NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Freaky Forms: Your creations, alive!

Am I surprised that there isn't a thread for this on here?... No. :laughing:

Disappointed?... Yes. :heh:

Bring Your Pictures to Life

This downloadable application, available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop, lets players easily create all kinds of creatures and objects, some beautiful, some bizarre. The program brings them to life complete with animations and personalities. The player can then take control of them and explore a whimsical game world, which can also be modified with customized creations.

FEATURES:

• Players start with simple shapes like circles and squares and build their creatures in any way they want. They pick the colors and forms, then add legs, eyes and a mouth. Even people with no artistic skills can put together a fun and interesting character.

• Once the newly created creature gets a name and a voice, then it's time to play. It comes to life and the player can control it using simple touch-screen controls. It can be made to walk, jump or even fly through a game world that contains all kinds of magical things to discover.

• As players use their characters to munch on food and investigate their world, they can collect eggs to earn money for additional character-creation tools, or get bonuses that grant them extra power-ups.

• Players can even unlock the ability to redesign elements in the game world. Don't like puffy, white clouds? Make them purple with pink polka-dots.

• The more pictures that a player draws, the larger the game world grows and the more areas there are to explore.

• Players who activate the StreetPassâ„¢ feature can also wirelessly swap characters.

One of the highlights of this years E3 for me, looks mental. :D

This entire video had me in stitches, 3:37 was extra funny though...

Creature does a turd, this somehow leads to a BONUS CHANCE. :heh:

I've not laughed so much in a long time. :laughing:

Man, I need this game NOW! :bouncy:

I saw the trailer yesterday and thought 'why have I not heard of this?'

Turns out I had written about it at some point...

Looks awesome though :D

Another gameplay vid can be seen here.

It shows more of the touch screen and how you control character movement.

Some really funny moments in that vid too. :laughing:

Wish there was a release date for this game... :hmm:

Another gameplay vid can be seen here.

It shows more of the touch screen and how you control character movement.

Some really funny moments in that vid too. :laughing:

Wish there was a release date for this game... :hmm:

The fact that the title is English ought to mean it's coming over here, right?

Now, what we have right here is a game in which the user gets to create content which I'll be all over!

Totally insane, and the jibberish reminds me of Little King's Story:D

Absolutely brilliant!

Some info for this game at last (albeit just for Japan), the official site is up:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jtpj/index.html

toymanufacturingcreativ.jpg

A few new vids on there and a bit more info too:

- assemble parts to create a custom creature

- exchange creatures with other players

- other players can interact with them and use them as models to create their own creatures

- creatures are called "Kunyape"

- they hail from a small planet somewhere

- over 500 parts

- apply color and add pre-made accessories

- create background objects like trees

- play mini games, go out with your Kunyape on "Walking Quests," take pictures of your Kunyape and interact with your Kunyape with AR cards

- Using Spot Pass or QR Codes, you can exchange your Kunyape with other players

- Kunyape you've received in this way can be interacted with and used as models for further creation

- due out in Japan on September 7 for 700 yen

Street/SpotPass, AR Card, QR Codes. icon14.gif

Come on NoE...

:bouncy:

Since the moment this got anounced I've been looking forward to play this!

I really love games where you can create content!

Surely a day one purchase

Ditto. :hehe:

Have you got WarioWare: D.I.Y?

If not, you need to be checking that game out. :wink:

: peace:

I'm really sorry to say that I don't own it :p

But once I have some money I WILL buy it as it's a must have for me!

Well, the Japanese and those with import 3DS systems are having fun with Picture Lives! already:

Why do I get a terrible feeling that we're not getting this game in Europe? :mad:

I'll never forgive Nintendo if it doesn't come out over here. :(

Games that come to the Nintendo eShop: Freaky Forms ™: Your Creations Alive!: Encourages your imagination free rein. Create your own "Formes" from scratch and begin an exploration of a planet full of wonderful surprises. During your quest you will gain access to dozens of new body parts for your creations, and you get even the ability to change the world around you. Share your favorite Formes with others through street Pass ™ and QR codes. Available from November 10, 2011 for € 6, -.
:grin:

A bit close to Zelda/3D Land, but not too bad. :smile:

Just seen the trailer/front page news that contains this. Looks pretty amusing for a cheap laugh. Anyone got it etc? Definitely intrigued, might be something for me to pick up on my 3DS...when I get one! Just wonder if it'll still be funny come that time...

Yes! :grin: I've been waiting all day for Nintendo to put this up! So I popped out for a bit and when I got back it was up. :D

Been playing it so far I've already managed to create the creepiest Formee. xD

It's called Jacobs, his catchphrase is Figs!! and I set his voice to old and low which makes for a hilarious all be it terrifying combination. :p SO RAPEY.

I love this game and I'm not even sure what I'm playing. Currently I'm making FUNKY trees.

It's Nintendo does Loco Roco / Little Big Planet kinda thing... but it does have a certain Nintendoey charm to it.

Is this a proper new Nintendo title? Like.. would be seeing Formies in Smash Bros? Because I mean... I would have happily bought this as a proper 3DS game in the shops...

Also is there an easy way to share what we've created in here? I've made one called Scuttles which is beyond any description.

I don't know if it will work, but I don't see why not. It would also be a very contrived way of doing it, which may not quite answer your original question of whether there's an easy way...

It's a shame there's no online hub a la Flipnote Studio.

...There is no online hub a la Flipnote Studio is there?

So I've played a bit.

So far this is... pretty much identical to Drawn to Life.

I mean, everything's very streamlined and intuitive, but it's the same focus on altering bits of the world as you get to them, and the same not-so-much-focus on the rather simplistic platforming elements.

Maybe there'll be more to it the further I get in, but it's all so familiar so far.

I should stress, I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't played Drawn to Life. It's very well made despite being hugely derivative.

Edited by D_prOdigy
Automerged Doublepost

Sign in to follow this