NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

That sucks Platty, especially the way that she secured someone else before she left. Shows no class whatsoever. You are definitely the stronger half of the relationship.

Oh Platty I feel for you and can tell you right now that ultimately you're better off without people like this.

I was in a somewhat similar situation a good few years back where my then girlfriend of 3 and a half years or so had cheated on me. The kicker was that she was also engaged to this person!

Some people were either just not brought up properly or have no form of moral compass. Because really, there's just no way people can hurt others that they apparently love otherwise.

N-E bro-hugs for you, Platty. I hope that the last part of the relationship doesn't make you feel like you wasted the previous 6 years of your life. Just think, there's a woman out there whose life has significantly improved because there's now YOU on the market :P Hope your mates are helping you through the hard time, dude.

Was in a club last night and this girl who was all over guys started trying it with me and as it was near the end of the night said to me, "So are we going back to yours?" my response was: I don't know what you were thinking of, I'm taken!

I wouldn't dare tell my missus though as she'd never let me go out again!

Should've sent her my way! I was in the cloakroom queue with a girl on Friday night about to leave to go for drinks at mine when her friend appeared out of nowhere and cockblocked me.

------------

Hai. So, my girlfriend of 6 and a half years and who I was going to ask to marry me when we were in Vegas for new year has left me. Heart broken. Give me some love N-E.

It ended on quite bad terms. She said she had fallen out of love with me. She loves me but not like that anymore..... AND she said she had been cheating on me for the past few months with someone we know and has feelings for him and wants to be with him. What a shitter eh?

Completely out of the blue too. We had been pretty happy over the past 6 and half years and even right up until she broke it off I thought we were fine and was planning shit for her birthday in 2 weeks. She was obviously putting up a good front. None of my friends thought anything was wrong either. I picked her up from work 2 fridays ago and got the "we need to talk" line. I feel absolutely devastated.

Fuck women. She was the one, we were to be married and it still all goes wrong. Can't be arsed anymore.

Sorry to hear that buddy. I know its tough to think of any positives right now, but it's a good thing that it happened and not a few years down the line after you were married/engaged/had kids or whatever.

Take some time to recover, go and see your family and try and have some fun over Christmas!

That sounds really crappy Platty, i'm so sorry. I know exactly how you must be feeling as a similar thing happened to me earlier this year, also around 7 years together and get the 'we need to talk' speech. There's nothing anyone can say to make you feel better right now, just know that time will make it better, you will get over it, you will meet someone else and you will look back at those 6 and a half years as a chapter in your life that contributed to who you are today and made you stronger and wiser where relationships are concerned. Trust me, i know. Mine ended earlier this year, maybe not as hurtful as yours as i wasn't planning a wedding or even thinking about doing so, but here we are today, i'm with someone else and feeling pretty damn happy. They say it takes a month for every year you were together to truly be okay, and although i dont believe in any of that, it was pretty much 7 months after my break up that i met my current gf. Weird.

Besides, you're awesome :awesome:

Thanks for all the kind words and advice good people of N-E.

This website has been part of my life for like 11-12 years under it's different names, longer than any girlfriend. I love you all. :)

I rarely come into this thread, so this may be late, but... I echo the thoughts of everyone. Ending a relationship is never easy, but when the other half shows that kind of disrespect...

Stay strong, there are plenty of decent, better women out there. Keep your chin up.

@Platty, gutted for you, dude. But, if she treated you that way, then you deserve loads better.

I will ring Patrice Evra and give him your number. He will appreciate you the way a real man should be appreciated. ;)

That sucks, sorry to hear Platty. Although if she didn't treat you with respect, then it wasn't worth it! You deserve better.

I've not long been out of a relationship myself, but that's a story for another day...

Wow, Platty, I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. Nobody deserves to be treated like that and after doing so much for her as well and the way she handled it was shitty! As Charlie said, try and have some fun over Christmas. It's a shame you couldn't go to Vegas with your mates and make a lads' holiday out of it or something.

But yeah, we're all here for you! N-E bro hugs!

Completely in love with someone, who has a girlfriend. What a crap situation.

We're complete soul mates and I've always harboured these kind of feelings. But honestly I've been ok about it, because we've only ever had an online relationship, and I do value his friendship. We've been through pretty much everything together in the last 10 years. He knows more about me than anyone else, and I the same about him. He's got a bit of a compulsion to rush into relationships that crash and burn, and I think the one he's in is going the same way... However I don't feel that it's right that I just sit and wait til he's single! Why should I put myself through that?

And why would you wish a breakup on them? Love is anything but a selfish thing, if you really did care, you'd know the right thing to do is just to be there for him. As much as you'd like to be with him, do you really want to be that person that breaks a couple up? And if you did, would you ever really trust he wouldn't do the same to you?

I'm kind of getting the impression that you seem to have a lot of romantic & sexual energy at the moment that's going unspent, and it's ended up attaching itself to some of the people around you regardless of whether or not they are suitable/available/prospective partners. I think maybe you might do yourself a favour by making solid efforts towards dating/online dating and start finding & vetting new people for The Human Mating Ritual without putting existing friendships at risk. At the very least you can move some attention away from unrequited love and maybe you might find crushes you can actually act on without anybody's manic-depressive girlfriend running in with a knife.

Unless you really need that sort of drama of course... :heh:

Edited by gaggle64

Someone actually messaged me on OKCupid today. And not only did she reply to my response, but we seemed to have a decent conversation.

And why would you wish a breakup on them? Love is anything but a selfish thing, if you really did care, you'd know the right thing to do is just to be there for him. As much as you'd like to be with him, do you really want to be that person that breaks a couple up? And if you did, would you ever really trust he wouldn't do the same to you?

Oh yeah totally.. I would never do that to anyone, that's why I've never acted on my feelings. I'm always going to be there for him, but it is hard for me that he does depend on me so much for emotional support.

I'm kind of getting the impression that you seem to have a lot of romantic & sexual energy at the moment that's going unspent, and it's ended up attaching itself to some of the people around you regardless of whether or not they are suitable/available/prospective partners. I think maybe you might do yourself a favour by making solid efforts towards dating/online dating and start finding & vetting new people for The Human Mating Ritual without putting existing friendships at risk. At the very least you can move some attention away from unrequited love and maybe you might find crushes you can actually act on without anybody's manic-depressive girlfriend running in with a knife.

Unless you really need that sort of drama of course... :heh:

There is an element of truth to that but this is not the first time we've been in this position, it's been an ongoing saga since we first talked... O And this is not nostrings, it's a completely different person, his girlfriend is actually quite sane lol. Nostrings got kicked to the kerb ages ago :P it's not unrequited love persay, just always bad timing. He goes on self destruct mode after a breakup and I won't hear from him until he's got with some other girl xD

Edited by Raining_again
Automerged Doublepost

Just dropped my fiancé off at the airport / cry at the airport episode III! Except this time I didn't cry in the bathrooms because I couldn't find them~

We assumed that it would get easier (this is the third episode after all), but it seems to be getting harder. Man, why am I still here? I'm bound by logistics (rent, accounts, Visa) and the fact that I want to be promoted to a consultant at work - min. 18 months. But sometimes it's just like...fuck being a consultant, why are we torturing ourselves? At least I signed up on a few US job sites to start scoping out jobs over there.

IMG_0201.jpg

@Platty, sorry to hear about that. Think the last girlfriend i had did the same, that was 4 years ago. But it's gutting all the same, we're here for you.

@Cube. People respond, a rare occurance. Hopefully something comes from that.

And as for myself, nothing in the way of females. I'll keep you updated.

One problem I've learnt about myself today: If someone does contact me/reply, I'm instantly suspicious of them.

One problem I've learnt about myself today: If someone does contact me/reply, I'm instantly suspicious of them.

Does this make you suspicious?

Completely in love with someone, who has a girlfriend. What a crap situation.

We're complete soul mates and I've always harboured these kind of feelings. But honestly I've been ok about it, because we've only ever had an online relationship, and I do value his friendship. We've been through pretty much everything together in the last 10 years. He knows more about me than anyone else, and I the same about him. He's got a bit of a compulsion to rush into relationships that crash and burn, and I think the one he's in is going the same way... However I don't feel that it's right that I just sit and wait til he's single! Why should I put myself through that?

So..... he had a complete meltdown and admitted that he has feelings for me (I personally thought it was all just a bit of harmless flirting from his side) and he's went on a bender and thinks he's destroyed our friendship despite me telling him the opposite. Was kinda moving on from the above, getting over it, letting wounds heal and he just jumps in and rips it right open again.

Would've been fine if he hadnt said anything!!!! :blank: