NEurope
S.C.G

F-Zero WX... what 'you' want so see in the next F-Zero.

It's time...

F-ZeroWX

'The original anti-gravity racer returns and this time You really are the pilot, utilising the front-facing camera inside the controller you can introduce yourself to the cast of F-Zero as the game takes your image and draws you a character in keeping with the games actual style; what's more is you can then make your own entire avatar that becomes part of the ever-expanding character roster, be a hero with F-Zero!

Of course characters are just but one facet to the game as it would be nothing without the crafts themselves and with the power of the Wii U it's now possible not only to design your own emblems in a more detailed way than before by utlising the camera to import your own textures but also to design individual ship parts so that you can create your own racing machine; customisation just got taken to a whole new level.

Naturally this latest entry features many of the classic tracks that have become part of F-Zero history including Big Blue and of course Mute City, not only are these brought to life once more in glorious HD but now for the first time worldwide on a home console you will be able to create your own tracks using the most intuitive track creation tool ever, the Wii U controller.

Speaking of controls there are multiple ways available to you and with backwards compatiblity included in the console you can of course use your Wii-Remote + Nunchuk or even the Classic Controller Pro but perhaps the most exciting is using the Wii U controller as not only does it feature both motion control plus standard button presses depending on your preferences but it also puts you in the pilot seat like never before allowing you to look beyond the TV screen and around the craft as your character that you designed, this is how anti-gravity was always meant to be.

Of course all of this user-created content is exciting but it would be foolish to forget about the characters and their ships that made the series what it is today and so a complete roster of characters from past games is included along with a few new characters you've yet to be introduced to; what's more is that every character in this new entry has their own mini-story mode to play through which both fills you in on their story and provides a short but sweet experience in addition to the rest of the games content which is greatly expanded.

There are multiple leagues for you to race across featuring many stunning tracks plus not only a main story mode for either your character or any of your favourites to play through but an expanded challenge mode too which is even more punishing than the one previously featured in F-Zero GX a bold claim indeed but one that we're sure fans of the series will appreciate.

All of the above is fantastic news for the single player but what about when you wish to battle it out against fellow pilots? Well fear not because not onle is four-player split-screen included as standard, if you're using the new controller then you can opt to have your segment rendered independently on your own screen with absolutely no lag; and speaking of lag-free our online multiplayer features up to sixteen players with the option of filling the rest of the spaces with fully programmable bots but no dips in the framerate, F-Zero is here online and it's here to stay!

Excited? You should be! So the question on all of your lips is surely going to be when... when is this game released? 12:12:12 this is the one simple date that you need to remember why? because including every single F-Zero game released up until now - including japan exclusive SNES experiments, the expansion kit and AX - this will make F-Zero WX the twelth game in the long-running series but wait we here you cry... that would mean it's the eleventh entry, you would be right there... if it wasn't for the imminent release of F-Zero 3D coming to the 3DS in summer 2012! featuring many classic tracks, full online, in full 3D and of course cross-compatibility with F-Zero WX.

F-Zero is back and in a big way, and best of all... it's here to stay!'

Annnnnnnnd now weep in the realisation that this game isn't real... :cry:

However it is my vision for the future of the series, possibly a tad unrealistic but hey this is what forum dreams are made of right? :p And basically I wanted all of your thoughts on it but more importantly...

'What's your F-Zero vision for the future?'

It's bound to happen sometime over the lifetime of both the 3DS and Wii U so why not start dreaming - and creaming - now? :D

Edited by S.C.G

^ Personal preference, I feel the name F-Zero WX would suit it better, especially as the Wii part of the name is more prominent plus it would have been called this if we got to see the game on the the Wii - which we didn't - but being that the Wii U is essentially a Wii HD but with bucketloads of potential it kind of makes up for the fact that it 'skipped' a generation...

... assuming that it happens, which it will... it had better! :blank:

Let me finish GX (the one and only F-Zero I'll be playing up 'till now) and I'll get back to you.

Brilliant online is a must!

Annnnnnnnd now weep in the realisation that this game isn't real... :cry:

If/when an F-zer0 Xu comes out then I promise you, S.C.G, that you will be the first one I target that'll be X'd out of the race :awesome: .... Consider yourself warned!

I saw this thread and knew it was a 'What would you like to see?' thread, but when I finally broke in and started reading for peoples hopes, I actually thought "OH IT'S REAL?!?!?!" and I actually screamed out "WOAH SHIT!!" a few times, .... then I thought something seemed rather unofficial, so I calmed down, .... then I saw that you were punkin' us all, then :weep: .... I weeped!

It's bound to happen sometime over the lifetime of both the 3DS and Wii U

I wouldn't bet on it.

Sega should hassle them about the IP, buy it off them if necessary.

If it's left to Nintendo I wouldn't be surprised if we never see another F-Zero ever again.

Never thought id say this, but id like a casual mode. GX made me want to shake babies

I wouldn't bet on it.

Sega should hassle them about the IP, buy it off them if necessary.

If it's left to Nintendo I wouldn't be surprised if we never see another F-Zero ever again.

:grin: You don't know SEGA very well do you?

This is tough for me personally because GX was a PERFECT game for everything I like. I LOVE tough games so I wouldn't change a thing..

Few things though

1: Big one is ON-LINE play.

2: Better design on the cars.

3: 4 player split screen. I don't give a shit if it's 30 player on-line.

4: Basic weapons.. Let's face it spinning on the spot looks weird... I did enjoy the side smashing attack though. SOOO satifying.

5: PLEASE let Amusement vision do it. Nintendo in-house would fuck it up. If miyamoto knocks on the door LOCK IT!

I'd be happy with an HD remake of GX with online play. But then if we want a sequel I'd say just keep everything but new tracks and characters.

Keep the campness please. And a better vehicle design mode.

GX needs to be the template for this game. Just like Melee was for Brawl. It was pretty much perfect, a great selection of Grand Prixs, good story mode, nice multiplayer, good graphics and sound and add-ons such as a create your vehicle.

I'd like to see an elaboration on some of these aspects. More quality tracks, but also more variation between the tracks. I'd love to see some tracks set in space, or orbiting a planet or something. Something quite "out there."

They need to keep the essence of the game which is the speed and allowing you to have plenty of moments when you can get to maximum speed. Twisting and turning tracks. Maybe a track editor? That would be lovely.

Content is what I'd like to see. Lots of unlockables, movies to unlock without the game, soundtracks, stuff like that.

GX needs to be the template for this game. Just like Melee was for Brawl. It was pretty much perfect, a great selection of Grand Prixs, good story mode, nice multiplayer, good graphics and sound and add-ons such as a create your vehicle.

I'd like to see an elaboration on some of these aspects. More quality tracks, but also more variation between the tracks. I'd love to see some tracks set in space, or orbiting a planet or something. Something quite "out there."

They need to keep the essence of the game which is the speed and allowing you to have plenty of moments when you can get to maximum speed. Twisting and turning tracks. Maybe a track editor? That would be lovely.

Content is what I'd like to see. Lots of unlockables, movies to unlock without the game, soundtracks, stuff like that.

I copy and paste this from you reallly. This basically is the general idea of mine too roughly.

The bolded part is precisely why I wouldn't want any items ever in F-zer0. Keep that for MARIO KART. FZ is a racer, and it's about piloting techniques and track knowledge. You have the ship-barge and the rotation-wallop to use skillfully to damage or slow down your opponents.

But I fear weapons will maybe make an appearance (so a 'certain crowd' will have higher chances to taste victory to enjoy the game :nono: ) if an FZ does finally come. If so, then at the very least, very, VEEERY basic weapons lol.

Never thought id say this, but id like a casual mode. GX made me want to shake babies

I'm not sure what you mean by a casual mode.

Well, the story missions were a pure pain in the butt. And also I didn't like that you had to buy the missions to play them.

Basically, I'd just like a track editor and an onlinemode.

What do I want to see in the next F-Zero game..... and actual F-ZERO GAME

Maybe Nintendo should outsource the series to the peeps who made FAST on the WiiWare

Maybe Nintendo should outsource the series to the peeps who made FAST on the WiiWare

FAST wasn't fast enough, has to be Sega AV.