NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

According to Amazon yes - the choice is basically if you want the super-pimp gold wiimote or not. The difference in price between the editions on Amazon is £13, while a new wiimote is priced £26.97. So unless you've already got a full set of wiimotes, do the math.

I mean look at it - it's a thing of beauty.

31ADTTkColL._SS400_.jpg

I'm in the middle somewhere. I've got 2 Wiimotes and 2 motion+ attachments.

Grrr. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it. Its only a tenner, I guess. That just means being good for the rest of the month.

Edit: Preordered special edition. :D

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

If you don't have a Motion+ remote it's a no brainer. You need one and even the RRP is cheaper than buying both separately.

Best price you can get it for at the moment is £42.90 on Tesco Entertainment with this code EXM5OFF25-1

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/games/-the-legend-of-zelda--skyward-sword-limited-edition-bundle/8:788479/

Special editions are normally full of crap you'll never look at again, but this is more like just a 'bundle'.

If you don't have a Motion+ remote it's a no brainer. You need one and even the RRP is cheaper than buying both separately.

Best price you can get it for at the moment is £42.90 on Tesco Entertainment with this code EXM5OFF25-1

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/games/-the-legend-of-zelda--skyward-sword-limited-edition-bundle/8:788479/

Special editions are normally full of crap you'll never look at again, but this is more like just a 'bundle'.

Awesooome!

I've cancelled the amazon one and gone with that instead. :D

Why do you do this to me, I don't know what to do now!

I have a pre-order with Game but have heard they've been a bit rubbish recently with delivery, and I got the price down to £40 with reward card points.

Now I've gone and placed another order with Tesco, tempted to cancel my Game order and save the £9 in reward points, because I get clubcard points from Tesco, 8% quidco cashback and the last thing I ordered from them (Star Wars Blu-ray) came three days before its release date!

I've had mine pre-ordered from Amazon for a few days now. First thing I've ever pre-ordered online.

Got mine pre orderd from shopto with the wiimote plus :D

Do you think nintendo will have a big zelda/mario launch party in london ?

Bundle at Shopto for me. Absolutely nerve-wracking though as it's my first pre-order from there, and I'm very aware that the majority of the bundle stock has gone to Game and Amazon. I don't care when it arrives, I just don't want to be left without the bundle because of stock issues and then BAM it's already out of stock everywhere else.

Hmm, don't really see the need for the bundle, haven't been playing with Wii much anyway. However, my dilemma is...yes, I'd like to buy Z:SS at launch, but I don't know if I have any time to play it! :o Have so many great games in my backlog already, and haven't even started Xenoblade yet...

Hmm, to buy or not to buy...I mean I could postpone it after Christmas as well, when I have some time, but...not sure if I'd have the patience :D Zelda has usually been a Christmas game for me, but no Wii at our mom's house...hmmm. Man, only under two weeks until the release...

Bitches, please make a decision for me because I am inept.

Do I go for Zelda regular awesome edition...

Or, do I go for Super Awesome Zelda Extreme Edition with Gold Wiimote and Super Music CD Deluxe IV Gaiden?

Considering how you described each one, I think you just answered this yourself.

Bundle at Shopto for me. Absolutely nerve-wracking though as it's my first pre-order from there, and I'm very aware that the majority of the bundle stock has gone to Game and Amazon. I don't care when it arrives, I just don't want to be left without the bundle because of stock issues and then BAM it's already out of stock everywhere else.

Shopto ship fast and are reliable. The only thing they're not great at is packaging, sometimes it can be a bit on the flimsy side. They guarantee release date delivery and they push for it, because they credit you £3 if they don't manage it. They've also updated their picking and packing service and will send you a photo of the parcel when it's ready to go, for your reassurance.

Me, I went with Sainsburys during that deal, not so reliable. But you? You'll have it on release day or earlier fo' sho' :)

My roommate doesn't take care of things too well, so I think I'll be passing on the Special Edition Wiimote -- it'll just get ruined by him.

Bitches, please make a decision for me because I am inept.

Do I go for Zelda regular awesome edition...

Or, do I go for Super Awesome Zelda Extreme Edition with Gold Wiimote and Super Music CD Deluxe IV Gaiden?

Honestly Flink,what is wrong with you. We both know the real answer to this question.

So glad I got that Sainsbury's Special Edition deal for £35!! :D

I'd rather have a Wii-mote+ now than the Wii-motion+ attachments in the rubber case.

Though I'm not too keen on my Wii-mote+ being Gold moving forward, I hope they bundle in White ones with the Wii U.

A dark blue one might have been nice, like you're holding the hilt of the Master Sword! :D

Dunno if you guys can settle a debate I've been reading on another forum...

I am right in saying that the sword fighting in this games does not involve the gamer having to stand up to play it, aren't I? I read elsewhere that someone somewhere has said that in order to play it "properly", it's best that it's played standing up so you can really swing the sword.

This strikes me as a bit odd and a bit daft. To me, a Zelda game isn't one that demands the gamer play it like they would, say, Wii Bowling or whatever. Sure a gamer could play bowling from their armchair, but that game really demands you get up and bowl. To me sword fighting in an adventure game, especially a Zelda game, does not and should not.

I've not read any reviews that mention this, only the random rantings of the occasionally insane on the net. I remember Red Steel 2 having a sensitivity setting that seemed to encourage you to play standing up if you wished to, but it wasn't a requirement. But what's the deal with the sword fighting in this new Zelda then?

I am right in saying that the sword fighting in this games does not involve the gamer having to stand up to play it, aren't I? I read elsewhere that someone somewhere has said that in order to play it "properly", it's best that it's played standing up so you can really swing the sword.

This strikes me as a bit odd and a bit daft. To me, a Zelda game isn't one that demands the gamer play it like they would, say, Wii Bowling or whatever. Sure a gamer could play bowling from their armchair, but that game really demands you get up and bowl. To me sword fighting in an adventure game, especially a Zelda game, does not and should not.

I've not read any reviews that mention this, only the random rantings of the occasionally insane on the net. I remember Red Steel 2 having a sensitivity setting that seemed to encourage you to play standing up if you wished to, but it wasn't a requirement. But what's the deal with the sword fighting in this new Zelda then?

You don't have to stand up to play, you can sit down, but you still need to make decent motions, waggle won't work.

You can do all the necessary motions while sitting in a chair. It's perfectly easy. You don't need to overdo it

*looks at avatar*

Did you time-travel to a thread from 2006?

*looks at avatar*

Did you time-travel to a thread from 2006?

:D

I know, it's insanity isn't it? But what can I say, there are people out there who think that Skyward Sword requires you to stand up to play it, mostly because the adverts show it that way. They seem to not be able to understand that they do that to sell the vague idea of the gamer being in the game with the Wii, and sadly they seem to take it literally. I feel stupid asking, because truth be told I know the answer, but still.

Back to pre-order chat about saving 2 or 3 quid and wii remotes? Come on, we need more reviews to talk about !!! :P

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm avoiding reviews like the plague. What's the point in reading a review of a game you're dead set on buying anyway? In addition to that, there's a chance the review will contain some sort of spoilerific image or detail that you didn't want revealed until playing the actual game.

So, that leaves us with the score. Which, as its Zelda, we all know will be pretty damn good anyway. We know its going to be great, but we won't know how great until we play it ourselves.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm avoiding reviews like the plague. What's the point in reading a review of a game you're dead set on buying anyway? In addition to that, there's a chance the review will contain some sort of spoilerific image or detail that you didn't want revealed until playing the actual game.

So, that leaves us with the score. Which, as its Zelda, we all know will be pretty damn good anyway. We know its going to be great, but we won't know how great until we play it ourselves.

I don't normally employ a shut out tactic, but I personally feel I ruined TP by knowing too much before the game was released so I'm going old school on SS.

Yeah, review scores are plenty enough :) Back to the delicious basics indeed!