NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Question is, which publication will decide to cause outrage.

I'm willing to say Gamespot...they've always seemed anti-motion control and more likely to be paid off (since they have been countless times)

I'm willing to say Gamespot...they've always seemed anti-motion control and more likely to be paid off (since they have been countless times)

Great

Perhaps Eurogamer...

Frankly, fair criticism is needed and probably does the game's creators more good than lyrically waxing about how their game is the best thing after sliced bread and glossing over its weaker parts. If the people behind the game read the reviews that is. The outrage over Eurogamer's 8 for Uncharted for example was embarrassing. I'm guessing whoever scores SS lower than a 9 will also have to face that fan rage, no matter if they make absolutely valid points. :heh:

It's the stupid points like "I want to hammer my buttons, because you know: motion controls suck and my dog was killed by a Wiimote", that make a review unprofessional. ;)

Edit: Oh, that 8.8 for Twilight Princess from Gamespot. Watched the video review not too long ago and it sounded very positive and was fair. Can't say I disagree with the score either. Definitely closer to actually representing Twilight Princess than its meta score. ;)

Edited by Burny

At least we know that the soundtrack CD won't have annoying screaming fans. :)

At least we know that the soundtrack CD won't have annoying screaming fans. :)

That video gave me chills... chills! I need to play this game fast. My hype level exceeded long ago 9000.... can't wait this anymore! Am cry ;_;

Game Informer gave it a 10. Phil Kollar's first 10/10 dished out during his tenure there.

Excellent. Although did he really have to put up a big image spoiler of a new (ish) item on the website? No other pic he could have used??

Would it be gittish of me to boast that Nintendo have said my review copy will be with me on Monday? :D

:bouncy:

Game Informer gave it a 10. Phil Kollar's first 10/10 dished out during his tenure there.

D_prOdigy is the only person I know who can make numbers suspenseful.

Man, I think I need a lay down now.

Good scores, excellent.

Btw, someone really should separate the two thread names somehow, I mean I accidentally clicked on the Spoiler Topic AGAIN... :o Luckily, no harm done thus far. So...what about using caps, i.e.

Zelda: Skyward Sword SPOILER-FREE TOPIC (Nov 18th)

Zelda: Skyward Sword Spoilers Topic (Nov 18th)

Would be much easier to tell them apart! Someone in power make this happen, please...

Edited by Ville

That good for ya? :)

Yeah, I think that'll do, thank you very much :) Indeed, good idea to move the most important part to the very front...

Although, shouldn't it be spoiler-free with a hyphen? :D

I remember Gamespot's 8.8 review. I didn't have an issue with it back then, I knew Gamespot gave lower scores than usual, and didn't mindlessly gush about everything.

What I had an issue with, was a letter written by the reviewer in response to the backlash. One of the things he said was "How could any of you not agree on my comments on sound? Those monkeys in the first dungeon were so annoying! ". I never trusted Gamespot again.

Anyway, I'm hyping for this game, but most likely won't buy it immediately, unless I see a good deal with that Wiimote+ bundle.

Anyway, I'm hyping for this game, but most likely won't buy it immediately, unless I see a good deal with that Wiimote+ bundle.

WHAT!?!?!?

It's

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

it should be, without question, the ONLY series of which you should purchase a game first and foremost at launch!

Even if you don't even own a Wii you should buy this at launch, even if you're nearing the end of your life you should buy this at launch, even if every other NINTENDO franchise is revived on November the 18th you SHOULD buy this at launch!

Bitches, please make a decision for me because I am inept.

Do I go for Zelda regular awesome edition...

Or, do I go for Super Awesome Zelda Extreme Edition with Gold Wiimote and Super Music CD Deluxe IV Gaiden?

Well, if you're a super zelda fan, and you still don't have a wiimote +, then.... the answer is logical. Nonetheless, if you still a super zelda fan, and have already a wiimote... it's still logical dude x'D

Do I go for Zelda regular awesome edition...

This.

Never pay for a special edition. (Plus you get the music CD anyway.)

Ahh, two contrasting posts.

So, we get the CD in regular awesome version, yes?

Honestly, I guess I'll just feel bad in a way if I don't get the Wiimote. As it's one of the last big Wii titles, and a console I've bought a ton of games for, it just seems right to go with that one. Ahhhhhhhh.

Wii-motes are going to be part of the WiiU anyway so, might as well get one.

So, we get the CD in regular awesome version, yes?

All copies in the first printing come with a music CD, yes.

The Wiimote would be a lot more tempting if it wasn't so ugly. :hmm:

Edit: And if it came with a matching Nunchuk.

Well, i'm buying the special edition because i don't have an wiimote +.

That's the main reason. Also, it's good to have the music cd. i'm not sure you can get that on the normal edition

That's the main reason. Also, it's good to have the music cd. i'm not sure you can get that on the normal edition

You do. It's been confirmed by Nintendo and has been asked several times here already. All games of the initial production are going to come with the CD.

...As an additional 25th anniversary treat for fans who purchase the game early, every copy in the initial production, whether sold by itself or as a part of the limited-edition bundle, will come with a free CD...