just because she's in another country until she gets her PhD admission.

Until then, I wish to caper nimbly in a lady's bedchamber, to the lascivious pleasing of a lute.

Okay so a bit more has happened from then on.

We were messaging 'as friends' and I asked what she was up to. She more or less said "I can't tell you because we're not like that anymore" (obviously trying to get my attention). So I played dumb and asked why and she said "Well, you'd have found out". Obviously she's trying to use sex. I let her carry on and just played dumb to it. In the end, she was all "Never mind then" and then she was on about meeting me for Valentine's Day but at this point, it's just way too late for me. I don't see a point. In the time of meeting her friends, going to coffee shops, going clubbing, going shopping, going to different places outside of town, she couldn't find time to phone me, Skype me or arrange a date? We had a small chat and she was on about her not being good-looking. I told her she was and that she'll find someone who'll love her and tell her that (if she hasn't already). We spoke a bit more and she was saying how she loves my sexy eyes and stuff and afterwards, discussed more on how it couldn't work. She said we'd make it work somehow and I said "There's no way we could when we can't even arrange to see each other for the first time and there's no way we could when we can't arrange to even chat for a few minutes on Skype". We spoke a little more and she said she was going back to college and then she said "Sorry". I asked what she was sorry for and she never responded.

I've not spoken to her for two days and it's so weird! Like, it's just strange! I'm used to texting her all day and night. We Skyped once and I can count the amount of proper phone calls we've had on one hand (not counting the ones at 4am where we don't have decent conversations). I just feel like a mug. I think the reason is more because, as sad as it sounds, I enjoyed feeling the possibility of a relationship. I enjoyed the flirting and that moment where anything could happen and I felt that she got me. Like, she understood me (well, she did until she started becoming sarcastic in some of the things she said).

I know I done the right thing but it feels wrong and I think it feels wrong because I guess I want someone. She was close to the type of partner I've wanted but I want someone who will make time for me. If anything, this has made me realise more what I want and what I'll get eventually.

Why are you even talking as 'friends'?...

Yeah I really don't get it. Just cut her out and move on, phones these days have block lists you can add numbers to.

I've not spoken to her for two days and it's so weird! Like, it's just strange! I'm used to texting her all day and night. We Skyped once and I can count the amount of proper phone calls we've had on one hand (not counting the ones at 4am where we don't have decent conversations). I just feel like a mug. I think the reason is more because, as sad as it sounds, I enjoyed feeling the possibility of a relationship. I enjoyed the flirting and that moment where anything could happen and I felt that she got me. Like, she understood me (well, she did until she started becoming sarcastic in some of the things she said).

I know I done the right thing but it feels wrong and I think it feels wrong because I guess I want someone. She was close to the type of partner I've wanted but I want someone who will make time for me. If anything, this has made me realise more what I want and what I'll get eventually.

Don't feel bad/muggish about this stuff. It's great that you found someone whose company you enjoyed. Someone that you could see something happening with and someone who affirmed in yourself what you're looking for.

It's a shame it didn't work out, but based on what you've said it's certainly not from lack of trying on your behalf.

Try and take this experience as a learning exercise. You know what kind of thing you're looking for and you know a bit better about what kind of person you want and what to look out for.

The worst thing that can come out of any kind of 'relationship' (in the loosest sense, to include stuff like this) is to learn nothing. Go forward having learnt something and apply it to the next person.

Spa day was perfect.

Had the best weekend.

We arrived early, checked into the room, grabbed a coffee and then went into the spa for an hour or so. Was so good! Really relaxing and chilled out.

There's a new hydro pool that replaced the old jacuzzi that was there and it was just :love:

And new heated beds by the pool. Delicious.

Regarding the company, well I think I am falling for him haha. I just didn't want to leave him and didn't want to go home.

We've made it official now anyway, we are now classing ourselves as in a relationship. Even on Facebook - so that's it now! :laughing:

The amount of people who have liked and said nice things about it is so lovely.

People who work with me who maybe knew I was gay but weren't ever really sure - well now they know!

And they've all commented saying how made up they are.

It's just the nicest feeling!!

Who'd have thought it'd happen so quick and I'd meet someone that I am so in sync with?!

Just shows it can happen to anyone at any given time!

Don't give up N-E'ers. There is definitely someone out there for everyone! :yay:

Urgh happy people :heh:

Did anyone else picture a Starmie sat beside a pool while reading that post?

Urgh happy people :heh:

Did anyone else picture a Starmie sat beside a pool while reading that post?

I did!

So we celebrate our one year anniversary yesterday (technically its the 16th), shame it falls basically on the 14th, but it was nice anyway.

:yay:

Awww, I'm happy for you @Aneres11, all sounds so lovely!

It seems I'm developing a habit of casually asking people out when drunk - was on a bit of a big one Thursday with some work folks(ward folks where I work sundays) and I kinda suggested to one of the nurse's we should go out sometime(she had totally just fobbed someone else off saying she was seeing someone, but it wasn't actually true) and she said she'd like that, but I realised later on - I have no way to really contact her which is totes my bad. Wondered whether I should fb stalk her(also didn't really want to before v-day) to message her, though part of me is just thinking to write the whole thing off as us all being a wee bit drunk. I saw her very briefly last night on a shift changeover, but absolutely no way to talk to her subtley (didn't want to make a deal of it at work), now wondering what to do. The work connection can make things awkward later, and I'm not sure if I'm just sort of thinking 'why not? rather than feeling more keen.

EDIT: I think really I need to stop drinking as we've just become facebook friends when I don't entirely recall sending a friend request. I'll message her later.

Edited by Rummy

In a weeks time, I'll be celebrating my anniversary with the girlfriend. Having a day of shopping on the Saturday to treat each other and then on the Sunday, we're having a properly lazy day, relaxing and then I'm cooking a 3 course dinner for the 2 of us. And then on the Wednesday after, we're heading to see Dylan Moran which should be good.

Really excited, though I do need to make a start on her gift (I'm putting together a scrapbook of our first year which is the lazy, cheeky way to put together a gift but considering we constantly buy each other little gifts and stuff, there's really no need to splurge money when something more personal could be done). Can hardly believe its been a year but its been amazing every second of it. There was a part of me that was a little worried that moving in together last November would change things but it really hasn't, if anything its brought us closer and the last 3 months living together has been incredible, always fun.

We've even begun to talk about that next step, which I've been thinking about a lot for a long time now. We both know we want to get married and can't ever see each other with anyone else and though some might say a year and a bit together is a bit soon, you know when you've met the right person as it all just clicks into place and with her, I feel that. So a couple of weeks back, I decided that I'm going to pop the question after our anniversary/towards the end of March! Have decided when I'm going to do it (after checking her night shifts at work) and where, and have the ring pretty much sorted so now just the agonising wait and the hope that panic doesn't set in before then.

I'd never in my wildest dreams have thought that this time last year I'd be looking at asking someone to marry me but there you go. Still time to iron out a few details on how I'll do it but pretty much have everything set. So fingers crossed that in a couple of weeks time, my next post in this topic will be good news!

Well, it seems like I've got a date on Saturday.

Good stuff. Tell us the details sir!

Really excited, though I do need to make a start on her gift (I'm putting together a scrapbook of our first year which is the lazy, cheeky way to put together a gift but considering we constantly buy each other little gifts and stuff, there's really no need to splurge money when something more personal could be done).

That's a really nice gift. I know if I did that for my girlfriend she'd love it. Thoughtful ideas are always better than expensive stuff in my opinion.

Good stuff. Tell us the details sir!

I will do. It's someone I've been talking to on a dating site. The conversation moved over to texting (rather than using the dating site's messaging) and then flowed to us meeting up. I wasn't planning on actually meeting people, but it just kind of seemed right.

It's the 18 year old I mentioned in a previous post.

It's the 18 year old I mentioned in a previous post.

18?! What the hell are you doing? That's way too young!

A little over a year ago I met a girl on a dating site. We talked about meeting up, but then fell out of contact before setting anything up. Anyway, I ran into her a week ago or so on the same dating site and now I've got a coffee date with her on Saturday. I'm having trouble reading her from her texts, which isn't making me incredibly optimistic, but we'll see how it goes.

A little over a year ago I met a girl on a dating site. We talked about meeting up, but then fell out of contact before setting anything up. Anyway, I ran into her a week ago or so on the same dating site and now I've got a coffee date with her on Saturday. I'm having trouble reading her from her texts, which isn't making me incredibly optimistic, but we'll see how it goes.

Its a fake profile, she's going to ruffie you take you to a hotel room, and you'll wake up in an ice bath minus some organs :heh:

Women are not easy to read full stop, everything has a double meaning, everything is assumed to have a double meaning, after 6 years with a girl who is the least like this that i can find, she's still like this and its infuriating

see how it goes and just have fun

Its a fake profile, she's going to ruffie you take you to a hotel room, and you'll wake up in an ice bath minus some organs :heh:

Women are not easy to read full stop, everything has a double meaning, everything is assumed to have a double meaning, after 6 years with a girl who is the least like this that i can find, she's still like this and its infuriating

see how it goes and just have fun

Haha, well, we'll see. I've dated a few women in the past who turned out to be literally insane (fortunately I got out before any real damage was done), so I'm not too worried about this one.

Haha, well, we'll see. I've dated a few women in the past who turned out to be literally insane (fortunately I got out before any real damage was done), so I'm not too worried about this one.

Literally insane?

My date has been postponed to next week. She has to do political campaigning tonight. She didn't explain what, except that it definitely not UKIP (which is hardly surprising as she's half-Filipino).

My date has been postponed to next week. She has to do political campaigning tonight. She didn't explain what, except that it definitely not UKIP (which is hardly surprising as she's half-Filipino).

Shit, I think I know what it is.