NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Took me a while to get the hang of this too. Shake the wii remote "up" seems to work best for flapping. I find it best to get pretty high then dive bomb at the lead bird using A when close enough and then keep tapping A to "grab" the prize. Hope this helps.

I'm a dab hand at the flying now. It's all very Mario Galaxy.

I can't fly up. I point up, or shake up and nothing happens. I can fly down, I can dive, but I can't seem to fly up, something weird's going on. The only way I can fly up is if I dive down, which automatically means he'll fly up a bit after. Also if I attack, but those are limited... When I'm neutral/normal, I just cannot fly up, plus the camera acts as if I'm always pressing Z, I'm always looking at Link and the bird from above... I've already tried both my wiimotes, so that isn't the problem (also both wii motion pluses).

I'm beggining to think something's wrong with my copy of the game. Oo

Either that, or the controls for that particular scenario are absolutely terrible.

I can't fly up. I point up, or shake up and nothing happens. I can fly down, I can dive, but I can't seem to fly up, something weird's going on. The only way I can fly up is if I dive down, which automatically means he'll fly up a bit after. Also if I attack, but those are limited... When I'm neutral/normal, I just cannot fly up, plus the camera acts as if I'm always pressing Z, I'm always looking at Link and the bird from above... I've already tried both my wiimotes, so that isn't the problem (also both wii motion pluses).

I'm beggining to think something's wrong with my copy of the game. Oo

Either that, or the controls for that particular scenario are absolutely terrible.

Definitely strange as it works perfectly here. I flick or shake "up" and the bird climbs. You're only 15mins in, restart?? :blush:

I just might... bah...

Boy do I hate this blurring effect this game has for not just long distances but short aswell, looks bloody horrible in places.

Wouldn't say "bloody horrible", but not a fan either. It's... okay, I guess.

I don't have the game yet ='<!!!! AM CRY! Amazon still didn't confirm the dispatch. Only saying that it will be dispatched soon.

Epá, o meu veio ontem.

Mas sinceramente se estás com esse problema, mais vale ires cancelar a encomenda e vai à Fnac que já estão a vendê-lo desd'ontem. Mesmo, não estou a gozar. em vez de 40 euros fica-te a 50 (a edição normal)... só digo pq se ainda n recebeste só next week, pá... demora sempre 2 ou 3 dias a vir.

I thought the blurring/Impressionist effect of the background was fantastic in the trailers :) Getting the game tomorrow though so can't speak for in-game

It's quite unique and certainly beautiful, I don't think it ruins anything even a bit. But I preffer unblurred, :heh:

Just a matter of preference, nothing bad 'bout it.

This 'blurry artstyle' some of you are talking about, does it resemble the amount of blurness from Little King's Story?

Oh man neogaf is brilliant, a few people saying the first dungeon sucks because they couldnt find a switch even though it tells you where it is. Anyway.

First temple done, I over done it with the boss though, my arm hurts. lol I couldnt figure out how to hit him but it came to me.

This 'blurry artstyle' some of you are talking about, does it resemble the amount of blurness from Little King's Story?

No idea, didn't play LKS.

Anywhoo, restarted the game, previous issue gone like a summer breeze. Thank the lord, was beginning to worry there!

Indeed. But I was actually really blown away by...
...the attention to detail on the NPC's, especially in the Skyloft bazaar. The animation on them is just superb.
icon14.gif There's a shopkeeper in there that follows you all around the counter, looks so happy until you cancel a sale on him (his expression is classic! :D) and then he sulks when you walk away. :heh:

Yes! This guy has become one of my favourite Zelda NPCs of all time. :grin:

I took the liberty to make a short video, and took some snaps as well

387386_130352093740553_100002972905530_146696_1787472890_n.jpg

316739_130352490407180_100002972905530_146700_1167385941_n.jpg

384075_130352623740500_100002972905530_146701_683955457_n.jpg

This video, just for a little fun

I just might... bah...

Wouldn't say "bloody horrible", but not a fan either. It's... okay, I guess.

Epá, o meu veio ontem.

Mas sinceramente se estás com esse problema, mais vale ires cancelar a encomenda e vai à Fnac que já estão a vendê-lo desd'ontem. Mesmo, não estou a gozar. em vez de 40 euros fica-te a 50 (a edição normal)... só digo pq se ainda n recebeste só next week, pá... demora sempre 2 ou 3 dias a vir.

Moro nos Azores... não tenho outro remédio senão esperar ='<. Tou lixado....

I adore the art style it works really well with the hardware and the game, although the style looks a bit odd at first I got used to it, the music is epic and the first dungeon was good after quite a slow start I can't wait to play more. I've had no problem with the controls for the most part, sword controls feel accurate enough and immersive as long as it's calibrated properly, I just hope not too much will feel tacked on later and I probably need a bit more room or stop swinging so much myself..

Edited by The-Ironflame

It works similar to what was used in LKS. Everything at a certain distance from the camera and onward gets blurred. It's not the usual blur effect though, but rather one that redraws the scene with something resembling brush strokes. This is a screenshot someone made with the emulator and here the effect works great imo (practically spoiler free, unless you can identify the item).

The "mileage" varies though, as the effect doesn't seem to include everything. Going by what I saw in other screenshots, characters, finer details in the scenery and water for example aren't blurred this way.

Mi scusi while I come and pimp something out:

skywardswordmini.jpg

No real spoilers. Plot is discussed in the last few paragraphs (around where you can see Link and Zelda on birds).

Seems that this displays better on two of my tvs than the other, so I might have to shuffle some TVs round to get the most out of the visuals. I do worry about not being able to play it in my room/bed due to motionplus, tis a shame. Few hours in, liking it so far, but mostly it's very early times for a game.

I think I was enjoying Xenoblade more than this by now.

Had 2 hours on it last night, well it involved a re-start as well. So far, the motion controls are great. No issues with them at all, except my arm started to hurt after a few strikes as such.

my copy turned up yesterday, managed to maek it to the surface before having to go to a RHCP gig in Sheffield.

from now on its probably bye bye internet unless i'm at work lol

It arrived, my Wii isn't at home, though.

I'd like to play it on my mother's wii, is there a way to transfer saves? Wasn't it possible with a Wiimote?

It arrived, my Wii isn't at home, though.

I'd like to play it on my mother's wii, is there a way to transfer saves? Wasn't it possible with a Wiimote?

It's easy to transfer saves using an SD card as long as the game doesn't have a wifi function. Dunno 'bout wiimote transferring, though. If it's possible, that would be awesome.

Anyhow, I ordered the game last night via Amazon UK and they've already dispatched it. Free Super Saver delivery means that I might not get it until Wednesday at the latest but I honestly don't care. As long as I GET the game, I'm happy! :laughing:

£47.90 for the limited edition seems like a good price to me!

Got mine today. Will play it after work. Just listening to the CD, it's pretty epic!

This is the last time i pre-order something big from Amazon. Postman came with out my game. Im sooo freakin annoyed right now! :mad:

Mine arrived from Sainsburys :D

So £36 for the ltd edition and it arrived release day, will definitely use Sainsburys Entertainment in the future.

If only I wasn't at work... so I could actually play it :heh: