NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the special edition being a limited number, maybe I should go put a pre-order in for this!

It's the fact that I have no clue when I'm gonna get to play it that's made me all casual about it!

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the special edition being a limited number, maybe I should go put a pre-order in for this!

It's the fact that I have no clue when I'm gonna get to play it that's made me all casual about it!

I know the feeling. In that week, I need to play and cover PokéPark 2, plus also I get Assassin's Creed Revelations and Super Mario 3D Land.

I'm really starting to get psyched about this though

Yeah, it's gonna be one busy end to the year/Christmas!

Seems ChoicesUK are now up to £45.99.

Ah well, think it's still the cheapest! *pre-orders* :D

Shopto will come through, they'll get you your order on time or earlier.

But their packaging is notoriously poor so... don't be too surprised if it's got a bit dented.

Shopto will come through, they'll get you your order on time or earlier.

But their packaging is notoriously poor so... don't be too surprised if it's got a bit dented.

So long as I get the Wiimote and game (the gamecase in tact, but I have a few extras anyway) by launch, I'll be happy. Don't care about the cardboard box :p

Yeah, ShopTo promise to fulfill preorders for release. They guarantee it! Or they'll credit you with £3!

Overlooking the clause in their terms and conditions for stock shortages, of course.

Preordered at Shopto the day after they put it up, so hoping I'll be alright. Amazon tends to ship preorders on Thursday plus you have to pay postage. GAME's site still doesn't work properly so not preordering from them. I like mine to be perfect condition though, but no retailer is perfect, had damaged stuff from GAME and Amazon.

Worst case, I'll just pick up from my local Grainger Games.

I'm actually in Paris until the Monday after so for once I don't care about getting this or mario early. But what a double bill waiting for me when I bet back!

I know pretty much nothing about this game, first time being spoiler free, so that is exciting. All I want to know is the general vibe of feedback of people who have played it. So far so positive, but the controls are obviously going to annoy a few people... I'll love it im sure so as long as the game is incredible, should be immense!

...but the controls are obviously going to annoy a few people...

Joystiq is already whining... :heh:

I'm doing surprisingly well on my info blackout of this game. Better than I expected actually.

I keep seeing news artciles on the mainsite and/or the actual press releases coming into my email and I've not once had the urge to look inside.

I thought I'd find myself having an Angel and Devil on the shoulder moment tempting me to take a look.

Though I wish 18 Nov would come faster. As we enter the final weeks I can only see myself weakening if there is further regular flow of new info coming out... especially once reviews start coming. No idea how I'll avoid seeing scores and such.

As this is the "Spoiler Free" thread can we not have review scores and such posted here too :D

I'm trying my earnest to stay spoiler free, but certain bits keep seeping through. Know barely anything about the story but know about certain mechanical things

I'm trying my earnest to stay spoiler free, but certain bits keep seeping through. Know barely anything about the story but know about certain mechanical things

It's so damn hard to not have a sneak peek of a li'l sum'n sum'n in a weak moment.

I know what you're going through!

WE'VE GOT TO STAY STRONG!

I know zero, aside from the first few seconds of footage shown in that E3 Concert video which I then turned away from when I realised it was gonna contain some spoilers and when someone here had "that avatar" :heh:

I was pretty free of spoilers until this week when the press release came into my e-mail and I couldn't resist reading it and writing it up for the main site. Since then I've got even more excited! Thought it wouldn't do much harm seeing I will be playing it before I receive my actual copy anyway.

I think we're in for a treat though :)

I know zero, aside from the first few seconds of footage shown in that E3 Concert video which I then turned away from when I realised it was gonna contain some spoilers and when someone here had "that avatar" :heh:
Yeah this is where I'm at.

Unfortunately I've learned the games setting and Links method of getting around, as a result of that Orchestral footage.

That would have been a great thing to learn about in-game, but alas!

Also, I think we've all seen the footage of who may or may not be the main villian... or at least a predominant character.

I am getting super psyched with each bit that I end up seeing.

I just must resist. Glad we're getting it first. No risk of Americans ruining the story for us

I've been staying away from any news, info, screenshots or videos of this since after E3. The trailer from that was enough to set up the game but I'd rather discover everything else myself, which is sort of what the Zelda games are about and why I'm hyped for this. It's why Xenoblade was so good, being able to go out and explore the world and find things and I'm hoping we're getting that with Skyward Sword.

I will say it is becoming harder and harder to stay away from the new info though because many sites have been doing blowouts for the first couple of hours of the game and some *cough*Kotaku*cough*GoNintendo*cough* haven't exactly been smart in spoilering some of the information or trailers, letting place names slip, etc. that I've glimpsed and scrolled away from immediately.

Don't really understand why anyone, given how close the game's release is, would want to take on new info and potential spoilers as it'll just lead to more TP instances and more moaning.

Yeah, I've been getting pretty annoyed by all the spoilers that Gonintendo has posted, though luckily I've managed to avoid most of them. Would it be considered spoilery if someone who's read the latest impressions could tell us in here whether they've been generally favourable? Are people reading them getting excited?

N-E are being quite good with their news and spoiler warnings, I'm tempted by the latest article about the opening footage! I'm trying to weigh up how good it'd really be waiting for the game and seeing things totally fresh as opposed to allowing myself a few little teases. I still remember the awe I felt at the opening of OoT through navi's eyes, but back then it wasn't the sort of thing you could chance across seeing easily at all.

You're never going to feel the same awe again, because you're not twelve anymore.

Of course, you still shouldn't watch the video.

I watched the first hour of The Wind Waker back in the day because I was so hyped for the game. All it did was ruin the first hour of the game for me.

N-E are being quite good with their news and spoiler warnings, I'm tempted by the latest article about the opening footage! I'm trying to weigh up how good it'd really be waiting for the game and seeing things totally fresh as opposed to allowing myself a few little teases. I still remember the awe I felt at the opening of OoT through navi's eyes, but back then it wasn't the sort of thing you could chance across seeing easily at all.

I advise not to watch it. I did, and sure it's awesome, but you want that awesomeness there when you first play it!

Don't watch it.

You're never going to feel the same awe again, because you're not twelve anymore.

Of course, you still shouldn't watch the video.

I watched the first hour of The Wind Waker back in the day because I was so hyped for the game. All it did was ruin the first hour of the game for me.

See, it's good that you mention that, cos I do always wonder if it's an age thing or not. It was much easier to be excited for games as a kid, probably cos they were so few and far between. I might take the day off the day after this arrives and wake up at stupid oclock in the morning and play it before the sun rises(which is how I had to as a kid).

I'll go with your suggestions and skip out watching anything for now. See how brilliant it is when it arrives. Seriously hope this game manages to do everything right that TP didn't.

I watched it and I don't think it spoiled anything about the game. Only mildly about the settings of the game, you know

that there is an island in the sky

and some magical things that really aren't surprising. It just told some background story akin to the one in Phantom Hourglass, I think it was.

I'm gonna ride it out for now as totally naive, it's a long time since I've been like that with a game, so it'll be interesting when ti comes to playing and see how I feel about it.