NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

I have such an ugly smile, my overbite is getting better but I still just feel uncomfortable smiling... even though I have awesome dimples lol

Serebii, if you're after someone who likes geeky people then shouldn't your profile be geeky?

I dunno, me being geeky could deter various people. I mean, yes I want a geeky mate, but I have the ability to turn anybody geeky. One of my best friends wasn't really geeky until he met me...now he makes quantum physics jokes, does geeky stuff and everything

I wouldn't use the tardis picture.

You need a photo where you aren't doing a strange pose/ staring intensely/ SMILE!

Take one of yourself.

Yeah your poses make you look like you're trying too hard (and kinda mental). Try get a shot where you're smiling at something while a photo was coincidentally snapped of you. None of this weird trying to look interesting by pulling a funny face.

Cube my thoughts when I saw your picture was that maybe there could be a bit more emotion in your facial expression, maybe connect with the camera or if not appear to be connecting with something else (face looks like it's drawing a bit of a blank). I'll also say you'd probably be best ditching the formal attire, it doesn't make you look fun.

Disliking your smile is a retarded thing to do. It's understandable, perhaps, because of whatever connotations it brings YOU - and that generally speaking you're not smiling to yourself when you SEE yourself, so teh smiley face is all alien-looking to you...

But! Think about how you are with other people. You smile = they know you are in a good mood, they know you're happy, and that extends to them feeling validated in how THEY are -- they see that you are satisfied with their behavior. In summary; a smile puts the other person at ease.

A crazy stare means "I'm a bit ON EDGE!" and I'm not sure if honesty will help your situation @Serebii.

@Cube your 'second smile' photo (at hyde park) is great. It's a good smile! Don't be ashamed of it.

I'm just posting to join the 'I hate my smile' club. I've tried making the effort to smile in photos lately though and I'm not totally hating the results, so it probably is more a self-conscious thing. I also had braces when growing up...

Smiling is a naturally attractive act, unless you truly are a beast, but still...happiness is nice to see.

I always smile with my mouth closed in photos, unless its a 'funny smile' picture. It's nicer that way.

If rappers can smile with those god-awful grills then no one here is allowed to be self-conscious :p Are there many people you wish would stop smiling? + what Jay said.

I actually like my smile when I pull it off properly. Most of the time I find I end up either over- or underdoing it, though.

Disliking your smile is a retarded thing to do. It's understandable' date=' perhaps, because of whatever connotations it brings YOU - and that generally speaking you're not smiling to yourself when you SEE yourself, so teh smiley face is all alien-looking to you...

But! Think about how you are with other people. You smile = they know you are in a good mood, they know you're happy, and that extends to them feeling validated in how THEY are -- they see that you are satisfied with their behavior. In summary; a smile puts the other person at ease.

A crazy stare means "I'm a bit ON EDGE!" and I'm not sure if honesty will help your situation @Serebii.

@Cube your 'second smile' photo (at hyde park) is great. It's a good smile! Don't be ashamed of it.[/quote']

That's my usual look...not my crazy stare :(

Well, there's either this kind of smile

575624_10151889473370581_1722086543_n.jpg

Or this kind of smile:

473868_260361930739568_112494068_o.jpg

I think a non-smile photo is better.

(Although I would get a ton of messages if I used the first picture)

You look great in both of those photos mate. Especially the 2nd one my first impression is that it looks like you're having a great time out in the sun with your mates.

Yeah, that second photo is very natural/not forced. It says more about the real you and looks more genuine. First photo looks pretty good, too.

427205_3966393432748_1965382632_n.jpg

We're engaged :)Except I apparently have an abnormally small finger, so the ring has to be resized...

/blatantly unrelated to current discussions

/but wait...

My instinctive smile is kind of awful too, makes my face look fat. PRACTISE! All you need is a mirror :) Also will everyone just have FUN with this dating site malarkey! Good luck!

Congrats Eddie!

Doesn't your boyfriend (sorry, fiancé) live in America? Is one of you going to move?

Congrats Eddie!

I think the way you're crossing your arms Cube is the only thing dragging that photo down (apart from Peeps), it is a bit hindering in a sense that you look closed off and not relaxed. Not sure if it just me that thinks that though, otherwise I'd message you ;)

'Grats, Eddie! :D It's happened rather quickly, hasn't it?

I think the way you're crossing your arms Cube is the only thing dragging that photo down (apart from Peeps), it is a bit hindering in a sense that you look closed off and not relaxed. Not sure if it just me that thinks that though, otherwise I'd message you ;)

In theory, yeah, but I don't think he looks particularly closed in this picture, especially with the smile.

If you want to be on the safe side, though, just crop it.

It's a big photo though, @Cube could just crop it from the top of the folded arms and then round.

That solves the The Peeps issue too.

Na, think I'm just going to photoshop a photo so it looks like I'm smiling

Thank you everyone :)

Congrats Eddie!

Doesn't your boyfriend (sorry, fiancé) live in America? Is one of you going to move?

Yep, we've been challenged by that all along. Tbh I will probably move here, just need to work for long enough in my new job in Dublin to be able to put it on my CV and save some money!

Btw Dallas is really nice so far...everyone is really polite and wait staff are forced to be super perky :D The weather is MUCH more tolerable than the humidity and smog in Asia, too. So far I haven't met any rednecks/gangsters/bible belt nutters/cowboys/gunmen yet :p But I also haven't been downtown yet...