NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

As in no footage whatsoever??

No, but no spoilers unless you count the Stalfos shown when the game was first shown and shooting various Bokoblins

Bad news someone has the game.

As we have posted earlier, there have been rumors about the Skyward Sword ending and story in general, leaked on our favorite board, 4Chan. Obviously there was no credibility to them... until recently. The same user that was answering questions also released a 4 minute video showing off the game, right from the very launch. It is however notable that the demo had the same home screen menu, and no late-game footage has been shown yet (i.e. the video might just be showing the demo, and the guy didn't play the whole game), so keep your pants on. Even if you're not interested in rumors, check out the video for the Wii Home Screen Menu.
Edited by Dante

At a brief glance, the video in that pertains to the game's ending intro (but some paragraph mentions the ending? Hmm). But pretty much spoiler central. But there's little to see just from browsing through the article, except the menu graphic (just the logo).

Didn't go as far as reading comments though.

Edited by Shorty

A 4Chan user showed the start of the game and the menu.
So probably not best to post it in the spoiler free thread then!

Spoiler Free European trailer

Robin Williams' guru persona would have been better if he still had the beard :P

Removed by user? :(

Guys.

Guys, listen.

Seriously.

This game is out in 17 days. The luckiest of us could be playing it in a little over two weeks.

I'm not even kidding.

Guys.

Guys, listen.

Seriously.

This game is out in 17 days. The luckiest of us could be playing it in a little over two weeks.

I'm not even kidding.

OMGZ TEH EXCITEMENT!!!111 :hug:

*Sigh*

Kotaku got their review copy and filmed the the first couple of minutes between the main menu and before the player takes control of Link (music is spectacular). Guess what the comments are all about?

People hating on the Wiimote and complaining about the lack of Classic Controller support. Edit: Oh, and the usual "I've grown out of Nintendo" stuff of course.

Meh. Does it matter what the haters have to say? :heh: They're going to miss out, their loss.

*Sigh*

Kotaku got their review copy and filmed the the first couple of minutes between the main menu and before the player takes control of Link (music is spectacular). Guess what the comments are all about?

People hating on the Wiimote and complaining about the lack of Classic Controller support. Edit: Oh, and the usual "I've grown out of Nintendo" stuff of course.

Dear lord...I hate people

To be fair, by default their comment system only displays the "featured" (?) comments. When all comments are shown, most contain the usual hype stuff. ;)

I can't believe you guys could care even slightly what other people have to say about this game. I couldn't possibly fit in such irrelevant feelings around my ridiculous level of hype.

Games TM gave it 9/10. The review is pure gush, I couldn't believe it "only" got a 9 after what they said about it. Bizarre! Anyways, I'm going to be one mopey fucker wandering around Paris when this game comes out!! But on the eurostar home I'll be dreaming of Zelda, Mario and Uncharted!! What a triple whammy!

I'm surprised there hasn't been any new reviews for a week now.

There was a new one from GamesTM...it was gushing, saying no bad things, it being perfect, pinnacle of gaming, essential play

It gave it 9/10

There was a new one from GamesTM...it was gushing, saying no bad things, it being perfect, pinnacle of gaming, essential play

It gave it 9/10

Out of curiosity, what games have GamesTM given 10/10? All I know of is Metroid Prime being their first.

It gave it 9/10

That review was out last week, or at least we knew of its 9/10 last week

It was gushing, saying no bad things, it being perfect, pinnacle of gaming, essential play

It mentioned that the game is technically being "outshone" by the Zelda demo from E3. ;)

That review was out last week, or at least we knew of its 9/10 last week

The magazine was out then I believe. The review has been posted on their site yesterday.

I like Games TM's "Better Than...", "As Good As..." and "Worse Than..." boxes, and will be interested to see how they think it slots into the Zelda series quality-wise.

By the way, if anyone wants to know when IGN's review will be online - Nov 11th, apparently.