NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

I wish my life was a movie like Frank's is.

It is, it's just his is directed by Sofia Coppola while yours is by Wes Anderson.

I went to a comedy club last night with my housemates, and I invited the girl along. I was doing really well, and (as my housemate put it) "laying down some good groundwork". Unfortunately I'd not eating a single thing since breakfast, so got really drunk. Apparently I didn't do anything embarrassing, but it did mean I missed what is probably my last chance.

I hate myself sometimes.

I went to a comedy club last night with my housemates, and I invited the girl along. I was doing really well, and (as my housemate put it) "laying down some good groundwork". Unfortunately I'd not eating a single thing since breakfast, so got really drunk. Apparently I didn't do anything embarrassing, but it did mean I missed what is probably my last chance.

I hate myself sometimes.

Hey dude, bad decision made but not the end of everything. Why do you think it was your last chance anyway? If she was interested in you as a person then she would have picked up on that before you got skwiffed.

And if not then that's fine too. Doubt you want either of you to be in a relationship that wasn't what you wanted.

Why do you think it was your last chance anyway?

Because she'll be going back to India in about a week.

Additionally, when I was talking to her last night she said that she lives with her parents. Where were discussing the cultural differences, and she said that in India most people stay with their parents, and that she'll probably live with her parents until she's married.

So not much chance of coming back to the UK then.

How far away is India? I was looking at a map and it was only about 10cm away. I reckon I could walk that.

Because she'll be going back to India in about a week.

Additionally, when I was talking to her last night she said that she lives with her parents. Where were discussing the cultural differences, and she said that in India most people stay with their parents, and that she'll probably live with her parents until she's married.

So not much chance of coming back to the UK then.

How far away is India? I was looking at a map and it was only about 10cm away. I reckon I could walk that.

You're lucky your genders aren't the other way around. When an Indian couple get married, the wife usually goes to live with the husband and their family under one roof. *shudder*

Sounds like it's not a huge loss though. Would have been nice but only short term thing right?

Sounds like it's not a huge loss though. Would have been nice but only short term thing right?

Although part of me thought it might have worked, it most likely would have been short term.

Looks like I have a date on Wednesday, let's see how it turns out.

Haven't you already posted this before?

You're lucky your genders aren't the other way around. When an Indian couple get married, the wife usually goes to live with the husband and their family under one roof. *shudder*

...the thought makes you shudder...? if you need me, i'll be sitting in the corner, rocking gently and crying at the very thought O_o

your mum takes ironing super seriously, i couldn't handle it.

Looks like I have a date on Wednesday, let's see how it turns out.

WE DEMAND MORE DETAILS!!! :laughing:

your mum takes ironing super seriously, i couldn't handle it.

Ironing is serious business.

759-SeriousWomanIroning2.220w.tn.jpg

Before I posted that I might have a date next week and now I definitely have a date next week, possibly 2.

shock.jpg

where y' gunna go? whatcha gunna do??

I know right, exciting stuff.

I'm going to go to TGI Friday's and have dinner. Movie shit right there.

I know right, exciting stuff.

I'm going to go to TGI Friday's and have dinner. Movie shit right there.

*gasp!* TGI's is awesome 1st date material :)

Allow me to extend some advice to my fellow N-Europer's here.

From time to time, you may find that your partner and yourself may have a disagreement, and may end up shouting at each other, part and parcel of life.

Here's some advice to you all. Under no circumstances should you call your partner the 4 letter C Word that sounds like punt.

There's many reasons why and here are just a few...

A) Your friends and her/his friends will certainly think a lot less of you

B) It can actually cause offense to the person

C) If you're parents are away that weekend, and you don't have a key for their house you are screwed especially if...

D) Your partner has stormed home and locked you out of the house by leaving their key in the lock.

I had a great Saturday night as you may be able to tell.

However balance is restored as we are now back to normal. Just a case of too much alcohol, and a small disagreement that went way out of hand.

From time to time, you may find that your partner and yourself may have a disagreement, and may end up shouting at each other, part and parcel of life.

Here's some advice to you all. Under no circumstances should you call your partner the 4 letter C Word that sounds like punt.

C) If you're parents are away that weekend, and you don't have a key for their house you are screwed especially if...

D) Your partner has stormed home and locked you out of the house by leaving their key in the lock.

However balance is restored as we are now back to normal. Just a case of too much alcohol, and a small disagreement that went way out of hand.

Duuuuuuuuude....

I sincerely hope no one needed that advice.

I've just had a really nice experience ~ an advert on a website started playing audio (usually horribly annoying!!). it was for "blueberry frost" scented airwick candle, i think... some big brand air freshener, anyway... when the advert lady said the word "frost" (my new surname since marrying mr. @Jamba) i thought of the word as my name, rather than just a random word.

i know that's only a tiny thing, but it felt really nice ^_^

...also, the 4 letter word beginning with C that sounds like "punt" is NEVER ok for me. not as a joke, not as a throwaway comment, neveeerrrr. i just can't handle it o_O

i found this pretty interesting:

WARNING! NSFW AT ALL: many many many uses of the word, but interesting look into the history of the word.

...in COMPLETELY UNRELATED news i have to go cancel an order for that personalised pen i was getting jamba for christmas... :/

Edited by bluey

A CUNT box has been started at work for one of my colleagues. She's putting a quid in there each time she accidentally says it -- it's all gonna go towards her flight to thailand next year anyway. She's raised about £50 in a week..!

Yeah not to the clients :P just while she floats about the office, complaing about the cunting printer or the cuntlike vending machine... stuff like that.

personally I think most words in the language are fine, when used in certain contexts. But perhaps that's another thread.

Yeah not to the clients :P just while she floats about the office, complaing about the cunting printer or the cuntlike vending machine... stuff like that.

personally I think most words in the language are fine, when used in certain contexts. But perhaps that's another thread.

I'm not adverse to the occasional C-bomb myself but it's definitely not work appropriate and my office is quite liberal with swearing.

Well crap.

So I haven't spoken to RandomBusGirl since last time as I keep chickening out like an idiot. We've had eye contact a few times but apparently that doesn't mean anything according to this thread. :p

We spoke briefly (wish, I thought of something wittier to say, pretty sure I sounded like an idiot in my head) last Friday as she let me get off the bus first and was being all friendly so that kinda gave me the kick to talk to her again. Except yesterday I was late because the Metro broke down.

Was going to talk to her today but she was talking to some other guy on the bus. Not sure if she knew him or he was another RandomBusGuy, I do know they swapped numbers though.

It's probably not the end of the world yet but it's made me panic and I've lost all focus today. Gonna try to talk to her tomorrow if the wait doesn't kill me.

*Kicking myself*