NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Not totally sure about getting a Gold one though... bit annoying.

Your face is annoying!

Because it's not gold!

How can one not love the awesome golden zelda wiimote?! I'm probs gonna pre-order this in the next week or two when the obvious good deals/while guaranteeing for release come up. Who's best so far/and at what price?

How can one not love the awesome golden zelda wiimote?!

Because gold's kinda tacky... though in a Zelda context it's alright. But also because it won't match the nunchuck.

How can one not love the awesome golden zelda wiimote?! I'm probs gonna pre-order this in the next week or two when the obvious good deals/while guaranteeing for release come up. Who's best so far/and at what price?

Plus, some of the buttons are still white/grey and look completely out of place. Why didn't they make it all gold?!

Plus, some of the buttons are still white/grey and look completely out of place. Why didn't they make it all gold?!

It's not some quirky policy because all the other coloured Remotes have all the buttons coloured. The best explanation I've seen suggested is that they're white to sort-of make the shape of the 'wings' symbol.

gold_wii_remote-268x600.jpg

Or maybe it's like a sword hilt.

Who knows?

Because the price for gold is really high these days so they cut a few corners to reduce costs :heh:

Because gold's kinda tacky... though in a Zelda context it's alright. But also because it won't match the nunchuck.

Yeah the lack of a gold nunchuck to go with it is highly annoying

Personally I agree that I like the white buttons along with the white symbol, solid gold all over would look too silly, no? I don't mind it much, except possibly the power button, lack of symmetry makes it look a bit out of place for me. As I continue to keep scrolling up to look at that wiimote though, I do find myself wondering a bit more and more...

Saw this tonight and pre-ordered immediately so hopefully that's my copy of Zelda secured! :)

Do you have to sign for delivery with Shopto or anything? Don't trust GAME atm.

You don't have to, you can choose from either first class postage signed or unsigned but you can only specify signed-for delivery if the product is a pre-order, I would recommend it though because it practically guarantees you'll receive it and in most cases a little bit quicker too. :D

Edited by S.C.G

I found this quite interesting from someone on deviantART called AlBryce

skyward_sword_study_by_aibryce-d33vw7u.jpg

Ok, this is just a little comparison chart I drew up. I'm a huge Zelda fan, and I'm excited for Skyward Sword, but it bothers me how awesome Link looks in the new artworks and how lame he looks in-game. I was trying to figure out what he would look like if Nintendo actually stuck to his artwork for the in-game model, instead of just tweaking the Twilight Princess model. His hair needs to be much blonder and they need to get rid of those lips... because right now I think he looks like an ugly girl little girl. :/

Also, this is just my opinion, I know nintendo isnt going to change it and this just comes down to me trying to see what it would look like. I'm not going to argue with anyone, so don't start. I would like to hear what everyone else thinks though, do you like Link's new design? Do you like the artwork or in-game model better?

I had noticed how different the two depictions looked and while it doesn't bother me I do wonder perhaps why they did it.

I think the Link on the right looks quite awesome.

Thanks, Hamish. Now I won't be able to play the game without his lips bugging me. :sad:

You don't have to, you can choose from either first class postage signed or unsigned but you can only specify signed-for delivery if the product is a pre-order, I would recommend it though because it practically guarantess you'll receive it and in most cases a little bit quicker too. :D

Ah, thanks. Was worried in case no one was home to sign for it but I guess it doesn't matter anyway since it won't fit the letter box.

Edit: ShopTo's preorder system is weird...

Edited by Ike

Wii remote bundle is up at GAME incase anyone wanted to order from them.

Their site isn't working properly at the moment (preorders don't show in your account, but are still) there though so you might want to wait.

That is a disappointingly high price; I'm surprised at Game. They usually go under the RRP. Will keep an eye on it, but might have to lose my Shopto virginity.

It's £54.91 on Amazon.

They have the RRP as £54.99.

I'm not looking to go over £50 for this so maybe I'll have to order from Shop To for the first time also. Although I would expect Amazon to lower their price once the supermarkets get competitive, come on Internet don't make me go to Tesco!

That is a disappointingly high price; I'm surprised at Game. They usually go under the RRP. Will keep an eye on it, but might have to lose my Shopto virginity.

Given their excellent delivery and typically lowest price around, I have to have a pretty good reason not to use ShopTo these days that I'm surprised people go elsewhere aside for preorder gifts/shop exclusive DLC.

In my opinion, Link's lips only look weird in the middle-left picture. He looks like he's puckering up!

In my opinion, Link's lips only look weird in the middle-left picture. He looks like he's puckering up!

And notice how his lips in that hand drawn pick aren't the same as they are in the in game shot from above that it is supposed to be mimicing.

They've removed the colour of the lips and gave him yellow hair. Clearly missing the fact that all the colours are different in the artwork than in game and not just the hair. I think the redrawn mouth does look better but the hair looks far worse because they haven't really thought about why the image looks like it does.

The only time the in game Link has come close to resembling the art work is with Twilight Princess otherwise there are normally quite a few differences. And on this occasion, you have to bet that the Wii just wouldn't be capable of the shading techniques required to get the game looking like the artwork.

They've removed the colour of the lips and gave him yellow hair. Clearly missing the fact that all the colours are different in the artwork than in game and not just the hair. I think the redrawn mouth does look better but the hair looks far worse because they haven't really thought about why the image looks like it does.

The only time the in game Link has come close to resembling the art work is with Twilight Princess otherwise there are normally quite a few differences. And on this occasion, you have to bet that the Wii just wouldn't be capable of the shading techniques required to get the game looking like the artwork.

You've hit the nail on the head there. In the artwork, yes his hair is blonde, but the image also has very heavy shading, thus providing the necessary contrast. The in-game, pastel-type shading couldn't provide enough contrast to show yellow hair.

Also, there is the matter that this is supposed to be an older Link. Blonde hair signifies youth, it doesn't last all that long.

I orderd the bundle and Call Of Duty MW3 Hardend on Game.co.uk so I be geting free expess delivey

Agreed. This is my first order with ShopTo now.

That, and the fact that GAME would tell couriers to hold on to it til Friday for delivery.

I want it for cheap and before released

I want it to be delayed till 2013 and only available in Japan.

I dunno... the comments would be funny.