NEurope
jayseven

Preferentiality.

Actually I eat Pizza Hut with a knife and fork. When I discovered this it was a bit of a revelation actually. Because its so hot. You can cut an epic piece off, blow and enjoy the delicious goodness at a controlled temperature. I promise you. Go to Pizza Hut, use knife and fork and discover the epicness.

People don't use a knife and fork when they go to Pizza Hut?

I seem to be the only one who uses a knife and fork at Pizza hut out of my group of friends. Goafer always used to give me grief for it!

I will always use a knife and fork at a pizza restaurant (like Pizza Hut) unless everyone else isn't. It's my default.

You can eat pizza (ACTUAL pizza, italian pizza, not Pizza Hut/westernised fast food pizza) easily with a knife and fork, and in fact it would be weirder/trickier to eat it with your hands.

Well...I'd say real pizza is one of the hardest things to eat with a knife and fork (crispy base, ala Prezzo).

God. Prezzo is so fucking fucking fucking nice.

Tre Gusti, extra mozzerella please squire.

I almost always use a knife and fork to eat pizza where ever I am.

But then I'm a freak. I pee sitting down. Don't tell me it's wrong. There aren't any benefits in standing up over sitting down and sitting down is a lot more comfortable and cleaner.

I seem to be the only one who uses a knife and fork at Pizza hut out of my group of friends. Goafer always used to give me grief for it!

Heh, I used to give my friend grief for it, then I tried it. Like I said it WAS TRUE-LY/TRUELY/TRULY a revelation.

I pee sitting down. Don't tell me it's wrong. There aren't any benefits in standing up over sitting down and sitting down is a lot more comfortable and cleaner.

Me too. Apart from in public. Then I pee at the urinals to catch a glimpse. Jokez.

No its funny actually, in public toilets I go in the cubicle, but I do it standing up. Don't want my skin near that thing.

Me too. Apart from in public. Then I pee at the urinals to catch a glimpse. Jokez.

No its funny actually, in public toilets I go in the cubicle, but I do it standing up. Don't want my skin near that thing.[/color]

I usually wipe it down with some bog roll.

I usually wipe it down with some bog roll.

Too much information.

Oh the seat...

I'm pretty open to anything and I certainly don't look down on anyones hobbies, because I have such varied and nerdy/passionate ones. I have things that I'm like "God...just wouldn't ever want to do that" (LARP) but then I understand the appeal, and its always fun to do Super Hero Shindigs.

Up until recently, I would've said: anime. For you. Anime other than Digimon, that is. Then you gave Death Note a try and all was forgiven.

It has annoyed me on many occasions that people, on these very forums, will mock anime/manga without ever giving it a try. Even if those same people love and defend video games and comic books.

I've seen people say

"omfg, how can you say comic books are for kids? They are not. They are legitimate literature by prolific writers detailed through a more visual medium which often explores some of the lesser touched but significant issues in our world."

And then turn around and say "LOL, ANIME? THAT IS FOR KIDS LOL, children with HUEG EYES in HUGE ROBOTZ. And they just power up and shout RARRR for ninety-four episodes. Ghey."

13-are-you-serious-face.jpg

I hear ya. I got upto volume 7 of Death Note, and I guess the first portion/arc is over. I think its a little over rated and not MASSIVELY enjoyable, but ABSOLUTELY worth it and I think the mythos is fantastic. Really want to watch the show now.

(Am continuing to read).

And love Digimon (lol). Also love the characters and evolution type style of Dragonball Z.

Generally speaking, I've found that I (and assumably many other people) are automatically attracted/find stimulating when CHARACTERS evolve in some way in shows. Examples;

- Pokemon/Digimon, evolve, digivolve, DNA digivolve.

- Dragonball Z, SS, SS2, SS3, Fusion etc

- Power Rangers, Green Ranger, becomes White, gets upgrade to Zord, new Megazord layout etc

- Bleach, new swords, new powers etc.

Its interesting.

I have no issue with Anime/Manga at all but I can't stand seeing people with obviously amazing art skills waste it away by drawing identical anime-style girls. It's such an impersonal style. I find the popularity of imitating styles really mind-boggling.

Edited by Hamishmash

Oh and I also try and see a bit of good in everyone I meet, even if I don't like them. I try not to judge them. If they were angry at me they may have been having a bad day something that you don't know about could have happened. Even if it's for a silly reason like I've got frustrated before because I couldn't send my Skitty across from one DS to another. :p

This is actually a thing I try to pride myself on doing; always try to see things from other people's angles. Why do they think and act this way? What is their motivation? It helps you understand both others and yourself, because it forces you to evaluate not only how they view the world, but also how you view the world.

Well...I'd say real pizza is one of the hardest things to eat with a knife and fork (crispy base, ala Prezzo).

God. Prezzo is so fucking fucking fucking nice.

Tre Gusti, extra mozzerella please squire.

Prezzo is great, especially the chilli oil!

Really, jay? I didn't think of you as this kinda guy! I'm much more along Daft's and Coolness's lines, but I won't deny it's impossible for me to stay COMPLETELY open minded, ALL of the time. Sometimes time just doesn't warrant it, but often I take an open mind approach to pretty much everything. F1, I tried a few times but don't get on with, I'd prefer to spend that time on something else.

I'm personally quite anti-religion(well, I'm not sure, but I tell myself I am), however I haven't been to any religious places/of worship lately, I probably should sometime. I don't agree with organised religion, but begrudge nobody for having it unless they aren't respecting the fact that I don't believe in it, just as I respect their right to believe.

Oooh, and one thing that really irritates me is when you introduce a friend to something they'd previously dismissed. Then when you meet them later they also love it, but act like you don't know anything about it and need informing. For example a conversation in the pub between two of my friends once went along the lines of:

"I love Muse, do you have any of their albums"

"Yeah of course, Orgins of Symmetry was one of the first albums I bought"

"Really? I didn't think you were that into them"

"I let you borrow that album when I invited you along to see them with me but you didn't know any of their songs"

"Which gig was that? Were you there?"

"Grrrraaagh!"

So true. Highlights the whole point well though.

Ended up going to Pizza Hut tonight, damn this thread!

Annoying there though now that theyve gotten rid of the medium pizza! Its either now too small or too big!

I think I'm pretty open minded and give everything a fair chance. Tastes are so easily manipulated. There's a science behind it, and if you know it enough, you can make yourself like or dislike anything.

So really, I don't see how you could not understand how someone can like something. Their brain just happened to associated different emotions with different things.

Sorry to burst your geek bubble, but that quote (or a version thereof) is generally attributed to Voltaire: "I might not agree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."

It's a great quote in either case. :)

It is a great quote, but did Voltaire ever actually say this! :heh:

I hear ya. I got upto volume 7 of Death Note, and I guess the first portion/arc is over. I think its a little over rated and not MASSIVELY enjoyable, but ABSOLUTELY worth it and I think the mythos is fantastic. Really want to watch the show now.

(Am continuing to read).

And love Digimon (lol). Also love the characters and evolution type style of Dragonball Z.

Generally speaking, I've found that I (and assumably many other people) are automatically attracted/find stimulating when CHARACTERS evolve in some way in shows. Examples;

- Pokemon/Digimon, evolve, digivolve, DNA digivolve.

- Dragonball Z, SS, SS2, SS3, Fusion etc

- Power Rangers, Green Ranger, becomes White, gets upgrade to Zord, new Megazord layout etc

- Bleach, new swords, new powers etc.

Its interesting.

Watch the show, your views will change!

Also, I get what you mean about the characters changing thing, I like seeing that as well.

The only time I eat Pizza with a knife and fork is at work because it's cooked so long it's more like a biscuit. Any other time is sacrilege, bollocks to your open minded topic. Pizza belongs in the hand of the devourer!

It is a great quote, but did Voltaire ever actually say this! :heh:

Note that I said "generally attributed to". ;) I'm fully aware he may never actually have said it. :heh:

I actually really can't stand Anime. I've tried, I really have. I just don't like it at all. I find the characterisation annoying and childish, I find the art annoying, the stories boring and just...yeah. No.

I dig the films, though. Akira, Ghost in the Shell, studio ghilbi stuff...It's great. I just can't deal with the Japanese TV stuff.

If you like the films and hate the TV series, you must be watching the wrong TV series!

Evangelion, Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Hellsing, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Suzumiya Haruhi, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell SAC - they're all way up there with the movies you mentioned.

The only time I eat Pizza with a knife and fork is at work because it's cooked so long it's more like a biscuit. Any other time is sacrilege, bollocks to your open minded topic. Pizza belongs in the hand of the devourer!

Totally, I always thought eating pizza with a knife and fork rather pretentious.