NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

If I did that, I wouldn't have a date on Wednesday.

If you read his post it does say for example if you met a lass at a pokemon event then expressing your love for pokemon might actually be a really good thing. Same things as Mass Effect. If the girl you are messaging says she loves the series then it's obviously something you are going to talk about.

It's just common sense.

I'm pretty sure someone on here said they are a Bronie. Can't remember who.

Either way, incredible generalisation there.

I'm happy to call myself a Brony, though I don't collect them, but I do love the show(even though I'm well behind nowadays). I think the brony movement was quite a good thing when it first came about - not something I've followed as much since though.

@drahkon - thanks for nowt :P

Edited by Rummy

Your post made me chuckle.

Zechs, you do realize you were the one who brought up My Little Pony on your first post, right? :heh:

Either way, there might be some guilty pleasures, but liking stuff like Videogames and Anime/Manga is what he meant by "alternative tastes". I very much agree with Sheikah (in bringing those up fairly early), because if a girl thinks those things are a waste of time from the get-go, it's going to be hard finding other points in common.

Long story short - I've fallen for a good friend

When it happened with me, she ended up liking me as well. She was the one who brought it up first (she thought I was into someone else, and that led her to admit it), but I honestly think I should've been the first one to say something (she did leave plenty of hints, in hindsight).

Basically, if she enjoys your company as much as you enjoy hers, there's already has a good chance she'll accept you. If she's a good friend like you say, I'll assume this is already true.

About how to tell her... Approach it like you would any serious topic. You already know each other well, no need to dance around it.

If you're reluctant in moving forward with this, remember: it's either taking this chance or suffering in silence.

When it happened with me, she ended up liking me as well. She was the one who brought it up first (she thought I was into someone else, and that led her to admit it), but I honestly think I should've been the first one to say something (she did leave plenty of hints, in hindsight).

Basically, if she enjoys your company as much as you enjoy hers, there's already has a good chance she'll accept you. If she's a good friend like you say, I'll assume this is already true.

About how to tell her... Approach it like you would any serious topic. You already know each other well, no need to dance around it.

If you're reluctant in moving forward with this, remember: it's either taking this chance or suffering in silence.

My problem has been that I've liked her for a long time - it's just gotten more so WITH time. I thought it's somewhat obvious too(I asked her out for Valentines a few years back, though admittedly I did so without saying it was anything more than anything) - my mentality was kinda that I didn't want to say/do anything that'd make it weird between us and that she didn't really feel that way. It's possible she has, or things have changed, but I just don't know.

I'm basically good friends with three girls, of whom she is one. Another is actually another best friend's ex, though that's somewhat irrelevant. The other two girls for a long time always use to joke about us, and it always seemed to make my friend a little awkward. Even just a few weeks ago prior to valentines we were at one of theirs and they started joking about us - she never says anything, doesn't even laugh it off or anything, and so I kinda wasn't sure what to think about that. It's a bit strange too, cos the other girls both have boyfriends(and one even has a kid now, which is mad to think) and so it's like me and this are kind of like the third couple when we hang out. That's a weird thing, sometimes it kinda feels like...we already are? But aren't? If that makes sense. Admittedly I was crazy drunk by the end of saturday but there was something about that feeling that's just made me go a bit insane now lol. I was well cheeky the other week and asked her for a favour, she went above and beyond imo but then again that's kind of what she's like so I wasn't sure whether to think anything of it or not. It's one of the reasons I like her a lot, actually.

I guess I know what I have to do at the end of the day, but it's just...I spose venting. G'ing myself up for it.

Hell, there's my advice to you @drahkon - do something now, before you know each other too long and it becomes too big a problem!!

Edited by Rummy

80oTA4d.png

I better watch out mate hahaha

I'm sure he gets his nob wet.

The boy spent the weekend at mine, it might not be classy but he got me cider and KFC and made sure I stayed in bed because I wasn't feeling so good.

Ah he's a keeper. :awesome:

Aww man I'm bummed... I missed all that crockload of shit stereotypical junk being spewed about women. :)

@nightwolf - he got you cider and KFC.... dont ever let him go :heh:

Aww man I'm bummed... I missed all that crockload of shit stereotypical junk being spewed about women. :)

@nightwolf - he got you cider and KFC.... dont ever let him go :heh:

I decided to ignore all the crap about 'dressing up' and being impressed. My first date with the boy was cinema and we both wore hoodies.

Because y'know, fuck wearing suits and stuff.

:awesome:

Oh ok. But you didn't like it when I put on my birthday suit.

tumblr_inline_mnb7knU0gB1qz4rgp.gif

:p

I've watched that gif on repeat for over a minute. I think I need to calm down.

Also, congrats on all the dates and fun times!

I think with the whole first date effort thing, it all depends on the type of person you're meeting and wanting to meet. Hopefully if you're both pretty chill, then it's a nice match. Whereas people who like to make an effort would like to see someone make effort. If that makes sense?

I decided to ignore all the crap about 'dressing up' and being impressed. My first date with the boy was cinema and we both wore hoodies.

:awesome:

Yes, me and mine went for the hoodie look too. It was cold in November!! :heh:

Firstly, this thread is a car crash of people who seem to habitually fail when it comes to smashing nice looking birds. So take it from me, online profile:

I'm convinced you're trolling, but either way....

Your house. I hope you don't mind.

It's actually at a bar/resturaunt. They have a quiz night on that night, which she liked the idea of.

Bah. I'm wearing my Mass Effect hoodie. That's who I am, and that's who she'll see.

That actually seems like a genius idea for a first date. It will create subjects for you to talk about, both of your personalities should be pushed to the front and yeah...that just sounds like a great idea. Good luck, I expect a report back.

I'd rather show effort through character than a generic shirt. She's interested me because we share interests, and I feel like my choice of clothing should reflect that.

You'd probably get on well with my friend.

1477857_588658394412_1072549848_n.jpg

Edited by Rummy

I wore a shirt with skulls on to the first date with my girlfriend and we spent 7 hours talking about geek stuff.

Yesterday was the 1 year "anniversary" of said date, so I guess it went well?

You'd probably get on well with my friend.

1477857_588658394412_1072549848_n.jpg

Do you have photos of all your friends' legs...?

Okay, I kinda see all sides of the last few pages and kinda agree on either side.

From Zechs side of it, I can understand the dress to impress idea, and when single on a night in the town that's the way I'd approach it. If your "on the pull" so to speak at bars and clubs your normally trying to look good. I know I did in those circumstances. And again depending on what your after I guess you may not drop Into a conversation at the bar that you can't wait till Saturday night to play WWE2k14 with your mates, or in my case stay up till 4am to watching Wrestlemania.

But you don't know when or where you are going to find your next relationship. Personally I've never gone looking for one in town on lads nights when I was single. All my relationships and my current one have been when I've been at my normal causal attire self which consists of jeans, band or geeky t-shirt with a trucker hat on (I'm stuck in the past)

I met my fiancée at a pub completely unexpected looking as casual as can be, and so was she...we didn't know we'd meet each other there like that. Out initial conversation was about bands due to my band t shirt I was wearing that night, and from there it went on rather quickly. She knew I liked games, Pokemon, WWE within what less than a week? Didn't bother her same as her obsession with Busted didn't bother me (seriously obsessed mind, she was 19 when I met her and I was 22 so who should of been more embarrassed.. Her for Busted or me for Pokemon/nerdy stuff?)

So that's the argument of being yourself to find relationships too. I've enjoyed both aspects, I did enjoy lads nights and the thrill of the chase if you will, but man I don't half enjoy rocking up to a pub looking like a tramp if you want to call it that and meeting my future wife!

26th April 2014 can't come soon enough!

Edited by Murr

The legs ARE my friends!

There was actually quite a lot of various crotch and legs in the album(someone stole the camera) but hers were particularly for the Mass Effect leggings. I haven't even really played Mass Effect but they were both awesome and awesome, so yeah I took a picture! Not a creepy one, I realise it looks like that now. But it wasn't.

(this friend is completely unrelated to my current woes, tho she is someone I asked out quite early on in our friendship which got it out of the way)

You can look geek and still look cool. The point is don't wear crumpled shirts or jeans with bird shit on 'em.

I'd suggest dressing up clean-cut and casual, but if you don't wear flannel shirts with the top button undone on a regular basis then you can't force it to come across as casual (which in my book is "hey I was asked to dress well but it turns out I dress well everyday so here I am in clothes I wear everyday and yet I still look smart!").

... But to be fair I'd shit myself going on a date. ULTIMATELY you need to feel comfortable. If it's the first date in a long time then get in front of a mirror NOW (or tomorrow) and try on various combinations. If you look in the mirror and feel uncomfortable for some reason then it's not right. If none of your clothes work then go shop.

[/badhelp]

Regardless of what you feel comfortable in, a first date (unless the venue/activity dictates otherwise) is a smart dress occasion. I love my Game of Thrones T-shirts, but I wouldn't wear one to a fancy restaurant. Sure, you shouldn't hide your true self, but you should also dress for the occasion. I've got no time for people who refuse to dress up.

Oh awesome, now I know what Rez masturbating probably sound like.

Are you implying you don't?

If a girl turned up to a first date looking really casual I'd simply walk out on her. This is the simple reason... if you're not going to make the effort on the first date, when the hell are you going to ever make an effort?!

But for some people here that sort of effort is not important, and they may well be seeking others where it's also not important to them. Different people, different priorities.

I'd rather get it over with straight away than waste time with someone like that.