NEurope
Retro_Link

Darksiders II

Dropped to £29.86 at ShopTo.net

Thats a really good price for the game and all that dlc! Now...if they would just confirm that the other dlc is coming id gladly pick it up again.

One of the worst things is that even on hard it's still really easy.

Gonna have to disagree now. I've just landed on Earth and it's rather tricky. Even worse if you try to walk around using the cannon gun thing.

I didn't get that far. I got bored and stopped playing. But that's encouraging to hear, makes me want to carry on with it.

I remember the first one, on hard, was so challenging to start with and I loved it because of that (and I normally dislike hard games). Definitely got easier but I felt I earned that.

It started to feel like it was improving in difficulty but I must've levelled up to an extent that I could handle it alright. Then you find yourself on Eqrth with a rather large gun in "first person" mod only able to walk. Against the smaller hordes it's alright but slow going. But when a big motherfucker comes along you gotta drop the gun (which takes time) and start scything it up. I think I'm gonna have to do some training. But I'm scared I can't leave. Is there somewhere where you can see how long you have until your next level up?

Edit: pardon shitty spelling. On phone with not much time left on break.

I'm sure there's somewhere on the HUD (although should that be an HDD on the WiiU?), can't remember where exactly. I don't like this levelling thing, I wish they'd kept it like in the first game.

Picked this up from Shopto while its £30 and used all this years reward points so only paid £13.71!

Its a great game, wish i'd picked up the series sooner, loving the amalgamation of DMC and LOZ.

It crashed though after 3 hours play requiring a plug pull..... these issues need sorting

Picked this up from Shopto while its £30 and used all this years reward points so only paid £13.71!

Its a great game, wish i'd picked up the series sooner, loving the amalgamation of DMC and LOZ.

It crashed though after 3 hours play requiring a plug pull..... these issues need sorting

Have you played the first one? If not I suggest finding a way to do so and it's an amazing game.

Have you played the first one? If not I suggest finding a way to do so and it's an amazing game.

No i haven't its been on my to do list for some time, along with Uncharted 3 and some much better games lol!

How much progress did you lose? I assume the save points are reasonably plentiful.

Still considering getting this at some point.

How much progress did you lose? I assume the save points are reasonably plentiful.

No idea yet, i decided not to switch it back on and just play on Skyrim

but i think it autosaved not long before it went funny

There are no save points. It's all autosave unless you specifically select save on the pause menu. But it seems to save a fair bit along the way.

Will there be stock issues eventually with this, given nobody picked up this branch of THQ? Who's still publishing/profitting from it? I want it when I get a Wii U, but I worry I might not find it then.

Darksiders lead designer pretty much confirms series’ end

Sadly, Darksiders is pretty much dead. The IP was one of the few assets that THQ was unable to successfully sell off.

Crytek did pick up a good majority of Vigil staffers – responsible for the Darksiders games – but left the series behind.

Rovio creative director Patrick Liu tweeted earlier this week: “No more Darksiders! :sad: Whyyyyy Crytek…”. Responding to this, Darksiders’ lead designer Haydn Dalton wrote:

“Tis true Pat…sometimes good things come to an end. That’s why you’ve gotta enjoy them while you can.”

And thus Dalton confirms what we all expected at this point: Darksiders is gone.

http://nintendoeverything.com/112763/darksiders-lead-designer-pretty-much-confirms-series-end/

I've been tempted to get this for ages and ages. And even though I have a huge backlog of games I still find myself tempted. It's £23 at shop to, seems like a bargain. I only have asassins creed 3 to finish then I've done all wii u games until the end of march (but have 100 backlog games from ds, 3ds, wii, ps3 and vita)... I dont want to get this if it's meant to be average. Or even just good when I have utter masterpieces to play through on other sustems. For the wii I bought over 100 games, anything remotely good and I never played them as a resault and always promised to be much more strict with 3ds and wii u... But it calls my name when I lay in bed at night...

I've found it pretty fun - a nice mix of Zelda, God of War and Uncharted. I picked it up for 25 quid and have got my moneys worth.

I wish Nintendo had picked up Vigil and got them helping on Zelda, they had a lot of potential.

I wish Nintendo had picked up Vigil and got them helping on Zelda, they had a lot of potential.

Excellent point. Nintendo needs as many studios as possible making big, 3D games like these.

Really great price, I had a spare code going in my inbox. Got the total down to £12.33. :yay:

I've got the limited edition for my Xbox but have yet to play it. Might fob it off as a birthday present for someone else.

Does the Wii U version have most of the DLC included?

Tempted to give the series ago, the first game is £3.99 and the sequel £7.99 on the Playstation Store, so at that price I think I might at least try the original.

It really is a shame that Nintendo or another developer didn't get their hands on the franchise or Vigil themselves; rumours are that Vigil had been working on Darksiders III and had some incredible looking stuff to show for it. Judging by the art design for the first two games, you can only imagine what a next gen game might have looked like!

Tempted to give the series ago, the first game is £3.99 and the sequel £7.99 on the Playstation Store, so at that price I think I might at least try the original.

It really is a shame that Nintendo or another developer didn't get their hands on the franchise or Vigil themselves; rumours are that Vigil had been working on Darksiders III and had some incredible looking stuff to show for it. Judging by the art design for the first two games, you can only imagine what a next gen game might have looked like!

The first game is definitely worth a shot if it's only £3.99 on PSN as it's a great game. I've yet to play the second game but I will get round to it at some point, even if some people have said it's not quite as good as the first. But yeah, give it a go at that price.

I was always under the impression, though, that work hadn't started on Darksiders III. I mean, art design was probably on the go but I didn't think they'd started putting the code down. It was mentioned they were working on something called Project Crawler, which wasn't Darksiders related, and was looking very promising but early. Would have loved to have seen what that was. Such a shame that Vigil is no more, even if the staff are now off at Crytek USA, Retro Studios and other places.

Ah maybe that's the project I heard about... though could that have been a code name for early work on Darksiders III maybe?

I think I probably should give them a go, and probably will. According to IGN's review the sequel really steps up significantly towards the end, so at least it should end on a good note! Just a bit of a shame to play a series that might not have a future. Buy it Nintendo!

Edited by Retro_Link

14.98 on the Hut, too. Except if you enter the code AA10 at purchase, you get 10% off, making a grand total of 13.48. Good price.