NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

You're in Sheffield, I imagine the women up there are lovely. Isn't Sean Bean from there? It's where Legends are made.

Everyone else is dire. They all got together, and imparted their collective awesomeness into Sean Bean. They sacrificed their own happiness so that Sean Bean could be the man he is. It's the only way one man could be so incredible.

Everyone else is dire. They all got together, and imparted their collective awesomeness into Sean Bean. They sacrificed their own happiness so that Sean Bean could be the man he is. It's the only way one man could be so incredible.

Every time Sean Bean dies in a film/real life, he dies for the sins of all of Sheffield folk.

Every time Sean Bean dies in a film/real life, he dies for the sins of all of Sheffield folk.

He has as many lives as the number of people who sacrificed themselves for him. We think he's invincible, with him dying so regularly. But his number of lives are finite. One day, he'll run out.

That will be a grave day for all.

Edited by MoogleViper

I know it sounds mad, but I'd be well jarred on the fucking wind waker front. Maybe ok don't pay for that shit, but to just cancel it? Then again, I'm in no position to talk sense about long-term/relationships in general. Though my botherment would be more that I wouldn't be getting it on release, and I think you'll be ok on that front anyway.

Though back to the real points @Blade; I support a lot of the opinions expressed here. It's sucky and it's shit, and it's crap that it feels out of the blue and unexplained - you'll need time to get over this(more with no 'why' for the reason) and have every right to feel every way you do right now for a while. 'Manning up' is a load of bullshit. Without getting sexist/starting a large debate on gender difference(as I'm biased in one way) I think men get just as equally if not more involved in relationships to such an extent that it can be devastating to lose one. Tbh I think her attitude shows absolutely no respect to you as a person, and that's more a reflection on her than you.

Take your time, find your ground, find yourself. You'll be up and you'll be down, constantly, in moments and in days, you can't expect anything to happen overnight - it's going to take time which is hard to see or realise in a moment. You've known nothing else for the last 18 months - you'll naturally take time to adjust.

/blahblah easy advice when you're not in it

tl;dr Just don't feel you have to 'be' anything particular off this mate.

(P.S The Departed is awesome despite being a cheap western ripoff :p)

Edited by Rummy

Dude, if she did that, she's a dick. And the thing about dicks is that they tend to make themselves well known as dicks before the act of major transgression, so I don't really buy that it came out of the blue. You must have perceived some at least slightly dickish behaviour from her before now, right?

@Blade, I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that. Break-ups are shitty and no offence but your ex sounds awful to begin with and sounds a bit of an arsebitch to begin with. I know that that probably doesn't help you and even though I don't know, I already know that you deserve better. Everybody deserves anybody better if their other half ended their relationship through text and didn't and won't explain why. Sounds like a complete drama queen and you're better off without her.

However I would like to give you some advice if that would be okay and it is kind of what everybody else has been saying. Don't shut everybody out and don't shut off your emotions. There's no such thing as 'manning up', that phrase makes me want to punch things, and ANYBODY who tells you to man up need to GROW UP because it's totally okay to be upset, gutted, to cry, to be angry, whatever, because they are emotions and how you feel and keeping them in and keeping it to yourself will make it worse and sometimes can even change you. It's human to feel emotions so anybody saying 'man up' is just crap. I know this because I did it. I was given the advice to man up and I shut everyone out and one day, I just broke down to my best friend and she listened to everything. I felt better.

What you need to do is trust someone. Not anybody who'll tell you to man up because that is the worst piece of advice ever. You need to go to somebody and just talk. I know it probably doesn't seem it now but it does get better and you are better off without her if she's playing mind games like that, dude.

Keep your head held high and try to smile! Throw yourself into your fitness and channel your emotions into it! Exercise is known to relieve any stress!

I wish you all the best, dude! :)

Fucks sake. Saw cute guy at gym, couldn't even face saying hello. I was sitting on the floor doing stretches and the way I was facing him as he walked in, we would've had direct eye contact, but I closed my eyes and went into zen mode until he was away... I'm such a silly twat..hahah

Fucks sake. Saw cute guy at gym, couldn't even face saying hello. I was sitting on the floor doing stretches and the way I was facing him as he walked in, we would've had direct eye contact, but I closed my eyes and went into zen mode until he was away... I'm such a silly twat..hahah

He might have been looking at you stretching on the floor, longing for you, thinking "Damn, I'd tap that!"

OOOOOOOOOOOOH GUUUURL, YOU GO GET YOU SOME! :p

===

My friend wants to sign me up to mysinglefriend.com. It's this site where a friend actually does your profile and stuff. I kind of think that we should do this for Serebii! Oh my days! Yes! #MissionSerebii2

I think we should all leave off Serebii. What started out as a joke is turning into bullying.

I was being genuine though, sorry if it came across as anything else. I'd never bully. I just think this site is a cool idea if you put your trust in the right people. What could boost your self-confidence more when somebody's there as your virtual wingman. I think it should be considered since he wanted to find a site that works. Who knows what could happen. Obviously it can be edited and shit but it could be good. I've given my mate the green light anyway...wish me luck! :)

I've spend the past 15 minutes reading through a few pages of this thread, and my god love is such hard work.

I've been in a relationship for 8 months now, a lot of that long distance. He's from Brussels, but goes to Uni in Sheffield, where we met. I've now moved down to London from Sheff, and now he's back again for Uni we're visiting each other every weekend. It's so frustrating being 3 hours away, but it's far easier than I ever thought it would be after hearing other peoples experiences of long distance relationships. I honestly don't know why people find it so difficult. It sucks, but if it's worth it, you get used to it.

I've spend the past 15 minutes reading through a few pages of this thread, and my god love is such hard work.

I've been in a relationship for 8 months now, a lot of that long distance. He's from Brussels, but goes to Uni in Sheffield, where we met. I've now moved down to London from Sheff, and now he's back again for Uni we're visiting each other every weekend. It's so frustrating being 3 hours away, but it's far easier than I ever thought it would be after hearing other peoples experiences of long distance relationships. I honestly don't know why people find it so difficult. It sucks, but if it's worth it, you get used to it.

I guess every situation is different and every person is different. The 3 hours for you might not be the same as someone else.

For instance, I currently couldn't do a long distance relationship, I'm working 56+ hour weeks and whilst I do have the weekend and the money to travel, it'd take such a toll.

Which is a shame mostly, but different strokes for different folks. I just wouldn't say that just because you find it easy that everyone else does.

However, congrats to you and your other half on 8 months. :love:

It's great that it's working out for you but a lot of people try long distance and have now way of seeing each other every weekend.

It's great that it's working out for you but a lot of people try long distance and have now way of seeing each other every weekend.

Oh of course, I didn't mean to suggest that it should be easy for everyone.

We spent 3 months apart over summer, seeing each other once. And it sucked, but again, between skype, phone calls and messaging, it's deal-able. I just think it depends on the relationship, rather than the situation. It's such a test though.

I think the 'long distance relationships are hard' thing is just an old fashioned throw back from when people used to communicate using telegrams and shit. In this day and age, you can practically converse directly with someone 24 hours a day if you wanted to.

I'm not saying Skype etc is the same as being with someone, but think about how people used to have to wait 2 months for a reply to a letter, and then stop being such a pussy.

I've done several iterations of long-distance, and really the biggest 'issue' is you can settle into a routine where weekends = partner, weekdays = everything else. You form habits where you don't have to worry about what your partner wants to do during the week and, well, doing this for 2 years then going into a 'regular' relationship can lead to a lot a feeling of constraint and a reduction of choice.

But there are a lot of great elements to distance relationships where you actually get to meet up frequently. I was going from brighton to Leeds and the 4-5 hour travel every other week never bothered me - but being continents apart with only the maybe of seeing your other half once or twice a year? That's not really a relationship, in my view. That's feeling the comfort of being loved, but just complicating living life.

I've done several iterations of long-distance, and really the biggest 'issue' is you can settle into a routine where weekends = partner, weekdays = everything else. You form habits where you don't have to worry about what your partner wants to do during the week and, well, doing this for 2 years then going into a 'regular' relationship can lead to a lot a feeling of constraint and a reduction of choice.

But there are a lot of great elements to distance relationships where you actually get to meet up frequently. I was going from brighton to Leeds and the 4-5 hour travel every other week never bothered me - but being continents apart with only the maybe of seeing your other half once or twice a year? That's not really a relationship, in my view. That's feeling the comfort of being loved, but just complicating living life.

I agree with this. After meeting my lady at uni we are now saving up for a house separately so only see each other at weekend. She only lives hour and half away which isn't that far but still long distance is say. You get used to routine ofit and just have to make the effort.

Countries is a whole different matter. So I can 100% understand Kavvy's issue.

Reading that through, I'd have to say that from my experiences you're completely right jay, I probably wouldn't have liked to admit it if I was still in a relationship but being single for a couple of weeks after - mutually - ending a three and a half year long distance 'relationship' I can see how that was pretty much how things were in a way. :sad:

It's a bit of a sad moment of realisation for me, I don't regret a thing though as we had plenty of good times :) but anyway, I just wanted to say 'thanks' for inadvertently putting some perspective on the situation for me personally. : peace:

Yeah my point only really holds off you know the situation is temporary. It's clearly a different matter if you both love in separate countries and don't know when the situation will end.

I agree with this. After meeting my lady at uni we are now saving up for a house separately.

Even she doesn't want to live with you.

The break up happened a fortnight ago. You would have thought id gotten over it now.

Feeling really down today :(

The break up happened a fortnight ago. You would have thought id gotten over it now.

Feeling really down today :(

Break ups can take a while, try not to rush it. If you feel down, feel down, surround yourself with nice things and friends, do things you want to do, even if its just sitting around watching your favourite movie.

It definitely gets easier as the weeks go on, but you've got to give it time.

All the best <3.