NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Go Vacation!

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

A few new additions include...

• Marine & Mountain fishing with 30+ species of fish
  • 40+ types of animals to photograph and store in your in-game photo collection
  • Find boxes filled with rewards dropped by a plane

Of course the main thing they should’ve added is online play. I might’ve actually been tempted to pick this up again in that case.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

00:12 - 00:20 = Battle Royale mode confirmed.

I've never heard of this game.

My copy arrived yesterday and I manged to put a couple of hours into last night. The game ain't great.

The amount of loading times between areas and mini games is shocking. While they aren't stupidly long ( about 5-7 secs ) the sheer amount of them is very annoying.

The camera controls are very limited but haven't been updated for the Switch. I was trying to rotate the camera around with the right stick but apparently you can't even do that.

I was hoping that when playing in portable mode or with a pro controller that there would be no motion controls but this isn't the case. I was trying to play a bungie jump mini game where you have to flick the joycons up at just the right time. Trying to do this in portable mode is ridiculous because it takes a stupid amount of movement to actually pull off. The last thing you want to do is start waving your Switch around the place. I even tried it in TV mode and even then the motion controls were sketchy at best. 

They haven't really put a lot of effort into porting this over which is a shame because the base idea is a pretty good one but the execution of it is awful. While not a fully priced game, it is still £30 and even though i've only put 2 hours into it, I can safely say that there are far better games on the eShop that cost a fraction of this price. Methinks this will be getting traded in very soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s a real shame there wasn’t a bit more care put into this port. With further refinement and some online features, it could’ve been fantastic.

Looks like they pretty much just chucked the Wii version on Switch though, hugely wasted opportunity. :hmm: 

:( , so no order from me....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Kounan said:

:( , so no order from me....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

If you’ve never played the Wii version then I imagine it’d probably still be enjoyable. ::shrug: I had a great time with the original game back in the day, but would’ve liked to see a bit more done with this port.

45 minutes ago, RedShell said:

It’s a real shame there wasn’t a bit more care put into this port. With further refinement and some online features, it could’ve been fantastic.

Looks like they pretty much just chucked the Wii version on Switch though, hugely wasted opportunity. :hmm: 

Yeah, had this been ported with some care then it could have been something special, especially as the Switch doesn't really have anything like Wii Sports Resort on it. I'll give it another whirl this evening but I can't see me changing my opinion on it. Honestly, my main gripe is the loading screens. They are so annoying.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Honestly, my main gripe is the loading screens. They are so annoying.

I can imagine. Loading time is pretty much one of the most important things to get right on Switch, long or frequent load screens completely go against one of the main concepts of the console, not to mention the cartridge format.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

If you’ve never played the Wii version then I imagine it’d probably still be enjoyable. ::shrug: I had a great time with the original game back in the day, but would’ve liked to see a bit more done with this port.

I want it for my daughter and probably some family time, but I don't like that the motion controls aren't the best. I will have to wait for @Hero-of-Time to play it a bit more and to decide :). Loading screens should not be a big problem for her.

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They haven't really put a lot of effort into porting this over which is a shame because the base idea is a pretty good one but the execution of it is awful. While not a fully priced game, it is still £30 and even though i've only put 2 hours into it, I can safely say that there are far better games on the eShop that cost a fraction of this price. Methinks this will be getting traded in very soon.

I must say here in the Netherlands I cannot find it anywhere under 50 euros, so not sure if it is a budget title. Got hopes it gets down to half of that pretty soon, as I wouldn't mind a wiggle party game on Switch (who would know I would ever say that!). But I'm missing a game like that when there are friends over or to play with the misses.

I bought the game for my little sister today - okay, I partially bought it for myself too - and we spent the next five hours playing it nonstop. We wouldn't have stopped either, had I not noticed that it was nearly 10 PM and realized that I should probably get back to my apartment. Basically, this game is absolutely fantastic! My mouth almost hurts from laughing and smiling too much.

Really looking forward to our next play session now... my family visits just got 1000% more entertaining! :grin:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this