NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

That site shows up nothing to me so I think you spelled it wrong.

I have a friend who works out a lot because he really has nothing else to do and I'm really super jealous because he went with us to a gay club and he got about 10 people hitting on him. I wish I looked like him but I don't have the motivation. So very jealous. I must do something.

That site shows up nothing to me so I think you spelled it wrong.

I have a friend who works out a lot because he really has nothing else to do and I'm really super jealous because he went with us to a gay club and he got about 10 people hitting on him. I wish I looked like him but I don't have the motivation. So very jealous. I must do something.

Unless you want just one-night stands, its not very helpful. I imagine at least 8 of those guys would drop him after one evening.

Well he's not gay, so he wouldn't get with any of them. But don't mind me. I had a few drinks and just thought I would spill my heart out. I'm getting money is like 2 weeks and I'm joining the gym and making more of a difference than last time.

Well he's not gay, so he wouldn't get with any of them. But don't mind me. I had a few drinks and just thought I would spill my heart out. I'm getting money is like 2 weeks and I'm joining the gym and making more of a difference than last time.

Ah! I don't mean to cause any upset Diageo, it just seems odd to want to be someone else just purely based on their looks. Whilst I'm sure he's a nice chap, it's not all about that.

Maybe I'm getting funny in my old age. :laughing:

Nah, it's fine. I get you. It's just, I wouldn't mind getting a little more attention. And while I have a girlfriend and he doesn't, I think I would feel better about myself if I was fitter.

I've never really been a fan of online dating. I created a profile once and then deleted it the same day as it just felt weird. I don't know, if people aren't really attracted to you in real life, why is it any different over the internet? Has anyone here ever found anyone through a dating site?

(This is going back a few pages but just wanted to share my opinion and see what other people thought) :)

I've never really been a fan of online dating. I created a profile once and then deleted it the same day as it just felt weird. I don't know, if people aren't really attracted to you in real life, why is it any different over the internet? Has anyone here ever found anyone through a dating site?

(This is going back a few pages but just wanted to share my opinion and see what other people thought) :)

This forum has two couples who met online... Fierce_LiNk and Eenuh who met on here, and Dan_Dare and Emma who met through a dating site.

I have used online dating before and I think it is a great way for people to put themselves out there.

It suits me because I don't drink - so therefore I don't like to frequent bars or clubs and I especially do not do the gay scene. Just not me.

So therefore I don't really have a chance to meet other gays ha :laughing:.

Dating sites have given me some good dates and I've met some nice people - some I'd rather never see again - and some absolute weirdos.

My best friend has just met her new boyfriend from POF and they are a seriously lovely couple. It's unlikely they would ever have met any other way as they have different interests that wouldn't ever really see them thrown together.

I am just waiting for someone to snap me up now... :( Haha

I am just waiting for someone to snap me up now... :( Haha

Waiting for Serebii to get desperate enough, you mean. ;)

I'm the same, I don't really go out to clubs or bars. If I do go out it's usually to the cinema which isn't exactly the best place to be sociable!

I do think sometimes maybe it's just me being too picky, even though i'd be a bit of a hypocrite as i'm not exactly perfect (looking) myself. I also have very little self esteem so it's hard for me to talk to people when I know in the end i'm just going to get let down.

What dating sites would anyone recommend? Preferably free. Or if anyone on here just wants to chat feel free to send me a message :p

I'm the same, I don't really go out to clubs or bars. If I do go out it's usually to the cinema which isn't exactly the best place to be sociable!

I do think sometimes maybe it's just me being too picky, even though i'd be a bit of a hypocrite as i'm not exactly perfect (looking) myself. I also have very little self esteem so it's hard for me to talk to people when I know in the end i'm just going to get let down.

What dating sites would anyone recommend? Preferably free. Or if anyone on here just wants to chat feel free to send me a message :p

I've been using OKCupid the last couple of weeks but it's not that great...very few people on it. Signed up for Zoosk earlier today because of that, waiting to see how that goes. Both free

I am the same as well! :)

I do not really go to clubs or bars. I have tried ,complete with amusing untoward dances, but my limbs do not allow me the dexterity I require and so I'll leave that area for other people to conquer.

My preferred setting is the cinema which fortunately I work in one, so free tickets. :D But it definitely isn't the best place to be sociable. It's usually a place of solace between me and the screen.

My self-esteem is pretty low and I also have social anxiety on top of that and for those reasons I find it hard to talk to new people or even recently I was invited to two separate birthday events that I declined as I was too nervous about the interactions between people there. I know it's "silly" but I still can't help it.

I'm always up for a chat though. :grin:

I met my boyfriend on OkCupid. I'd been on a few websites before then and this one is definitely the best. There was always loads of people on and joining all the time. The great thing about OkCupid is that it asks you questions about your interests/ morals/ habits etc and it then uses this to filter the sort of people you will get along with. If you don't like someone, you can also hide them so you don't see them in your searches in the future, which is also very handy.

I always found OkCupid a self esteem booster, it was nice to get home from work and read a message/messages from guys who are interested in you.

To be honest - all of this 'go over and talk to him/her' is very rare these days I think. Normally it takes a friend to talk to their friend or for them to approach them on your behalf ha.

Dating sites are definitely a good way to approach people you like the look of - or a good way to put yourself out there for people to approach you!

If I were you I'd get on plenty of fish - or join 2! There's no harm in joining both. Plus POF is free. :D

Kaytee, meet Serebii.

Serebii, meet Kaytee.

*Pushes them together*

NOW KISS.

*At the cinema*

Kaytee: Hi I'm Kaytee, nice to meet you!!

Cinema: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kaytee: :(

;)

Yeah bars and clubs can be difficult, I guess that can be dependent on your confidence too, i.e. how comfortable you feel striking up a conversation with a someone you don't know.

I've always struggled with my self confidence, but it's got to the stage now where I really do think I need to just try and look past it as it really can hold you back and for far too long if you let it. And often it's something you are telling yourself and not necessarily how others are thinking or percieve you. But when you have little confidence it's even hard to tell yourself that.

Might look into a dating site; I said I probably would when I had more time after my postgrad.

Edited by Retro_Link

Gone ahead and joined OkCupid. They really do ask you a lot of questions! No idea what to put in my profile though so that might be blank for a while. I'm hoping this may help my self esteem a bit, if not it'll just be nice to chat to some people on there and see what happens.

Kaytee, meet Serebii.

Serebii, meet Kaytee.

*Pushes them together*

NOW KISS.

Not this again :p

Not this again :p

Why go to the trouble of joining a dating site when you've got a catch (Pokémon reference) right here! ;)