NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

sweet is this confirmed for Europe so, I'll have to give my local store a ring to change my preorder to the bundle if so. I've been waiting for a 4th Wiimote and want that gold one :D

Though as others have mentioned why no accompany gold nunchuck?

Might have to give Modern Warfare a delayed purchase though....

miraelpack_254900.jpg

Yes!

Now the wait begins for ShopTo adding the listing to their site... unless this is a Game exclusive, in which case I'll reluctantly buy it there instead.

So this is what...2 months away? I'm still completely Spoiler Free and actually you know what....it's really nice! Gonna get this game in proper fresh game glory methinks! Gonna need some spoilers on retailers offering first pre-orders, though ;)

It's quite surprising how few spoilers have been released so far. By this time before Twilight Princess we new most of what the game was about.

It'll be quite easy staying totally spoiler free for the next two months as well :)

Do we expect this Collectors Edition to be £39.99?

I'd probably rather have/play it with one of these newer Motion+ controllers, than the attachment that came with Wii Sports Resort.

Not totally sure about getting a Gold one though... bit annoying.

Do we expect this Collectors Edition to be £39.99?

I'd probably rather have/play it with one of these newer Motion+ controllers, than the attachment that came with Wii Sports Resort.

Not totally sure about getting a Gold one though... bit annoying.

It'll probably be £49.99 for the Collectors Edition, much in the same way that the red CCPro bundle for Xenoblade was. May even be slightly higher because it's a Wiimote Plus. Shouldn't be too longer before we find out anyway.

I, myself, will probably plonk for the bundle. Although it should be noted at all copies of the game are apparently coming with the orchestrated CD, so no one is losing out there.

Must say, I'm not really a fan of the box art myself, rather slightly disappointed. Yes, it's in keeping with the gold theme of previous ones but I think some better thought could have gone into it, even ditching the gold background for something more in keeping with the artwork/watercolouring art style. ::shrug:

My main issue with this now, though, is how it'll stack up not with previous Zelda games but with Xenoblade. Even though they are different genres, which I'm well aware of, they will be competing in terms of the overall experience that they offer and the big question is whether SS can provide an experience on par with/exceeding Xenoblade because the bar has been set very high and I just hope that this can vault it.

It's quite surprising how few spoilers have been released so far. By this time before Twilight Princess we new most of what the game was about.

It'll be quite easy staying totally spoiler free for the next two months as well :)

Depends what you consider spoilers.

Your avatar totally spoiled something for me... for example.

I'll probably never play the CD unless there's some stand-out amazing tracks on it, and I think gold controllers are fugly as hell, but it might be the cheapest way to get a Motion+ remote along with the game so I'm officially interested.

Depends what you consider spoilers.

Your avatar totally spoiled something for me... for example.

Yep... had to just accept that one.

Though it did then allow me to then watch bits of the E3 trailer, out the corner of my eye, ready to look away again.

I'll probably never play the CD unless there's some stand-out amazing tracks on it, and I think gold controllers are fugly as hell, but it might be the cheapest way to get a Motion+ remote along with the game so I'm officially interested.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking really.

I was quite excited for the OOT 3D CD, until I got it and realised that there was only 1 song (the ending) on there I'd ever listen to! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Oops sorry guys, I didn't really think about that. Will remove it now

Oops sorry guys, I didn't really think about that. Will remove it now
Don't worry about it, we've all seen it by now.

Woot, indeed! This may be the first time I spend 60€ on a game in years.

This looks pretty rotten:

smy.jpg

My main issue with this now, though, is how it'll stack up not with previous Zelda games but with Xenoblade. Even though they are different genres, which I'm well aware of, they will be competing in terms of the overall experience that they offer and the big question is whether SS can provide an experience on par with/exceeding Xenoblade because the bar has been set very high and I just hope that this can vault it.

I've been thinking pretty much the same thing. Last night I reached the Bionis Leg in Xenoblade and as I was taking it in I was thinking to myself that Hyrule field really has no excuse but to be a thing of beauty in Skyward Sword.

When I played Twilight Princess (on the Wii) I remember feeling proud of it in a weird way, because it really showed off what could be done with the humble little Gamecube. I expect Skyward Sword will do the same for the Wii. I just hope Zelda on Wii U isn't the swansong title for that console too.

Me? No no, I game with a jacketless Wii remote with motionplus plugged in it. I know there are people out there that use the jackets though... :shakehead

It's a shame about the fugly, curvy "with motion plus inside" text on it

Just placed my pre-order with Zavvi online.

V10 commented on the News page that you can get it for £46 if you use the voucher code FOURQUID40 so credit to him. They don't charge until dispatch so if I see it cheaper elsewhere I'll change shops :) I need a Motion Plus anyway as I dont have any. Cheapest price is £15 so the bundle is a real bargain.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/nintendo-wii/legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-limited-edition-bundle/10475252.html

Is it a bargain? Solo Game (£29.99) + Where ever you found that MotionPlus (£15) = £45.

Is it a bargain? Solo Game (£29.99) + Where ever you found that MotionPlus (£15) = £45.

The bundle comes with a Wiimote Plus which is £25-£30 on its own while just a Motion Plus adapter is £15 :)

Cheapest for the game I've seen is £32 also.

I would put my pre-order now, but for Zelda it has to be GAME.co.uk or shopto, I need my Zelda 1-2 days before release :heh: