NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Normal post been. No game. Did Shopto bundle orders arrive by van? If it doesn't turn up soon I'm going to the shops and buying a copy.

Mine has been "out for delivery" since 7:40 this morning. Why do I even bother having Amazon Prime?

Normal post been. No game. Did Shopto bundle orders arrive by van? If it doesn't turn up soon I'm going to the shops and buying a copy.

My copy from Shopto came by van this morning. It was the bundle version aswell. Hope that helps.

Not happy the Zelda bundle has a pink triangle on the spine of the box instead of a green one and a big green 12 slapped on the front. Is everyone's copy like this?

I have to go to work now so I won't be playing it until the weekend at the earliest.

I'm quite happy with myself, I finally got a copy of the game and I know next to nothing about the story/items etc. I usually use a guide or G-Faqs if I get stuck on a game but I have swore to myself not to do this and just keep pushing until I figure it out myself.

Not happy the Zelda bundle has a pink triangle on the spine of the box instead of a green one and a big green 12 slapped on the front. Is everyone's copy like this?

Yep, same here.

Copied the music onto the PC, had to rename it all.

Was surprised I got another Wiimote cover, I never use them and I already got 4 for free when Nintendo were scared and were giving them away.

I'm in the same boat, got massive amounts of work to do but can't concentrate on it for long because every time I hear a noise by the door I jump up like a meerkat.

Yes, the triangle has something to do with the languages on the game's case and in the manual. We normally have a lilac triangle and only German text on the game case and in the manual.

As for the 12 - welcome to the USK. These things are mandatory and have to be on every case here. They're just as large on DS cases btw. Just for comparison: Around 2006/7 their mark with the age rating was smaller than the PEGI-logo. After two cases of pupils going on a gun rampage in the last ten years with many killed on both cases (both played Counter Strike), there was a lot of political activism here against games. Probably the reason why the USK made these so large, that even the most blind and uninformed parents can't miss them anymore.

Was surprised I got another Wiimote cover, I never use them and I already got 4 for free when Nintendo were scared and were giving them away.

If you're using the golden Wiimote, it might be prudent to leave it on. The gold is unfortunately just varnish and I don't know how resistant it is against scratches. I don't want to find out either. :heh:

Interesting, have been wondering what those triangle colours meant! Usually green ones in Finland as well, with some exceptions...e.g. Black Ops seems to be yellow, Pokémon Black purple etc.

If you're using the golden Wiimote, it might be prudent to leave it on. The gold is unfortunately just varnish and I don't know how resistant it is against scratches. I don't want to find out either. :heh:

I was thinking along those lines. Mainly just keep the strap on* since it felt like it might slip. But it seems to have moulded to my gentle touch.

Plus it feels fucking stupid with the cover on.

*aahah, strapon.

Lucky bastards...and i still don't have the game. Hate UPS carrier ='<. Hate my Country. Loled, i know... i'm cry out loud, don't worry.

I hate motion controls. Probably doing something wrong but I hate motion controls anyway. I rage quited when I lost at the first boss.

As another ShopTo customer, I am also yet to take delivery of the Limited Edition despite being charged on Tuesday and it being dispatched on Wednesday.

The last game I ordered from there, Deus EX, never turned up and I had to request a replacement once the 3 weeks had passed... which arrived the day after they sent it. It's the postal service sending things awry and yet they only serve to damage my relationship with ShopTo even though it's out of their hands.

I don't really have time to play it anyway as have work to be doing. But the fact remains that I find myself distracted more by the annoyance that it hasn't arrived than I could be by it sitting on my desk in front of me waiting to be played.

Went down to my local GAME store and picked my copy up this morning. None of this pre-order malarky and waiting/wanting/hoping it'll show up.

Had some things to do so playing had to wait a little while but after a first play of about 2 hours I must say it looks gorgeous and sounds beautiful. It's given me that same feeling I got when I turned Wind Waker on for the first time. :bouncy:

Been playing it on and off and just reached the start of the first temple. The motion plus controles are taking a while to get used to for me.

Are you guys not calibrating the Wiimote correctly or something? I only ask because the motion controls seem absolutely sublime to me, I'm wondering how you lot are having problems with them... they're a treat!

Had a quick go while the baby took a nap. Loving it.

Got the sword and the motion controls seem great to me, working fine here. Although you do have to give it a proper swing sometimes, which is fine by me... all I need is a green tunic to wear while I play, haha.

Love the gold wiimote too... after I removed the silly condom that was on it :heh:

Only thing I'm not liking at the moment is the bloody HUD... I can't believe that ugly wiimote image made the final game (this shows how much I knew about the final game) I thought it was only for that E3 demo.

Is there any option for turning it off? I tried looking but can't find any "options" menu, which I thought was odd.

Oh and just on the topic of voice over. I thought the intro thing could have done with a sweet dramatic voice over. Would have been fine to just have that part with a VO.

Damn it. I missed the post and it was too big to fit through the door. Card says I can't pick it up for 72 hours, so won't get it till Monday which sucks.

I know I could just go and buy it today and send this one back, but I really can't be bothered. I picked up Mario today so I'll play that instead. It's not bothered me as much as I thought it would :cool:

And I have a day off on Monday which works out well.

Only thing I'm not liking at the moment is the bloody HUD... I can't believe that ugly wiimote image made the final game (this shows how much I knew about the final game) I thought it was only for that E3 demo.

Is there any option for turning it off? I tried looking but can't find any "options" menu, which I thought was odd.

Gear menu, lower left.

Are you guys not calibrating the Wiimote correctly or something? I only ask because the motion controls seem absolutely sublime to me, I'm wondering how you lot are having problems with them... they're a treat!

I don't like motion control in general.

Well, Shopto have failed by the looks of it. Gave up and went to the shops and bought the regular edition until the bundle shows up. They've got 1 hour and 10 minutes to show up or I'm getting £3.

Edit: It eventually arrived...

Edited by Ike

Is there anyway to make z targetting toggle based? Not a fan of holding it, but I see very little options for anything in this game except turning off my HUD

after my pre ordered failiure i went and picked it up at asda earlier (was cheaper than the other shops)

damn good to be playing zelda again! im in a bit of a dilemma though as i have FUCK loads of work to do.. but zelda seems to need legnthy gaming sessions. ive been playing for about 4 or 5 hours and ive only just got beneath the clouds..

also i think im the only one but im a little disapointed in the music

spoilers????

none of its composed by koji kondo and my ears can tell.

none of its composed by koji kondo and my ears can tell.

If what I caught from youtube commentors is right, than there is one single piece he actually composed and that's what playes during the "ink blotch" intro.

My pre-order for the regular edition failed to show up today from ShopTo. Pretty fecking annoyed about it to be honest. Is it the mail, or did ShopTo just not send it out early enough? I dunno, but the net result is I'm sitting here Zelda-less and pissed off. :angry: