NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mike-zim

top 20 world footballers

"Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho was named FIFA Player of the Year for the second season in a row, finishing ahead of Chelsea's Frank Lampard and his Barcelona team-mate Samuel Eto'o.

Thierry Henry, Adriano and Andriy Shevchenko also finished ahead of Gerrard, but the Liverpool skipper picked up more votes than Kaka, Ronaldo, David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and Zinedine Zidane on his way to finishing in seventh place.

The top 20 were: Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Lampard (Chelsea), Eto'o (Barcelona), Henry (Arsenal), Adriano (Inter), Shevchenko, Gerrard (Liverpool), Kaka, Maldini, Drogba (Chelsea), Ballack (Bayern Munich), Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Zidane (Real Madrid), Ibrahimovic (Juventus), Deco (Barcelona), Riquelme (Villarreal), Robinho (Real Madrid), Beckham (Real Madrid), Rooney (Man Utd), C Ronaldo (Man Utd)."

What are your thoughts? most of it is ok in my opinion but Drogba even being mentioned is a bloody joke.

rooney definetly deserves to be in top 5 i reckon quality strikes runs and passes

he will become a ledgend

I pretty much agree with it except for i reckon Terry should have been in there and Rooney perhaps a little higher.

I think Henry was rated maybe a little bit too high, compared to the season he's been having, which isn't a great one. I have no idea why Drogba has been placed in that list.

whats cristano ,ronaldinho wannabe, ronaldo doin in there?

He's not been having an amazing season, but i do believe that he is a great player. It's not as if he's been voted in the top 5, so i think his position there is fair. I don't really see how he's a ronaldinho wannabe either. Step-overs? Many players did step-overs before Ronaldinho even kicked a football.

I'm just wondering, why is it that Goalkeepers are never even recognised in these things? Goalkeeper's are priceless in the game of football, so isn't it about time they got some recognition, which they greatly deserve?

I think Henry was rated maybe a little bit too high, compared to the season he's been having, which isn't a great one. I have no idea why Drogba has been placed in that list.

Its based on last season not this one. And I would actualy have Henry 2nd to Roanldinho not a bad list really normally these things are rubbish. I wouldnt have Drogba, and Eto'os far to high up it for my liking the ammount of chances he misses a match is laughable. Put me up front for Barcelona with Ronaldinho setting me up and id probably have nearly as good a goal record as Eto'o.

I must be the only person who thinks Didier Drogba is a fucking good player. He has flair, speed but most importantly strength. I rate him.

Sadly I think some players just make it in these list because of past seasons. There is a few playes in the list that I wouldn't have put there but meh.

That list is decent but like some have said, Drogba being in that list is a joke. Eto'o's (2 apostrophes look weird) position is also too high.

Edit: Drogba does not have flair

That list is decent but like some have said, Drogba being in that list is a joke. Eto'o's (2 apostrophes look weird) position is also too high.

Edit: Drogba does not have flair

Are you just being a **** on purpose?

If you have seen Drogba playing for Marseille or Guingamp you would have seen that this guy has ability, even for chelsea he plays well. He might not socre as many goals as other strikers, but this is due to the system chelsea play hence why so many goals come in from their midfield.

If you have seen Drogba playing for Marseille or Guingamp you would have seen that this guy has ability, even for chelsea he plays well. He might not socre as many goals as other strikers, but this is due to the system chelsea play hence why so many goals come in from their midfield.

Aye, he really unsettles defences and also he does bring a lot of creativity to the strike. I mean anyone see that delicate backheel he made in one game.

However, he does seem to spurn quite a few easy chances.

Also, I would rate Owen over him, but that's probably becasue I've seen Owen play pretty much all my life and the fact that he plays for a Newcastle team that cant survive without him really make him seem like a much better player.

Its based on last season not this one. And I would actualy have Henry 2nd to Roanldinho not a bad list really normally these things are rubbish.

Ahhh, i stand corrected. I thought they took this season into account as well. In that case, i think the list is pretty decent the way it is.

WTF? C. Ronaldo 20th best in the world? That's laughable!

How can he be in there when, Pires, Ljungberg and Viera aren't? Hell, you can throw in Man U players such as Van Nistlerooy in there, Chelsea have Terry, Robben, Wright Phillips (damn his brother would go in there ahead of Ronaldo >.>) and there are many more deserving players...... C. Ronaldo is no where near good enough to be in the along with any of them players....

Oh and Drogba is rated way to highly, he has a serious lack of ball control, I mean I'm not going to say he doesn't add to a team he is on (strength mainly) but, with the top 20 in the world you have to be looking for more then that imo.... As you can see I'm not as pissed off as Ronaldo's appearence in that list, but yeah. lol

WTF? C. Ronaldo 20th best in the world? That's laughable!

How can he be in there when' date=' Pires, Ljungberg and Viera aren't? Hell, you can throw in Man U players such as Van Nistlerooy in there, Chelsea have Terry, Robben, Wright Phillips (damn his brother would go in there ahead of Ronaldo >.>) and there are many more deserving players...... C. Ronaldo is no where near good enough to be in the along with any of them players....

Oh and Drogba is rated way to highly, he has a serious lack of ball control, I mean I'm not going to say he doesn't add to a team he is on (strength mainly) but, with the top 20 in the world you have to be looking for more then that imo.... As you can see I'm not as pissed off as Ronaldo's appearence in that list, but yeah. lol[/quote']

I have been restraining myself from commenting those kind of posts, but it seems some of you have something against C.Ronaldo, while I dont watch many premiership games, I know that 20th is a good place for him.

And don't forget this is for ALL players in the world not just the one you think are good in the premiership.

Hope England loses, before encountering Portugal and C.Ronaldo, in the World Cup or he might make you take that back.

PS. I was a bit angry at some posts, sorry if I ofended anyone.

drogba has a serious lack of true class. we are talking best players in the world. he is not 1 of them. he is a striker his job is to score goals. put owen in the chelsea side he would be scoring a hat-trick every week.

drogba has a serious lack of true class. we are talking best players in the world. he is not 1 of them. he is a striker his job is to score goals. put owen in the chelsea side he would be scoring a hat-trick every week.

No he wouldn't, how the fuck can you say that?

No way should C Ronaldo be in it, he has been shit this season. As for someone saying Ljunberg should be there, he has also been pretty piss.

As for someone saying Ljunberg should be there, he has also been pretty piss.

Yeah freddy is having a nightmare of a season. He was at his best in the year we won the double, but since he's been going downhill. He rarely tries to take on full backs anymore, but rather always chooses to pull the ball back to Lauren.

I personally rate Gerrard higher than fat Frank. You can't argue with the number 1 though, Ronaldinho is pure class.

I have been restraining myself from commenting those kind of posts, but it seems some of you have something against C.Ronaldo, while I dont watch many premiership games, I know that 20th is a good place for him.

And don't forget this is for ALL players in the world not just the one you think are good in the premiership.

Hope England loses, before encountering Portugal and C.Ronaldo, in the World Cup or he might make you take that back.

PS. I was a bit angry at some posts, sorry if I ofended anyone.

Maybe your very problem is that you DON'T watch many premiership games.... All the players I listed deserve to be in there ahead of C.Ronaldo. And yeah it isn't only premiership players which makes it even worse that he actually got included in the list! He has players in his own squad that are better then him! Why aren't they in there? Seriously, I wouldn't put him in the top 100 players in the world.

Oh and as for me suggesting Ljungberg, I'm not saying he should actually be in the list, but, if Ronaldo is then he sure as hell should be.

C.Ronaldo > Homo Freddie (my friend saw him holding hands with a man in a fur coat).

Euro 2004, Ronaldo was one of the best players in the tournament, his perfomance against england put him there alone. Let's not forget his perfomance and the 2 goals he scored against Arsenal in the 4-2 defeat at home!

Wright-Phillips had a good season in 2004 but he's still behind the Portugese superstar! Let's face it C.Ronaldo would walk into ANY squad without question.

Drogba? mmm I dunno, just before he left for Chelsea he was shit hot.

C.Ronaldo > Homo Freddie (my friend saw him holding hands with a man in a fur coat).

Euro 2004, Ronaldo was one of the best players in the tournament, his perfomance against england put him there alone. Let's not forget his perfomance and the 2 goals he scored against Arsenal in the 4-2 defeat at home!

Wright-Phillips had a good season in 2004 but he's still behind the Portugese superstar! Let's face it C.Ronaldo would walk into ANY squad without question.

ROnaldo wouldn't walk into any team, too many times I have seen him just fucking about with the ball, he never gets stuck in and work for the team. Freddie Ljunberg is a great player who is just not on fire at the moment.

drogba took Ivory Coast to the world cup

and ronaldo cant seem to put his fathers death and the rape thing behind him, hes a pro and hes still crying over it weeks after. yet earinging more in a week than me in 3 years.

he should switch off while playing football. Tart

Sign in to follow this