NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Other M was amazing. It was like Metroid Fusion 3D*.

*3D as in what 3D used to mean in terms of gaming, not the new meaning.

I thought the story in Other M was complete shit... didn't make sense and I don't think it fit the character of Samus at all.

The gameplay was pretty good though.

Have to agree that the half the bosses and a lot of the dungeon designs themselves (1, 2, 5, 6) are pretty forgettable. It was also annoying having to wait so long between storyline cutscenes, the pacing seemed a bit lazy, but nowhere near as bad as Twilight Princess.

Flink, can you please stop trying to associate that piece of crap Other M with this sublime gaming experience?!

Dude, you're just pissed because they didn't make Samus out to be this emotionless, bland, lonesome warrior, the female equivalent of Conan the Barbarian. :heh:

I don't really see why people have such a problem with the portrayal. It's obvious that there's a person under that suit who has seen a lot of crazy things...particularly her encounters with Ridley, Mother Brain, seeing the baby metroid born and then killed. It gave some more substance to the character.

Back to Skyward Sword, I probably won't play anymore until the weekend. Gonna be busy. I take it there's still quite a bit to do before the final encounter?

Dude, you're just pissed because they didn't make Samus out to be this emotionless, bland, lonesome warrior, the female equivalent of Conan the Barbarian. :heh:

It's not just that. It also doesn't help that the game wasn't that good.

Yeah so anyway, about that Zelda game that recently came out...

I actually disagree with you here, Fierce_LiNk. I thought the lead up with the ship flooding was done really poorly. I didn't find it intense, and felt it looked very 90s. It could have been done a lot better. With that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the boss fight. Even if the boss looked like a Spaghetti Muppet.

I liked how in true Zelda fashion the skies cleared up within seconds of Link defeating it!

Yeah so anyway, about that Zelda game that recently came out...

I actually disagree with you here, Fierce_LiNk. I thought the lead up with the ship flooding was done really poorly. I didn't find it intense, and felt it looked very 90s. It could have been done a lot better. With that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the boss fight. Even if the boss looked like a Spaghetti Muppet.

That's how I felt about it. It just felt so lazy. It didn't feel real and wasn't intense at all.

The tentacles come up and then suddenly the ship is in half - but you feel and see nothing. The water fills up to a certain point INSTANTLY and then stops, only to rise again next time you move up some steps. Maybe if the water had been slowly creeping up and there was a timer in place, it would've felt intense but it wasn't even a challenge. I think the whole sequence was really poorly done.

That part felt so silly after playing Uncharted 3 just a few weeks earlier. :indeed:

As out of place in the story as the boat chapters in Uncharted 3 were, they sure were intense and a lot of fun to play!

I've finished the first temple now, and while my impressions are good so far, I must say that they really implemented too much motion stuff...I would so much rather steer my bird and the beetle, as well as the key to the boss, with the nunchuck instead

I've finished the first temple now, and while my impressions are good so far, I must say that they really implemented too much motion stuff...I would so much rather steer my bird and the beetle, as well as the key to the boss, with the nunchuck instead

Yep, that's the general consensus. But to be fair, you do get used to it after a bit.

Yep, that's the general consensus. But to be fair, you do get used to it after a bit.

Well, not mine, I'm loving the controls so far. Sure, you need to get used to them, but they sure are fun.

Anyway, I've only done the first dungeon too, so opinion is subject to change and all that, but I'm liking this game much more than Twilight Princess. Let's see how it holds up to the others...

OK, so from this thread I've found out I'm currently in the 5th "dungeon".

I think this is my favourite place so far. The lead up to it has been enjoyable & a little quirky too. The water in the sand..oh and the mine track was fun! I really wish Nintendo would spend more time crafting these type of dungeons where it's actually an inside / human environment rather than nature. It just works. Another example is the dungeon that takes place in the snowy mountains in Twilight Princess. Definitely one of the highlights of that game. As mentioned earlier that shows how story helps (the love between the yeti & the woman...or was she a yeti?)

This ship is also the real first time that I've been amazed by the graphics. Looking out into the ocean is beautiful. It reminds me of infiltrated the female pirate base in Ocarina of Time. Which is wonderful. This game is getting better, although I'm not sure if it's the greatest Zelda.

I'm at the final boss. All I will say, for fear of spoiling things for others, is that this is the best Zelda since OoT. I have enjoyed this so much. Games like this are why I'm a proud gamer.

A women standing about two heads taller than Link, with pale brown skin, bare feet in a snowy montain, a dentition that can't be called "human" even by TP's deformed standards and by the name of Yeta? Being the wife of a Yeti named Yeto?

250pxyeta.png

Yes, she's a Yeti women alright. :p

I'm still powering through this. Have been busy with work, but am determined to finish it now.

I'm also still blocked from the spoiler through. :P

I've just collected the tadtones. The fight with Levias was pretty cool, it was nice to have a boss which seemed huge in the real world. However, Nintendo then ruined it by following it up with another Imprisoned battle.

I wish they could've done something else instead of that. Maybe that the Imprisoned would take on three completely forms each time. It just gets less and less dramatic. Seemed quite cool the first time around.

I'm still powering through this. Have been busy with work, but am determined to finish it now.

I'm also still blocked from the spoiler through. :P

I've just collected the tadtones. The fight with Levias was pretty cool, it was nice to have a boss which seemed huge in the real world. However, Nintendo then ruined it by following it up with another Imprisoned battle.

I wish they could've done something else instead of that. Maybe that the Imprisoned would take on three completely forms each time. It just gets less and less dramatic. Seemed quite cool the first time around.

Wow. This thread died a death. 100% agree with you there.

The Imprisoned battle was by far the worst part of this game. I actually let out a giant "for fucks sake" when "Grannie" said the seal was weakening again. The bombs don't really add anything to the fight other than the comical grunts coming from Groose (by far the best NPC in the game :D )

I think fighting it three times was pushing it. Twice would have been ok IMO. Actually I was expecting it to be part of the final battle but up in the clouds around Skyloft where it could fly properly and you'd have to battle it on your Loftwing.

I'm glad I'm not alone with that one.

It would've been nice to have something different in its place.

However, I would have to say that the Eldin Volcano part which followed pretty soon after was immense. Losing all of your weapons and finding them again was great. Good variation when you were sneaking around without a weapon. I enjoyed it very much. It's somewhat of a shame that there weren't other sections of this calibre during the game, because it really added another dimension to the gameplay.

Why are you putting whole posts in spoiler tags in this thread? Use the spoiler thread.

I'm glad I'm not alone with that one.

It would've been nice to have something different in its place.

However, I would have to say that the Eldin Volcano part which followed pretty soon after was immense. Losing all of your weapons and finding them again was great. Good variation when you were sneaking around without a weapon. I enjoyed it very much. It's somewhat of a shame that there weren't other sections of this calibre during the game, because it really added another dimension to the gameplay.

Totally agree. The Eldin bit near the end was a highlight of the game IMO.