NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

You'd be amazed to hear how many people feel uncomfortable in social situations. I recognise what you say about freezing up, being unable to even make a phonecall etc. I still can't do phonecalls... even after working in a call centre. =P

And walking up to people and ask them something is a big challenge for me as well, I have to kinda prepare the conversation in my head so I won't freeze up haha.

It is hard, but it is something you can get better at with practice. I guess it is more about learning to make yourself feel a bit more comfortable in those situations. Don't worry too much about what other people might be thinking about you, as that will just make you feel worse. And they probably aren't even thinking what you think they might be thinking, it is just your own brain overthinking the entire situation.

So yeah, like others have said, you first have to learn to feel better about yourself, become more comfortable with yourself and in those situations. It's not easy, but it can be done with enough willpower. =)

*not sure if post makes sense as it is quickly written at work, while feeling tired*

I'm trying. I never turn down a social experience (unless I have to cover site stuff) and try my earnest to make conversation, but it's really hard.

I'm trying to do this at the same time as attempting to find a companion as I'm getting a bit old. I turn 27 in July and it's got to the point that it's ridiculous that my experiences are so few and far between

This exactly. Lose yourself dance, to quote a pair of French disco bots.

And another thing, don't over idealise being in a relationship or, ironically, romanticise it (Like everything in life it has its upsides and its downsides) - doing so just adds unnecessary pressure and stress. Life just has a(n often infuriating) way of happening.

/Thisisnohelp

Stop looking for a girlfriend and start looking to have fun.

That'd make me even worse :p

Well he may not mean "fun" in the coy-euphemism-for-sex manner, but rather simply experiences of chatting to people, maybe making new friends, or just interacting with different people on a night out. The good and the bad. It may not lead to anywhere, but even just a quick random conversation with someone at a club/pub or whatever will build confidence.

Use your wealth to pay actors to start a scene, so you can mock it with nearby strangers!

Perhaps even getting a 'real' (:heh:) job would help!

Edited by Ashley

Just use your wealth to buy friends.
And pay for their plastic surgery to look like your favourite Pokémon.

#missionserebii update.

Went out for my birthday last night, near the end when I was too drunk to care I told 2 girls that I ran the biggest Pokémon website in the world then got a photo with them.

Job done.

QBBpJxD.jpg

Edited by Caris

#missionserebii update.

Went out for my birthday last night, near the end when I was too drunk to care I told 2 girls that I ran the biggest Pokémon website in the world then got a photo with them.

Job done.

jZ3r

That can't be true...

#missionserebii update.

Job done.

QBBpJxD.jpg

Fantastic effort. Jealous that I haven't had a chance to go out yet to give it a try!

That can't be true...

I definitely believe him. I have in my head already roughly what I'm going to say.

#missionserebii

Stop looking for a girlfriend and start looking to have fun.

THIS. This had been my problem during my late teen years and it's still very important to realise this now, Serebii. Trying to just have some fun, or more innocently, try to catch just a date is the best step for you to take.

#missionserebii update.

Job done.

QBBpJxD.jpg

This thread has been phenomenal for the past few pages, but now shit's really starting to heat up. Fucking brilliant effort mate!

Going to get back to keeping a good eye on this thread

I really want to try it out now! I'm going out tomorrow so I'll keep you guys updated if anything happens! Beats telling 'em that I sell shoes any day! #MissionSerebii

If you have me on Facebook you will understand that is nothing compared to what I normally get up to, ha.

Please don't damage my good name when pretending to be me :(

I just have a feeling that the Ted Mosby - Architect issue is going to occur :p

Really tempted to try #MissionSerebii. Might give it a go this weekend.

Yeah guys, don't make people think he's good with the ladies. The horror.

I really want to try it out now! I'm going out tomorrow so I'll keep you guys updated if anything happens! Beats telling 'em that I sell shoes any day! #MissionSerebii

I can't wait until the mayhem of the weekend is over and all the photos start getting put up.

#missionserebii

I'm away on holiday next week. Might have to give #MissionSerebii a try.

I can't wait until the mayhem of the weekend is over and all the photos start getting put up.

#missionserebii

I'll try to get photos too! Doubt it'll work but hey, I'll try! I'm on holiday in about three weeks' time as well so I'm going to try then as well!

I think Charlie should bring a show out that's actually called "Charlienge Accepted" where we all give him dating challenges to do and he must accomplish them! That would be amazing!

I'll try to get photos too! Doubt it'll work but hey, I'll try! I'm on holiday in about three weeks' time as well so I'm going to try then as well!

I think Charlie should bring a show out that's actually called "Charlienge Accepted" where we all give him dating challenges to do and he must accomplish them! That would be amazing!

Give me some challenges and I'll make a shitty YouTube channel with me doing them.

Give me some challenges and I'll make a shitty YouTube channel with me doing them.

IT'S....ALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

I feel like a crazy scientist right now!

C'mon guys, let's think of some dating myths! Charlie is N-E's Barney Stinson so they need to be good! haha.

I'm not sure if I should allow that....

Don't worry, they'll assume he's Archaic.

Oh god it took me a second to realise it was even me I look so different, yeah take it down please ha.