NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Go Vacation!

I played We Ski and We Ski and Snowboard and so was looking forward to this game. It has not disappointed me in the least. It is everything I thought it would be and more. I have thoroughly enjoyed exploring the various parts of the different resorts; finding the different treasure chests while experiencing the different modes of transportation.

I probably have played more just roaming around more than going into all the different mini games (though I have done that as well.) The snow resort adds to what the other two games had going for them. I love that you have the option to go down from the top of this mountain with a snow tube. There is a mini game at the top of the mountain where you are the "bowling ball" on your snow tube and you knock down snowmen pins as you go down the hill. That game is amazing.

I also really like the dog sled aspect of the game. It's an interesting balance of making sure that I do not make my dog too tired along the way.

BTW, speaking of the dog. As soon as you can get one-be sure to....and take it with you as you free roam the island in all parts of the resort. He will bark when you pass a special place in the game alerting you to something you might miss otherwise. This goes for treasure chests as well as special jumps that give you awards.

I have even roamed on foot....or by swimming to get around slower so I don't miss certain parts of the island. It helped me to see things that I had missed at first.

The city part is enjoyable. I do not go far before I am jumping on something to ride the rails around town. I love jumping on one not knowing where it is going to take me. The ones where I end up on top of some very tall building are my most favorite.

Also, I really have been enjoying the bungee jumping. At first it seemed a bit lame, but then I understood it better and have been going around recently trying to get all the bungee jumping stamps.

I love that there are horses you can ride around and cars and atv's. The whole of everything just makes this game special. The challenges within whether a mini game or some other assignment that you are given gives you much to choose from. I have been playing for 3 weeks and still have things left undone or accomplished.

I am not put off by not being able to connect via wi fi. The game doesn't seem to lend itself to that kind of play. I can play with others in my family if I want to, but for the most part, I get more out of it just playing alone; taking my turn.

There is not a lot of discussion about the various parts of this game. I am hoping to find more people talking about this game that are enjoying it as much as I am.

Post your impressions of the snow area when you reach it. I've read that its magical! :santa:
Don't know where you read that, but it's definitely correct. The snow resort is absolutely stunning! Even more so at night, the multicolour lighting effects bouncing off the snow are simply beautiful. :love:

It's a massive area as well, takes 3 minutes to ski from peak to base and that's at top speed/using the most direct route!

Here's a pic I snapped from my game:

72390661.jpg

Doesn't really do it justice though, you need to see it in motion.

Anyway, I've now played this game A LOT. :heh: And yeah, the more I play the better it gets. There's an insane amount of content! After you obtain all of the activity stamps (and the credits roll) you then have loads of stuff left to collect/find. Silver and gold keys, various gameplay and resort specific awards, secret locations, etc... Not forgetting the customisable villa, which I haven't really messed about with all that much yet, but I have already discovered an incredibly entertaining thing you can do with your Mii, by sitting them on a toilet seat and then performing the angry gesture. :laughing: Didn't think I'd ever see my Mii doing that.

Another thing I didn't expect to see was bullet time pie dodging (The Matrix style), but that's in Go Vacation too. :D

Yep, there are so many neat little touches here and there, I get the impression that seeing them all could be impossible. I can totally understand why this game took almost 3 years to develop now though, put it that way.

I have to mention the racing game too, (mini-Ridge Racer) it's bloody brilliant! :yay: Seriously, it's so much fun to play. Just a shame that the CPU offer next to no challenge at all, if it wasn't for that it might even be the best racer on Wii. :hehe:

There is not a lot of discussion about the various parts of this game. I am hoping to find more people talking about this game that are enjoying it as much as I am.
Indeed. The lack of discussion on this one is hugely disappointing. :(

@Hero\-of\-Time, @tapedeck, @daftada, @killer kirby, did any of you guys get this? :blank:

Edited by RedShell

@Hero\-of\-Time,

Sorry mate but i'm bogged down with other games. Been playing Uncharted 3, Rather & Clank:A4O, Modern Warfare 3, Gears of War 3 and Fifa 12. I have yet to start Yakuza 3 and Halo Anniversary and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection arrives next week! My poor Wii hasn't had a look in. So many games, so little time...

Sorry mate but i'm bogged down with other games. Been playing Uncharted 3, Rather & Clank:A4O, Modern Warfare 3, Gears of War 3 and Fifa 12. I have yet to start Yakuza 3 and Halo Anniversary and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection arrives next week! My poor Wii hasn't had a look in. So many games, so little time...
Whoa, that's a big list. :o

Oh well, I'm sure your Wii be getting a look in next week though... :wink: Right? :blank:

Whoa, that's a big list. :o

Oh well, I'm sure your Wii be getting a look in next week though... :wink: Right? :blank:

I'm hoping it will but to be honest i'm not at all excited for Zelda. I have the special edition preordered but i'm not in a rush to play it. I feel kinda dirty. :nono:

I'm hoping it will but to be honest i'm not at all excited for Zelda. I have the special edition preordered but i'm not in a rush to play it. I feel kinda dirty. :nono:

And you have the cheek to call yourself the Hero-of-Time... :hmm:

And you have the cheek to call yourself the Hero-of-Time... :hmm:

We've been through this before, the SS Link ain't the Hero of Time :D

We've been through this before, the SS Link ain't the Hero of Time :D

Foiled by the split time line theory once again! damnyou.gif

There really isn't much interest surrounding Go Vacation! is there? It does look extremely cool. Welcome to the forum and thanks for giving us your impressions of the game. : peace:

I haven't yet but it's definitely on my radar! I've got £20 gift card for GAME so as soon as I complete Inazuma Eleven and Solatorobo I'll probably pick it up.

Cheers for the impressions too - keep the screenshots coming!

damnyou.gif

I assume that's meant to be some fist shaking.. but that isn't the way I'M seeing it :eek:

You don't have to take that, @Hero\-of\-Time :nono:

As for the picture @RedShell posted, I'm getting a distinctly SSX 3 vibe from it.. but that isn't necessarily a good thing for me!

Played this some more and have really enjoyed it. Love the idea of taking a horse to the top of a mountain and then kayaking down Twilight Princess style but with great motion controls. It's just a great, fun outing. The water pistol game is awesome too. Played that one loads and enjoyed it. This is the kind of game that my inner child just adores. My nephew (12) also loves it and just wants to play this all of the time.

Not played this for a few days now, got distracted by something Freaky. :wink:

But I want to try and get all the keys before Zelda arrives, not sure I'll make it though. :hmm:

How are you doing with the different resort awards/gold keys @tapedeck? I can't find one of the great performance awards on Marine Resort, which is really annoying as I'm sure I've been everywhere. :blank:

Same for level 5 on that missing item game, just can't find it! :shakehead

Say wha___?

Not done anything like that RS! Just been bombing about trying every activity. Now I'm in Link's world my nephew is playing this more than I am. He loves it and plays it all of the time. He was showing me the villa today he's built and loves it. I'll ask him about them and his youthful curiosity will find the answer.

The game is huge though!

I just won this game but haven't got the time to try it out yet. Will have a friend over some time and play it though.

I like the good impressions you guys have. It seems worth my while.

Seems like a Swich version is on the way. How strange.

A few new additions include...

• Marine & Mountain fishing with 30+ species of fish
  • 40+ types of animals to photograph and store in your in-game photo collection
  • Find boxes filled with rewards dropped by a plane

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You really wanted to bump this thread, huh?

I don't blame you.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You really wanted to bump this thread, huh?

I don't blame you.

Why not? Looks to be pretty much the same game. I've been around here long enough to know what games still have threads. :p 

• Haha 2

Just now, MindFreak said:

Pokémon Let's GO Vacation!

Right now, I'd actually legit rather play this Wii port.

Wowzers! :o

Unexpected indeed. Reckon this’ll be a great fit on Switch though, as is pretty much everything. :hehe: Bring on the rest of the Wii ports! :D 

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Right now, I'd actually legit rather play this Wii port.

WAIT. Am I to believe that you don't like the recent rumours about the next Pokémon game? :o

Just now, drahkon said:

WAIT. Am I to believe that you don't like the recent rumours about the next Pokémon game? :o

I know, I'm way too subtle.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this