NEurope
Retro_Link

Ghost Recon Online

Wouldn't surprise me. Nintendo always realise these things when they're too late and the damage has already been done.

Sp these free games, do they solely rely on microtransactions? I personally hate that method, as you can end up spending more on games you like. And not reward developers who you can play the whole game through and not spend any money, or gamers are willing to spend even more money end u propping the games industry up for the scabs who pay nothing.

Just don't like it. But then know barely anything about it so I may not be that bad.

For starters, there is no such thing as a "free" game when it's a commercial product that still needs to pay for its development costs. You get the odd exception like Team Fortress 2 or "get our game for free until...", but the former payed for its cost long ago and the latter is more a limited marketing campaign than anything.

That means any actual Free2Play game needs to be build around mechanics that are aimed at motivating you to pay for something eventually. From my limited experience with free2play games, the scabs who don't pay would eventually have to pay to be competitive or spend disproportionately more time to achieve the same things as paying players. ;)

Yeah that's what I thought. And I detest the model. Means people who pay more can be powered up and such. Really really hate it. Would rather just pay for it once and that's it!

Wouldn't surprise me. Nintendo always realise these things when they're too late and the damage has already been done.

So these free games, do they solely rely on microtransactions? I personally hate that method, as you can end up spending more on games you like. And not reward developers who you can play the whole game through and not spend any money, or gamers are willing to spend even more money end u propping the games industry up for the scabs who pay nothing.

Just don't like it. But then know barely anything about it so I may not be that bad.

Altough it's hard to believe, f2p is extremely profitable. Crytek just announced they will stop making regular games and focus solely on f2p.

Since the games are free they get a huge customer base, and when people start buying small items they get hooked. Lord of the rings online is a great example, before they went free to play they where losing money. Now it's a huge success.

One thing that is a big focus is that it's not pay2win. But that you can invest cash instead of time or get exlusive items/looks.

And the way the business model would work is that Nintendo gets a percentage of each micro transaction. That way it would be very profitable for Nintendo aswell. The more f2p games the more money trickle inn to Nintendo withouth they doing any work.

Yeah that's what I thought. And I detest the model. Means people who pay more can be powered up and such. Really really hate it. Would rather just pay for it once and that's it!

I do understand that people don't like this model, but there's a huge chance you will try a good looking free game instead of having to invest full price for.

Edited by DiemetriX

FFS... this actually had some great uses for the controller too. Thought all had been too quiet about this. Reminds me of when I got excited about a decent 3D Gundam game peeking it's head out around the release of the DS... that vaporised too.

This comes as no surprise at all to me. I think Future Soldier released to mixed reviews. I also feel that Ghost Recon Online was a strange choice for the Wii U. It's a free to play game. I'm not sure how Ubisoft ever intended to launch a free to play game on the PC then charge full wahck for it on consoles. A bit of an odd decision.

Ghost Recon is not the franchise it used to be. I was a MASSIVE fan of GRAW 1+2 but I never picked up FS due to the negative reviews from both the media and my friends.

It's still sad to see this kind of thing happening but at the same time I don't think it's a big loss.

Yeah it's a bit of a shame but tbh I always thought this game was gonna bomb hard on Wii U anyway!

However, I'd absolutely LOVE Rainbow Six Patriots to come to the Wii U.

Is there a release date? or some new info about this game?

because i was really looking forward to this game when it was first anounced.

Is there a release date? or some new info about this game?

because i was really looking forward to this game when it was first anounced.

I think the last we heard it was "on hold". Make of that what you will. With any luck it'll be brought back to light in the N-Direct on 3rd party software... :hmm: