NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

I do remember previous posts though where he did say his site was an issue as it took up too much time around game releases, and understandably that can be a barrier when you're new to a relationship.

Which is exactly why I've stopped looking/trying until July :) That way, should I end up in a relationship due to the polar shift and the end of the world, I'll be in it for at least a few months before I have to do it again

Edited by Serebii

The thing is, the stuff I listed is minor. The vast majority of it is me. I don't like delegating stuff to others. I prefer to do things myself.

The best leaders and entrepreneurs are great at delegating.

If there's a game of football going on, I'll come.

I can confirm that there definitely won't be a game of football where I definitely won't be managing one of the sides and the other team definitely won't be managed by another X11 manager. :)

---

Went straight from work last night to play tennis to meet the girl from a few nights ago.

Strolled into work this morning wearing exactly the same clothes as yesterday right down to my boxers which are now turned inside out. ;)

Things are going well with.

The best leaders and entrepreneurs are great at delegating.

The best of the best are so good that they don't need to ;)

The best of the best are so good that they don't need to ;)

Actually, the best of the best do delegate. Why become the best if you can't throw millions at a private island and live on it while grunts do your work for you?

By not delegating, I ensure that the quality of the site is the best

But that's assuming you're the best at graphic design (you're not), the best at coding (you're not), the best at publicity (you're not), the best at research (you're not), and more.

The reason why you're not? Partly because you're trying to do all the things at once, a jack of all trades. Partly because people that are amazing at these things tend to have worked solely in that field for a long time.

No offence intended Serebii, because I respect you, but you're coming across a bit arrogant.

Went straight from work last night to play tennis to meet the girl from a few nights ago.

Strolled into work this morning wearing exactly the same clothes as yesterday right down to my boxers which are now turned inside out. ;)

Things are going well with.

Wahey !: peace:

But that's assuming you're the best at graphic design (you're not), the best at coding (you're not), the best at publicity (you're not), the best at research (you're not), and more.

The reason why you're not? Partly because you're trying to do all the things at once, a jack of all trades. Partly because people that are amazing at these things tend to have worked solely in that field for a long time.

No offence intended Serebii, because I respect you, but you're coming across a bit arrogant.

Of course I'm arrogant :P

I am the best at research though. Nobody else can get that much about the games in the time I manage it. Graphic design I'll give you. Coding, I will not. While the site does seem like it has a poorly coded frontend (amalgam of 12 years of coding knowledge), I assure you that the backend is incredibly complex. Publicity though, I'm not sure what you mean.

I am the best at research though. Nobody else can get that much about the games in the time I manage it. Graphic design I'll give you. Coding, I will not. While the site does seem like it has a poorly coded frontend (amalgam of 12 years of coding knowledge), I assure you that the backend is incredibly complex. Publicity though, I'm not sure what you mean.

Not meaning any offence but I can assure you with 100% certainty that your coding is not up to scratch for modern standards.

-You have a splash page

-There are no permalinks for news articles meaning they can't be picked up by search engines for new articles or old articles which drop off pages.

-The menu system is overly complicated

-There are no H1 tags. Title tags don't match the page name. (i.e. poor SEO)

-CSS/HTML isn't valid

Again, I'm not trying to say that you aren't good at coding but I think the point that myself and a few others is trying to make is that you shouldn't assume you are the best and that sometimes its OK to get some help.

Not meaning any offence but I can assure you with 100% certainty that your coding is not up to scratch for modern standards.

-You have a splash page

-There are no permalinks for news articles meaning they can't be picked up by search engines for new articles or old articles which drop off pages.

-The menu system is overly complicated

-There are no H1 tags. Title tags don't match the page name. (i.e. poor SEO)

-CSS/HTML isn't valid

Again, I'm not trying to say that you aren't good at coding but I think the point that myself and a few others is trying to make is that you shouldn't assume you are the best and that sometimes its OK to get some help.

Again, amalgam of 12 years of coding knowledge plus laziness to fix them. If it's not broken, why bother fixing? Plus some of the things they complain aren't valid are actually valid and necessary for things to look exactly the same across all browsers

I don't see how the menu is complicated. It's necessary for this much content.

Again, amalgam of 12 years of coding knowledge plus laziness to fix them. If it's not broken, why bother fixing? Plus some of the things they complain aren't valid are actually valid and necessary for things to look exactly the same across all browsers

I don't see how the menu is complicated. It's necessary for this much content.

If it ain't broke don't fix it = no innovation and nothing getting better.

The first Facebook wasn't broken, so should we all go back to using that?

And I would personally say that your site is broken in terms of modern SEO standards.

I am the best at research though. Nobody else can get that much about the games in the time I manage it.

How exactly do you go about doing this research? I hate to break it to you, but most people can make friends in Japan and Google stuff on the Internet these days.

I think he means finding out the particulars of the mechanics of each game as soon as it comes out just by observation and playing incessantly. Pokemon games have enough small elements and metrics that they interact to create something fairly complex, if you're disposed to want to understand it.

I don't hang around primary school kids though, so I have no incentive to care :heh:

My thanks always run out when I need them the most.

If that is the case, then kudos to him. Pokemon certainly has more depth than I'll ever care to understand - all I do is level 'em up, replace the status attacks with the actual attacks and spam them to win. If Serebii's research really does entail hours of splashing and tail whipping, then he is a greater Pokemon Master than I will ever be.

Kudos to you, Serebii.

@The Bard has it in one. It's not just googling stuff and knowing Japanese...that's just the pre-release news. The game coverage is the core and is quite a lot of work

Just to clarify, I merely asked how much the site was worth.

I know, my post was mostly aimed at Retro. :) He seemed exceedingly keen on convincing Serebii to sell his site, which I was rather perplexed by.

I know, my post was mostly aimed at Retro. :) He seemed exceedingly keen on convincing Serebii to sell his site, which I was rather perplexed by.
For the reason Goron posted...
I do remember previous posts though where he did say his site was an issue as it took up too much time around game releases, and understandably that can be a barrier when you're new to a relationship.
If it's not the case that the site gets in the way then fine, and that's good.

I must have just read one too many contradictory posts over the last year... I don't know what's going on anymore.

Edited by Retro_Link

I think Retro knows that running a Pokémon website gets you all the ladies, so he's angling to buy it.

I almost think Serebii's love troubles deserve their own thread at this point, or we should just rename this one. :p

Aye, there are other lonely people here who need to be shouted at and told to get off their arses and do something about it.

Yeah, Cube. Get off your lazy butt and get yourself a girlfriend. :blank:

Or a boyfriend.

For the reason Goron posted...

If it's not the case that the site gets in the way then fine, and that's good.

I must have just read one too many contradictory posts over the last year... I don't know what's going on anymore.

I just found that the degree to which the site seemed a social hindrance for Serebii did not really match up with the vehemence with which you wanted him to sell it. :)

I hope this won't be frowned upon, but please help me out and take this extremely short survey! --> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3PXGTKJ

If you're not currently in a relationship, think of a past relationship when answering.

Look, I'm giving everyone a break from Serebii's troubles, doing N-E a fine service! :p So...please repay the favour ;) (jk, no offense to Serebii.)