NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

If what I caught from youtube commentors is right, than there is one single piece he actually composed and that's what playes during the "ink blotch" intro.

yea.. actually im not disapointed now the music has seemed to of gotten better! this game is awesome!

i think there was just one characters music in particular that made me just have disapointed feelings. his music sounds VERY similar to this track from windwaker

WOW staying completely spoiler free for this has meant I literally had no idea the game starts where it does or anything!

One thing whilst the game is gorgeous why do the character models have so many jaggies and the face look lifeless much like the DS iterations?

This game is Beautiful in every way , last time i was this happy was the first time i played galaxy,

The ultimate wii game :D

Edited by yesteryeargames

My pre-order for the regular edition failed to show up today from ShopTo. Pretty fecking annoyed about it to be honest. Is it the mail, or did ShopTo just not send it out early enough? I dunno, but the net result is I'm sitting here Zelda-less and pissed off. :angry:

I got mine from shopto on Thursday but my copy of Saints Row 3 that was sent at the same time hasnt turned up yet. Same for a few people on their forums aswell.

Gear menu, lower left.

Cheers, I hadn't unlocked at the time which is why I couldn't find it. Silly they make you wait till a certain point to be able to turn it off.

But at least it can turned off and totally off too (bar the hearts etc), Pro mode FTW

One thing whilst the game is gorgeous why do the character models have so many jaggies and the face look lifeless much like the DS iterations?

I have the same thing.

I tried tinkering with the TV, but couldn't get the jaggies to smoothen out a little.

But still, in motion it's a tad better.

Your eyes will get used to it.

What kind of set up are you using?

I'm using a component cable, I've noticed a little bit of jaggies but not as much as ye seem to be describing... that or I just haven't noticed anyway :heh:

Luckily mine turned up OK this morning. We'll put this one down to Royal Mail, and move on. :D

Just glad it's here. :)

What kind of set up are you using?

I'm using a component cable, I've noticed a little bit of jaggies but not as much as ye seem to be describing... that or I just haven't noticed anyway :heh:

Yup, I'm also using one of those fancy component cables with 5 colors which is supposed to enhance the Wii's visuals.

The faces are a tad on the 'pixelated-mess side' at times.....

Lol, i bought the component cables on purpose to take advantage of my HD TV but it seems it doesn't make too much difference, is that it?

I'm asking because i still don't have the game.

And how about the gameplay? i'm seeing too much controversial comments about it.

I'm using component cables! Can't fault the game as such just find this distracting. For example I can't make my mind up if the clouds texture used at the bottom of the screen is a beautiful canvas like effect, terrible looking or a cunning disguise to cover technical limitations.

Anyone with an HD set should turn any sharpening/upscaling off. This was clearly optimised for the 480p and is an intentionally soft pastel style. Attempts to artificially HD-ify it completely destroy the effect and only emphasise jaggies.

I find it odd that people have so quickly forgotten that the Wii is jaggy central. Stick Twilight Princess on again, or even Galaxy. Xenoblade is way worse than this - look at Shulk running in mid-distance or some of the larger structures. If anything after playing a load of Xeno Skyward Sword looks much smoother and easier on the eyes.

I've sadly only been able to play about an hour on this due to being hit with man flu. Luckly i've been able to play on the 3DS while in this state and Mario 3DS has been keeping me company. :D

Anyone have any idea how to calibrate the in game pointer sensitivity? It's driving me nuts...

There is no calibration option whatsoever. What's the problem anyway?

I am savouring every moment of this masterpiece, barely started the story ive had so much fun just exploring ,messing about slicing things up with the sword motion plus controls feels great ,

This game is the ultimate wii game, the use of the wii mote controls are genius.

Anyone else taking this game very slowly? :) Only played 2 hours since having the game on Wednesday. Absolutely adore the motion plus controls too.

There is no calibration option whatsoever. What's the problem anyway?

The problem is that the pointer sensitivity in the menus and while looking around is low, and I use high sensitivity, so it's driving me a bit loco. I find myself almost pointing at the celeing and the floor when trying to select something in the menu. It's extremely apparent when I press the home button while doing it, as I just notice the sudden bump in sensitivity when interacting with Wii's menu. I like high sensitivity.

If there isn't an option to increase or decrease sensitivity, it's just bad design. Let's not beat around the bush, the game is great, but this kind of stuff is just stupid. Why on earth would they not include a sensitivity option. oO

I have this since wednesday, but only was able to boot it up today!

Wow, how great Twilight princess was, this is the Zelda I had in mind when Wii was announced! Loving the animation! And though it's still a little... traditional in places, it's also a breath of fresh air for the franchise. Nice one! I'm smelling a personal favourite game of the year coming up!

And never thought Link to have quite such a dirty mind...

'...And it smells nice too'

It are always the quiet ones.

Just beat the first temple. Loving the game, the visuals, the music, the motion controls, I really am getting the swing of it (geddit).

A few bits on the first temple.

Almost got a little stuck in that main chamber, where it said about two switches, on being above, and one below, couldn't find the below one for a while, then found it.

Those eyeball things. Love 'em, and surely a call back to the eyeballs in Super Mario 64 that you ran around to kill. The first one I encountered, I thought of those in Mario and did the whole follow the sword in a circle thing and gave a chuckle when it worked.

The item you get is simply genius, love it, taking that little thing for a flight and taking out the Skulltulas by clipping the string.

Taking a break for the day now, taking lots of time with this.

Apologies if we shouldn't even be putting stuff in spoiler tags. I assume that since the game is out, we must be able to talk about it in some way like that. I don't want to venture into the other Zelda thread.

@Oxigen_Waste

In what situations are you have issues with IR controls?

Cause I don't think the game uses IR controls that much,especially things like using the sligshot, it is based on motion rather than pointing, like the archery in WiiSports Resort.

Things like in the Save menu at the statues or Fi's chat menu things or for when changing equipment like your sheild and bottles or your B item, you don't have to point exactly just gesture in the direction of what you want to choose. It's mainly handled by the motion+ rather than the pointer.

I think the only place where there is any real use of the pointer is in the gear menus

[MENTION=2641]I think the only place where there is any real use of the pointer is in the gear menus

Exactly. That and looking around. That's it.

It's still very stupid not to include an option that allows me to change this... it's way too slow for me. :hmm:

Actually, neither looking around or the gears menu uses the IR. Point away from the TV and try it - it will work the same.