NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Perhaps we could start a seperate 'Pre-order Discussion' topic for all games. I'm not looking forward to the next two months of endless 'how to save a few quid by preordering from this place instead of that place' posts

Given it's a spoiler free topic I can't see us talking about too much else :p

Though on the subject of pre-orders, I took a big bundle one out with shopto last night/paid there and then, noticed they say they guarantee delivery for release or £3 credit, but then their smallprint says they can't guarantee if short of stock! How very silly.

Given it's a spoiler free topic I can't see us talking about too much else :p

Come on, be creative! You can always fall back on discussing the Zelda timeline or which Zelda is the best. ;)

Come on, be creative! You can always fall back on discussing the Zelda timeline or which Zelda is the best. ;)

Oh God.

Let's all discuss where we're pre-ordering the game and for how much.

Please.

Oh God.

Let's all discuss where we're pre-ordering the game and for how much.

Please.

Ok, sorry! I just thought that was such a popular topic here. ;)

In that case I have another suggestion: This is the London Philharmonic Orchestra playing the Zelda theme. They said the soundtrack CD coming with the first print run of the game will contain recordings from these Zelda concerts.

What else did they play?

I know I would love a more extended song of storms as an orchestral version. ;)

I'm somewhat ambivalent about that very western Superman-ish arrangement of the theme (though I think it was handled by Yoko Kanno); nice as it is in itself, it doesn't fit with the character of the series. I'm hoping we get a whole bunch of new arrangements by Yokota for the October concert and cd.

That art looks so lovely. =)

I do wish the game looked a bit different, especially Link's character. His lips have irked me from the very start heh.

Anyway, I have placed my pre-order, whoo! =D

Though knowing my luck I probably won't receive the game until a week after it's been out, boooh.

I'm going to preorder from a GAME shop, stroll in on the day of release and pick it up. Simples.

Strangely, the GAME website is claiming that the Wiimote bundle is GAME exclusive...

Strangely, the GAME website is claiming that the Wiimote bundle is GAME exclusive...

TBH, their entire website is a complete mess at the moment.

TBH, their entire website is a complete mess at the moment.

So true. I've actually switched a few orders over to ShopTo now because of their issues.

Issues? What issues they been having?

That cover artwork is really nice, definitely makes me wonder why they didn't try to make the character model a bit more like the art. Also really liking the look they've gone with for Zelda.

Went to my local GameStop where I had this pre-ordered since about 2 months back and switched the pre-order to the Bundle with the Gold Wiimote.... now the waiting game continues :D

Looks like it might be time to start avoiding sites like Gonintendo, almost saw some possible spoilers from the new trailer.

Looks like it might be time to start avoiding sites like Gonintendo, almost saw some possible spoilers from the new trailer.

Just caught those myself. Well... I saw the news title and averted my gaze. Didn't consciously register anything but really, you'd think they'd at least spoiler it (or at least post a news title that didn't reference anything in the game, simply stating 'new info' or something) because there will be plenty of people out there that don't want to know any more information about the game, what with it being out in 2 months.

Finally! We have confirmation.

Nintendo Australia's main site has the news.

No date set yet though. :(

I've decided to go on a Zelda boycott til the release. It's so close now...I can almost taste it.

Really starting to get excited now. I want to see more of the game in trailers and stuff, but also, at the same time, I don't want to spoil myself.

Wish it was out nawwww.

I've finally taken the plunge and decided I'm gonna send my Wii off for repair in the hope that it is in perfect working order for the arrival of Skyward Sword :hehe:

I feel the problems I'm having with the console are seriously hampering my enjoyment of the games when I play so.. we can't have it ruining my Zelda fun :nono:

I've finally taken the plunge and decided I'm gonna send my Wii off for repair in the hope that it is in perfect working order for the arrival of Skyward Sword :hehe:

I feel the problems I'm having with the console are seriously hampering my enjoyment of the games when I play so.. we can't have it ruining my Zelda fun :nono:

I'm fairly tempted to do this, I've got a release day Wii and it's still working but oh man... it's making the most horrendous of noises when I game!

I'm scared it'll break on me when I want it working most!

Yeh, @kav82.. it doesn't matter how loud the speakers are, you can still hear it grinding away :hmm: It stops me from playing it late at night for fear or waking up the rest of the family :sad:

I worry it'll cost me a considerable amount to get it sorted due to having previously opened it myself to have a look.. and it is now impossible to get a grip on the screws to open it again :nono:

It was having a lot of trouble with the Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc the other night as the music on the menu screens kept cutting out.. and it won't even play some of my Gamecube games anymore :hmm: If they do play, the noise is even worse than with the Wii games..

I'll miss not having it here for a couple of weeks but it'll hopefully be worth it :heh:

Yeh, @kav82.. it doesn't matter how loud the speakers are, you can still hear it grinding away :hmm: It stops me from playing it late at night for fear or waking up the rest of the family :sad:

Truly tragic!

Smash Bros. Brawl 'killed' my Wii a year or two back, they replaced it with a new one which didn't bother me too much for it's not exactly an online oriented piece o' hardware.

I did loose my virtual console games, but considering I finished them all I couldn't be arsed to get them back, though I might still just be able to download them for free....

ZELDA HYPE!

So when you get it fixed you'll be giving Monster Hunter 3 and Xenoblade another go then :wink:

Truly tragic!

Smash Bros. Brawl 'killed' my Wii a year or two back, they replaced it with a new one which didn't bother me too much for it's not exactly an online oriented piece o' hardware.

I did loose my virtual console games, but considering I finished them all I couldn't be arsed to get them back, though I might still just be able to download them for free....

ZELDA HYPE!

You should still be able to redownload anything you had bought previously for free. If Nintendo sent you back a new console they would have linked it with the previous consoles Shop Channel. Just go to the "Titles You've Downloaded" section or whatever it's called.

An error keeps occuring when I try to send my repair information to Nintendo.. it better work later :hmm:

What part gives the error?

So when you get it fixed you'll be giving Monster Hunter 3 and Xenoblade another go then :wink:

I.. uh.. don't have Monster Hunter Tri anymore and.. I don't own Xenoblade Chronicles :indeed:

What part gives the error?

It's the very last button when I go to submit everything.. it just tells me to try again later :hmm: Any time I ever get that sort of message on anything, you can almost guarantee it will never work :nono: