NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

So I think i'm almost done with the story. Looks like i'll need to defeat one or two more bosses then it'll be finished. Put about over 40 hours into this game so far and still haven't got all the heart pieces and wepon upgrades and stuff. Most of the unclamed heart pieces are probably from mini-games.

For the rattle:

How the hell do you get it? I know where it is but every time I jump from the waterfall I always fall short, no matter how I handle the remote.

Go to the top, when you're running to jump hold the wii remote upright. This will become the default position when you jump. Then tilt it forward enough so that he goes far forward, but not enough for him to do a diving motion. Don't tilt until you can see that you are controlling the character, you don't want to change the default position. It takes a few tries, but if you get the right angle, you will make it easily, and can even go too far.

Just done the 4th dungeon, which was really good in its own right: quite complicated, but smooth-flowing enough if you follow the Zelda methodology.

But then the boss...

Oh man, the boss was sheer, utter genius. I don't say this lightly, but that's the best boss in any Zelda game, ever. Can't believe I'm saying this, but it just wouldn't have been as much fun with traditional controls. If Skyward Sword continues like this, I can see where all those 10/10 scores came from.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the game a lot more now. Though I still think they should tone down the motion controls for the Wii U game.

23 hours in, just got into the fourth dungeon, saved and exited. Only playing an hour or two at a time. From what I've heard ^^^, the 4th boss is good! :D

The new style Beamos and Armos are fantastic! And those flying things that shoot at you in the third dungeon? Great fun taking them down with your shield.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the game a lot more now. Though I still think they should tone down the motion controls for the Wii U game.

Yeah, that's going to be a real issue. Do they forget that the concept of the Wii U is a traditional controller with a screen? If so, would that be just for Zelda? And yes, I wouldn't mind all types of movement (flying, swimming etc) mapped to the analogue stick. Even if they do stick to motion controls, I think they should create a new controller, for three reasons:

1) Nunchuk needs a gyroscope for shield control.

2) AA batteries should be replaced with a rechargeable battery.

3) It would be an opportunity to make MotionPlus better, eg. even more accurate and with less need for re-centering. Not too important, but it would be welcome nontheless.

Basically, as much as I'm enjoying this, I'd rather not have to use the actual Wii controller for the Wii U.

Just finished the game OMG, that was epic

The puzzle of that final dungeon nearly wrecked my head and then the lead up to final battle....and after...the...omg...

EEEEPPPPPPIIIICCCCCC

*Unlocks Spoiler Thread*

To get the rattle

I used another members advice (Ike I believe), and that was to wait until Beedle was close by the nest, shoot his bell to make him stop, then you can just climb up and use the Beetle item to then get the rattle. Works a charm.

Also FINALLY figured out how to get into Zelda's room in the Academy

That bloody rogue grattitude crystal was annoying the fuck out of me. I thought I'd have to find a key or something.... who'd have thought the fraking chimey leads to a girls room

:heh:

She has a knitted Tingle doll in her room! Koola-Limpa.

The new Tingle game should be in a knitted style, Like Kirby's Epic Yarn. Make it so, Nintendo.

Also:

Do you get anything like a Heart Piece from it? Managed 38 but he only gives out items. Wondering if you need 42 (his record) to get an extra reward?)

Yeah, that's going to be a real issue. Do they forget that the concept of the Wii U is a traditional controller with a screen? If so, would that be just for Zelda? And yes, I wouldn't mind all types of movement (flying, swimming etc) mapped to the analogue stick. Even if they do stick to motion controls, I think they should create a new controller, for three reasons:

1) Nunchuk needs a gyroscope for shield control.

2) AA batteries should be replaced with a rechargeable battery.

3) It would be an opportunity to make MotionPlus better, eg. even more accurate and with less need for re-centering. Not too important, but it would be welcome nontheless.

Basically, as much as I'm enjoying this, I'd rather not have to use the actual Wii controller for the Wii U.

I can't understand why so much emphasis and chat is placed on motion controls. They're fine, they work well, conversely, no motion controls would also be fine. I'd rather Nintendo focus on creating an excellent Zelda game for the Wii U full stop than worrying about whether the shield/nunchunk needs gyro controls.

Ok so i've just beaten the 4th dungeon and on my way to the 5th...Just a thought that I've been pondering its not really a spoiler seem as I'm spoiler free and am merely guessing but I can't help but feel something about...

Does he maybe somehow become Ganondorf?! When I first met him I couldn't help but notice the similarities in the way he looks? Also when we met the old lady for the second time she told him he had a part to play in all of this. Does he maybe get possessed or something as the master that's been spoken about gets resurrected?

@flameboy, I thought the exact same thing from the beginning of the game. And still do - I'm not as far in as you.

And to be honest, I'd rather not know.

@flameboy, I thought the exact same thing from the beginning of the game. And still do - I'm not as far in as you.

And to be honest, I'd rather not know.

Yeah well so far there really hasn't been anything that's outright hinted at it but I just get this vibe. I'm like you though...would rather not know and let it be an awesome surprise if and when it happens.

Does he maybe somehow become Ganondorf?! When I first met him I couldn't help but notice the similarities in the way he looks? Also when we met the old lady for the second time she told him he had a part to play in all of this. Does he maybe get possessed or something as the master that's been spoken about gets resurrected?

Like I'm actually going to be that cruel.

Here's how to avoid the game breaking bug, problem is to know about how to avoid it you have to read slight spoilers. :(

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-06-nintendo-details-game-breaking-zelda-skyward-sword-bug

After the sixth dungeon, do the third area you visited last.

interesting?

cause I did the "3rd location" 2nd in the order of doing that part...I went Water, Thunder, Fire.... that article suggests my game should have bugged, but it didn't.

Though I very nearly did that part 1st but decided to do water first as I thought it would be the simplist/quickest of the 3 :heh:

Maybe it only affects US discs?

No, the article just says that if you do Thunder first, and you haven't talked to Golo the Goron, the game bugs.

how does anyone not talk to golo before starting the song quest? he was in the room you use on your way to the sandsea, who resists talking to a lone goron npc before heading out?

as for the bug

damn i was planning on doing the thunderdragon bit first after a sheikah stone told me he had an absurdly powerful shield, but while on skyloft before it i got the quest to get sparrot a replacement glass ball and went fire dragon first, then thunder, then water

dodged a bullet there!

So I finally finished the game. Had trouble with the second phase of the last boss so I had to look that up. After I got the hang of it the battle was over pretty quickly. Off to the spoiler thread!

I can't understand why so much emphasis and chat is placed on motion controls. They're fine, they work well, conversely, no motion controls would also be fine. I'd rather Nintendo focus on creating an excellent Zelda game for the Wii U full stop than worrying about whether the shield/nunchunk needs gyro controls.

I agree, but I thought Aonuma implied they were sticking with motion controls. Just saying there's no reason to stick to the exact Wii remote + nunchuk, even if they do keep motion controls, that's all.

how does anyone not talk to golo before starting the song quest? he was in the room you use on your way to the sandsea, who resists talking to a lone goron npc before heading out?

as for the bug

damn i was planning on doing the thunderdragon bit first after a sheikah stone told me he had an absurdly powerful shield, but while on skyloft before it i got the quest to get sparrot a replacement glass ball and went fire dragon first, then thunder, then water

dodged a bullet there!

How does one get

This absurd shield? Because I've healed the Thunder Dragon but he gave me fuck all. Just asked if I wanted to do a boss runthrough, which I declined since Ghirahim is the most annoying boss ever. Must I go through this?

How does one get

This absurd shield? Because I've healed the Thunder Dragon but he gave me fuck all. Just asked if I wanted to do a boss runthrough, which I declined since Ghirahim is the most annoying boss ever. Must I go through this?

The simple answer is.

Yes.