NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Further evidence would be that the Rito have the Grappling Hook which Meldi states her people used "before they were creatures of the sky" and we know from OOT that the Zora kept those type of items (the Longshot in OOT). And also that the Rito do not have their wings from birth but they have to be given them by Valoo... so in a sense they only really evolved beaks when they moved out of the sea.

EDIT:

Actually in regard to Majora's Mask again... that doesn't even take place in Hyrule, isn't that meant to have been like a different universe/alternate world that Link was transported to?

Majora's Mask takes place before Wind Waker, as MM is a direct sequel to OOT and WW takes place a few hundred years later (and in an alternate timeline depending on which timeline theory you go with.... though I think by now the double timeline/universe thing is widely accepted is it not?)

The alternate timeline also allows for the Zoras to no longer be in Hyrule at the time of Wind Waker yet for them to appear in "future" games (timeline wise) like ALttP which is in the original timeline.

I think his point was more that the salt water / fresh water theory is bollocks due to Zoras appearing in the ocean in MM (oceans being made of salt water).

I always thought it was silly that the Zoras evolved into the Rito... especially after only 100 years.

If you consider that Zoras Domain is in Hyrule and that Hyrule is at the bottom of the ocean, you could say that it would make sense that they left the water to better interact with the other races of Hyrule.

If you consider that Zoras Domain is in Hyrule and that Hyrule is at the bottom of the ocean, you could say that it would make sense that they left the water to better interact with the other races of Hyrule.

Why could you say that? Did Zoras ever do that when they lived in Lake Hylia? Furthermore, not much interaction when you're limiting yourself to one island and they couldn't know that there'd be a huge dragon on top of that island which would grand them the power of flight.

I'm sorry; videogame logic is one thing, but when you're a water race, and the world gets flooded with water......then why would your race not thrive?

I mean, the Gorons we're handled well!

They became lone drifters with only 3 present in the entire game!

Now if two earth races can survive the FLOODING OF HYRULE then WHERE THE FUCK IS THE WATER RACE!!!!!

aosq.jpg

Oef, this is getting out of hand, .....I still love Windwaker though; it's my favourite Zelda of all time!

(I might have to reconsider due to this plot hole now :laughing:)

Edited by Fused King

I think his point was more that the salt water / fresh water theory is bollocks due to Zoras appearing in the ocean in MM (oceans being made of salt water).

I always thought it was silly that the Zoras evolved into the Rito... especially after only 100 years.

This, and yeh the 100yr gap doesn't help.

Also in MM Zora's are present in Clock Town, proving that they don't do too badly out of the water anyway.

The evolution of the Kokori is annoying too... I'd hardly call evolving into a little plant an upgrade... yes they can fly, but the Kokori could have just been gifted fairy type wings if necessary.

And the new race could have just been an offshoot of the Deku species... they're like the deku tree sprout in appearance anyway.

I was reading a few tidbits from the Nintendo Power interview and this popped up.

-quite a few fully orchestrated songs, but not all

Disappointing. I was expecting a fully orchestrated soundtrack for the game. :(

Can they make orchestrated songs interactive? Like how in OoT they pioneered the way the music changed from normal to "danger" if you approached a baddie. I have a feeling they use the midi stuff cos it can be quickly adapted on the fly.

Tbh, I must be one of the last noobs remaining when it comes to game music because for me the Twilight Princess soundtrack sounded fine. : peace:

I think that's the best of both worlds. Synthesised music would work well in certain situations. Orchestrated throughout would have been too much IMO

I was reading a few tidbits from the Nintendo Power interview and this popped up.

-quite a few fully orchestrated songs, but not all

Don't read into that too much. Both Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 had "quite a few fully orchestrated songs, but not all". This tells us nothing. But I'd take a stab that there's probably a similar number when compared to Galaxy 2.

Thing is, if Nintendo have paid for the orchestra, I'm sure they got them to record as many tracks as they wanted whilst they had their trombones out. Any use of MIDI is probably quite deliberate. The best orchestral score I've had the pleasure of experiencing (Dragon Quest VIII) had plenty of MIDI in it.

I hope they don't overuse the standard Zelda 'secret' jingle. In Wind Waker (and probably TP) it was played for EVERYTHING you did. Less is more IMO :)

From Nintendo Power:

Nintendo Power: I heard a rumor that this may be the longest and deepest Zelda game ever made.

Aonuma: It's certainly no rumor what-so-ever. It is definitely a tremendous game- there is so much content that Mr. Miyamoto and I haven't been able to thoroughly play it all. We're obviously in the process of doing the refinement, but the fact that we're still chewing through the content as we go is a testament to the fact that it is a game backed by a tremendous volume of game play and content. When I say volume, its not necessarily just that there's a big world out there to explore. You come to understand the structures of things in your world, and you'll see a broadening of a kind of game play that goes on in these structures as you're playing through. So, that's one way the game has tremendous volume.

:)

Sounds like there may be a lot of side quests to keep us playing after the main arc is finished :) Only concern is we still don't have a release date yet. But a couple of online retailers have suggested 25th November could be the date.

I've always liked a Nov/Dec release date for a Zelda game, not sure why

Probably because it's cold outside so there's no excuse not to play the game?

Lol. Suggesting we would stop playing Zelda to go outside if it was sunny.

Why could you say that? Did Zoras ever do that when they lived in Lake Hylia? Furthermore, not much interaction when you're limiting yourself to one island and they couldn't know that there'd be a huge dragon on top of that island which would grand them the power of flight.

I'm sorry; videogame logic is one thing, but when you're a water race, and the world gets flooded with water......then why would your race not thrive?

Shallow water race innit! They always live around water in open air like! They stand around and stuff! You never find a zora sitting on the seabed. Then there was just islands, so they moved near those. Then they just sorta became land dwellers. It's easily so obvious, duh.

From Nintendo Power:

:)

YES.

TP was big, but shallow. It was stretched thin with not enough asidey stuff, not enough good item use. It had BRILLIANT items, but they were used for about 10 minutes after you finished a dungeon, then like...never again. The home town and stuff was shallow, not enough good/fun/entertaining subgames imo.

Just not enough charm, dammit!

Just not enough charm, dammit!

It really was like two extremes between Wind Waker and TP in that dept.

Kaepora Geabora is by far the worst thing about Ocarina of Time. Each time I see him it makes me not want to carry on.

Likewise, he rambles on too much, and if you accidently say "no" to understanding what he said, it's just one long repeat.

And if was Kaepora Geabora is in Skyward Sword, it would probably be his ancestor or even the same person. The gossip stones in OoT reveal he was a Sage at some point.

Word is he's the incarnation of Rauru.

I think people are taking "evolution" a bit too seriously when it comes to what happened to the Kokori and Zoras in Wind Waker.

I believe the Kokori were probably changed by the Deku Tree. We don't know for what purpose, possibly to make them lighter in order to travel by the Deku Leaves.

The Zora probably also changed due to some spell or something... perhaps the dragon did it.

Release date is 18th November!

Source

(No idea if this was known, been only Holiday for last 2 weeks).