NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

What do you put for a username on dating sites?

Not your real name but not anything corny either I guess!

I just met a girl from POF over the weekend. Was pretty awesome actually, she's really cool and just using a dating site because most of her friends are coupled up and no real chance to go out anynore for that kind of thing. Same as me really. I think Internet dating has changed a lot in that respect, whereas it used to have a reputation of being just for weirdos, it is much more commonplace now.

Going to see this girl again tomorrow so it's so far so good really :)

Not your real name but not anything corny either I guess!
Exactly; be nice if you could see some/they give you some examples first!

I can't think of anything that doesn't sound corny or geeky! *damn my inner self*

"Why are you called Retro"

"Umm well, it's from this Nintendo forum and... hello?..."

:p

Exactly; be nice if you could see some/they give you some examples first!

You can check out the profiles on OKCupid without joining, so just steal a name from there and add a 1 to it. :heh:

Here are some examples:

Tangerine_69

vajra5sattva

mysticsoul2000

jg1578

sexysportychick

disarm_the_cat

The bar is set pretty low!

This one's sort of funny from an N-E perspective:

Jordan_Daft

lol ok your right, the bar is pretty low! :p

How did you view without joining? Isn't the sign up the only viewable option?

Edited by Retro_Link

I ended up choosing purplekaytee which isn't great but what I wanted to use was taken. Ah well, my favourite colour + my name isn't so bad. Seems to be attracting people so I guess I didn't do anything wrong.

At the very least, it's a great way to weed out anyone who doesn't like purple.

How did you view without joining? Isn't the sign up the only viewable option?

Click on 'About OKCupid' in the bottom right corner and then scroll all the way down and there'll be a bunch of 'Free Online Dating' options right at the bottom. Clicking on any of those (except the sexuality ones for some reason, but you don't want to date a lesbian anyway) brings up the search and you can browse to your heart's content from there.

Stalk your prey, Retro.

RagingBoner4U and 20InchesOfSolidSteel are always good options. For a woman, maybe CaveOfEternalPleasure or MiiLuvYuLongTyme?

lol :p

I wonder why some girls choose to put up photo's of what looks like them with a boyfriend. Strange.

Yeah, I think OkCupid's the best looking date site so far, and the people are also more nerdy-like there : D Sadly, not that many Finns. Although, I have to say I'm not a fan of the questions at all, too complex and simplifying at the same time! "Which you do prefer more, sex or love? What do you accept as an answer? How important is this question to you?" Well how should I know! Maybe I wanna put them both on the same line, but no, cannot do that! So what's next, asking how many eyelashes my ideal partner has? D:

(38 and a half, btw)

Anyway, online dating just feels a bit weird to me. I don't like the fact that you're dealing with just a virtual representation of someone...

Joined OK Cupid a couple of weeks ago and have gotten six messages, which was a surprise, since I expected to do all the "work." The only girl I actually think I've taken a liking to lives in San Francisco. Bummerrrrr.

I met a girl the old fashioned way on Friday night, by talking to her in a club! Turned out we have a friend in common who also put in a good word for me!

We were meant to be going out tonight but she asked to postpone it until next week because she ask busy at Uni (she's a final year vet student). She said in that text she was really keen to meet up so wasn't blowing me off.

so wasn't blowing me off.

Although you wish she was.

The Bard getting 6 messages already is a bit depressing.

Although you wish she was.

The Bard getting 6 messages already is a bit depressing.

Agreed. I've had none -_-

Agreed. I've had none -_-

How often do you log on? Most people sort profile views by most recently online, so if you haven't been online in a while then yours will be way down the list. Best to just leave it logged in while you're on the internet.

How often do you log on? Most people sort profile views by most recently online, so if you haven't been online in a while then yours will be way down the list. Best to just leave it logged in while you're on the internet.

Usually once a day

Who cares if you get none, you should be the one to send the messages!

1. We now live in an equal society, this is no longer the 18th century. Females should not sit awaiting guys messaging them. They should be proactive

2. I did and didn't get a response :(

Do guys prefer girls to send them messages, or do they like to be the first one to make contact? As i've just been getting messages, I haven't actually sent any myself yet as I don't know what to say.

Do guys prefer girls to send them messages, or do they like to be the first one to make contact? As i've just been getting messages, I haven't actually sent any myself yet as I don't know what to say.

I like it when girls message, but I try to message too.

My problem is that it tells the person if you visit their profile so I'm very aprehensive to do it unless I really wish to chat to them, as I don't want them to think bad things

My problem is that it tells the person if you visit their profile so I'm very aprehensive to do it unless I really wish to chat to them, as I don't want them to think bad things

You could set up a second, fake account to view their profile first.

Yeah it makes it a bit awkward when you just want to check out their profile, then they message you and you don't want to talk to them. You can make yourself anonymous on OkCupid but it means you can't see when people view your profile either so it depends on whether you care about views or not.

You could set up a second, fake account to view their profile first.

Not too creepy :p

Anyway, there seems to be more girls in the local area that meet my standards on Zoosk so I may give that more of a shot over OKCupid