NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Not see too much either since the E3 videos. Unfortunately Gametrailers have just spoiled me by saying what item is in the game as one of their video titles. So GT is definitely a site I am going to have to avoid now until the games release. Feels like I may have to go on a full gaming media blackout (apart from N-Europe) the closer the game comes to release.

Just wondering if SS is the last game people are buying for their Wii? For me it more than likely will be, kinda fitting because TP was my 1st Wii game purchase.

I barfly know anything about this game. A few tiny bits from news headlines but the game will be all new. Wish work wasn't so busy (and the fact i'd've just gotten back from 10 days in Paris) otherwise I would take a week off work. This, uncharted, mario and mario kart will provide me with sp much god damn fucking joy up to Christmas!

Just wondering if SS is the last game people are buying for their Wii? For me it more than likely will be, kinda fitting because TP was my 1st Wii game purchase.

There's still a few titles i'm interested in for the Wii ( Last Story, Kirby, Pandora's Tower, Fortune Street ) so SS will not be my last Wii game.

It's nice to see that everyone who didn't want to know much about the game hasn't had anything major spoiled for them. Just a few weeks to go. :bouncy:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Such an awesome scene, and on a FREAKING GameBoy!!!

LinkandMarin.jpg

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Same guy who did the story for that game also did MM one.

Beautiful moment. Didn't know it was the same story guy either. There is always something...eerie about LA? I don't know what or how they managed to capture its atmosphere, but it all felt a little...like I shouldn't have been there, doing what I was doing. I realize that's a major story part, but I genuinely felt like it when I played the game. Then again I also did a lot of glitching, so maybe I shouldn't have been there doing what I was doing :p

Did someone say the same guy was doing story for this?

Trying so hard to stay away from spoilers but some keep seeping through, some videos start getting tantalising.

I still know very little about the story though

Beautiful moment. Didn't know it was the same story guy either. There is always something...eerie about LA? I don't know what or how they managed to capture its atmosphere, but it all felt a little...like I shouldn't have been there, doing what I was doing. I realize that's a major story part, but I genuinely felt like it when I played the game. Then again I also did a lot of glitching, so maybe I shouldn't have been there doing what I was doing :p

Did someone say the same guy was doing story for this?

Damn, I need to prioritise and find myself one of those 3DS eShop cards, for Link's Awakening is one Zelda game I only played once on an emulator!

THIS! MUST! HAPPEN!

(after the mid-terms)

I'm completely in the dark concerning this new Zelda. I, instinctively, would say I usually find out a lot of spoilers but..then again.. I've only got into the series just after Wind Waker (even though it feels longer!).

I'm not as "in-touch" with gaming anymore so it just happened that I don't know much about Skyward Sword. I feel like I'm missing out though. I want to have a tantalising wait. The hype, the mystery, the feeling of guilt watching a trailer with spoilers. It all belongs to the experience. I think I should be more excited. This'll be my 1st wii game bought since Mario Galaxy 2!

OK this is getting really difficult now!!

I just went on Gametrailers, a site I like to check for videos all the time, scroll down the first page, and there's a a video labelled 'Skyward Sword .... Trailer' (with the .... designating a word that is somewhat of a spoiler, maybe not that big a deal)... and a picture to go along with it too!

Dammit why do sites have to put 'mild spoilers' in their titles/pictures, why can't they just use generic artwork etc...

*Can't go anywhere!*

But GameTrailers has got the named this said item wrong in that new trailer.

Nintendo are really pushing out on the marketing this game because there has been six trailers this week.

Edited by Dante

I don't know if it's wrong or not for the trailer, but it's still a picture and name of a [maybe key] item in the game!

I don't know if it's wrong or not for the trailer, but it's still a picture and name of a [maybe key] item in the game!

Unfortunately I clocked that video a few days ago. Haven't (and won't be watching) watched it but it's really annoyed me how they put that on their site, particularly with the name of the trailer and the thumbnail image for it, as it has somewhat spoiled something that I wanted to find out on my own.

Still, it's not been as bad as GoNintendo who've let many place names slip. Luckily I've glossed over them and not taken them in but I've pretty much had to stop going over there now. I can understand wanting to get information out there but you would think that these sites would be a little more careful given that we're only a couple of weeks away from release.

The last full trailer that i saw was from E3. Nevermore i saw anything but i have to say that this waiting is killing me. It will be my last game for Wii and will also be my first game for Wii since i bought Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Just like all of you guys, now and then i go to gametrailers... and i did get a huge spoiler for that picture, but i believe that i will not think to much about it. The only thing is getting to my nerves is why nintendo putting so many videos out being the release still only a month from now (practically).

Can't wait anymore ='<

EDIT: What do you guys think we can expect from this game? Will it have the magic that some people, including myself, didn't feel in Twilight Princess?

Edited by Kraser

EDIT: What do you guys think we can expect from this game? Will it have the magic that some people, including myself, didn't feel in Twilight Princess?

It looks very like Twilight Princess to me. I know that may sound absurd, but the visuals only look different in a very superficial way.

On the other hand, at least the enemy designs look much better. One of my biggest disappointments with Twilight Princess was that the enemy designs were very generic - spiders looked just like normal spiders and Dodongos looked like gecko lizards rather than the unusual, dinosaur-like designs in Ocarina of Time. Most of them were very detailed, rather than being constructed with broad, confident strokes. The NPCs also looked like they could have come from any other game, like Final Fantasy for example.

That said, Skyward Sword seems to be a halfway step between TP and Wind Waker. Will that work? I don't know. It might be worse than both! Let's not forget that Twilight Princess had a fantastic atmosphere at times, especially running through the fields at sunset.

To end on a positive note, Skyward Sword's enemies do look very stylised, much better than TP's from what I've seen, so I'm hopeful that helps enhance the Zelda feel.

I feel completely the opposite regarding enemy design. I thought the design in TP was much better thN how it is in SS from the enemies we've seen so far.

Can't beat WW enemy design though, they were awesome!

How about gameplay? Will it be gimmick? Or a nice add-on?

Well from what Edge are saying, the controls are perfect, getting the best use out of motion sensing.

I've not seen any spoilers, but I wouldn't mind some mild ones to get me hankering for this. Strange that Dante says Nintendo are really pushing the marketing on it though, I haven't caught the slightest about it anywhere.

How about gameplay? Will it be gimmick? Or a nice add-on?

Well, we at least know it will work very well, like Wii Sports Resort. At the end of the day, I'm not a fan of motion control, but this is the Wii. They had to put out a Zelda with motion control as good as the hardware could manage. I was much more against there being a motion control version of Twilight Princess. I still don't think there should have been.

I've not seen any spoilers, but I wouldn't mind some mild ones to get me hankering for this. Strange that Dante says Nintendo are really pushing the marketing on it though, I haven't caught the slightest about it anywhere.

I've seen videos in GAME. If you want spoilers, I believe the previews on various sites detail the first couple of dungeons. Personally, I won't read them.

Weeeell, if Dante's going to accidentally post spoilers in this thread and people are going to keep dropping hints about what they've spotted in trailers, I think this will be my cue to "go dark"! :heh: see you on the other side...

Is anyone at the MCM Expo this weekend? I'll be working there as usual, but I can't decide whether or not to play the demo of this that'll be there. It's going to be very hard to resist..

Also, regarding the difficulty (I guess some may call this a spoiler, but I don't):

Apparently this is easier than both OOT and TP. Bit of a shame, I suppose, but hopefully not a game-breaker.

Is anyone at the MCM Expo this weekend? I'll be working there as usual, but I can't decide whether or not to play the demo of this that'll be there. It's going to be very hard to resist..

Also, regarding the difficulty (I guess some may call this a spoiler, but I don't):

Apparently this is easier than both OOT and TP. Bit of a shame, I suppose, but hopefully not a game-breaker.

Well, EDGE did give it a 10/10 so the difficulty probably isn't a game-breaker.

IKSqn.jpg

PinKh.jpg

HXsYR.jpg

dzwxh.jpg

Some little stuff from the Edge review;

On swordplay -

'In action, it is nothing short of revelatory...the victories are ours in a way they could never be with a standard controller.'

On Skyloft and the overworld -

'Imagine a halfway house between MM's Clock Town and WW's ocean; a community of oddballs scattered across a sky archipelago. Considerably smaller than the sea, it makes up for it in density of character.'

On the puzzles -

'How's this for a statement of intent: not a single torch-lighting number, and only one push-the-box-on-the-button incident...Where TP's gizmos gathered dust after glorious debut dungeons, SS keeps its kitbag tight and in constant circulation, with ingenious multitasking and surprise upgrades along the way.'
Edited by Dante