NEurope
welsh_gamer

Modern Warfare 3

I love you @Beverage you're absolutely nuts... but in a match versus me you'd need both the knife and the grenade to give yourself some kind of small, minute, almost non-existant chance of surviving.

Edited by Kav

I want to buy an Xbox just for this feature !

No doubt someone *cough *. Zechs * cough will be the first to see if they have added anything in the wii version for anti RQ

Edited by ben

Yeah I called GameStop yesterday to ask if they had this for Tuesday and they said no.... at first the guy said it wasn't out on Wii till the 18th which almost gave me a heart attack and I prolly would have cancelled the preorder if it were true (what with Zelda on the 18th an all) but then he checked the computer and said the 11th.

Though I likely won't see ye online on the 11th as will be watching the 1st leg of the Ireland vs Estonia playoff so I won't be on till Saturday.

(Also will be missing on Tuesday the 15th as have tickets to the 2nd leg of the play off in Dublin, WOOT)

Well the thread title needs a change now, it's not out on the 8th. Word is there's no known release date for the PAL version and the date of the 11th is just a placeholder date as there's been no official word regarding it's availability.

Bollocks... why the fuck did I book this week off work?! Activision are such fuckers!

It looks like it's defo Friday for us :(

I've heard the US release and the Australian release is still today. So expect screens and vids to start pouring in tonight!

I'm not looking forward to seeing any. Not whilst I'm off all week as I was expecting to be buying the game at midnight and playing it all week... ABSOLUTE TWAT BASTARDS!

And the first poorly filmed, grainy footage emerges:

EDIT: This was a live stream and now contains nearly two hours of footage of the game!

http://www.justin.tv/ifeartruth#/w/2034635504

I have managed to pick up some things from snippets on forums:

Survival Mode is IN

Spec Ops Missions don't look as if they are

Call Signs and Emblems are IN

5 vs 5 in regular matches, but apparently higher player counts allowed in private matches!

I think the usual streaks are cut

Edited by Zechs Merquise

From another forum

Call signs are in for the wii

Assault-

UAV

CARE PACKAGE

I.M.S

Sentry Gun

Precision air strike

attack chopper

strafe run

AH-6 OVERWATCH

ASSAULT DRONE

PAVE LOW

JUGGERNAUT

so for assualt

no predator missle

no reaper

no AC 130

no osprey gunner

Anyone in the uk got a copy ????

From another forum

Call signs are in for the wii

Assault-

UAV

CARE PACKAGE

I.M.S

Sentry Gun

Precision air strike

attack chopper

strafe run

AH-6 OVERWATCH

ASSAULT DRONE

PAVE LOW

JUGGERNAUT

so for assualt

no predator missle

no reaper

no AC 130

no osprey gunner

Anyone in the uk got a copy ????

I was just gonna post that as I saw these pics:

ZQUQ3.jpg

BAHzq.jpg

Looks like I was right about the killstreaks :)

First footage on Youtube, looks far better than it did on the livestream I posted earlier!

Enjoy!

Some 1-P footage....looks better than BO already with none of the frame rate issues noticed thus far.

So anyone know for certain when it's out here? (Irl)

Edited by edza

Amusing quote from Metacritic.

This is the BEST map pack for MW2 so far. It's a little over priced though, they're usually like $15. There is a glitch however- usually my profile carries over from one map pack to the other, but this time my stats reset.

Cheers Zechs and edzza for the vids.

I've stuck up and article on the front page with both vids and credited both of ye http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16556

@edzza I called Gamestop in Waterford on Sunday and asked about it and they told me the 11th.

All the major UK online shops (play, amazon etc) also say the 11th... however I did spot that Amazon France says the 30th :heh:

@edzza I called Gamestop in Waterford on Sunday and asked about it and they told me the 11th.

Cheers dude, will just have to wait 'til then so. :(

EDIT: Liking the look of this level - looks like a mix of my previous fave CoD levels.

...and more 1-p....nice :)

Edited by edza

Some 1-P footage....looks better than BO already with none of the frame rate issues noticed thus far.

...and more 1-p....nice :)

Visually it doesn't look all that great to me if I'm honest, at least from these city levels. The cityscape from the helicopter looked poor.

I don't believe this is the best MW3 the Wii is capable of.

Visually it doesn't look all that great to me if I'm honest, at least from these city levels. The cityscape from the helicopter looked poor.

I don't believe this is the best MW3 the Wii is capable of.

I've no doubt it could be better if it was built from the ground up for Wii but given it's a speedy port, I'm surprised this level made it.

I saw a preview of this on the more powerful consoles and was well impressed but they seem to have parred it down so that the frame rate keeps up.

Amusing quote from Metacritic.

Haven't you got some embarrassing youtube videos to make about the latest junk food you've been shovelling in your hamster face?

Shoo troll! Get back under your bridge (or in your case to where ever you manage to acquire your burgers), we're here to discuss the game!

Lag shooting? Thats going take me a while to get used to isn't it?

Is that how they've attempted to fix host lag?

Two points... I have played the PC version of the first level. And I'm actually quite shocked at how close the Wii version looked to it. They seem to have got the single player spot on and it actually looks better than Black Ops in terms of size, scope and stability.

As for lag shooting:

Firstly, it's early days yet. Black Ops had problems when me and Kav first played at the midnight launch. Those problems persisted on and off for the first 2 weeks. It may well be teething issues.

Secondly, maybe they had to revert back to the odd style of hosting to prevent Wii's breaking or to to stop the host lag issues. I don't know.

Thirdly, although people are reporting lag shooting, they're not reporting host lag or crashing - which is pleasant. Let's all stay calm and see how it turns out! Hopefully we should know by friday.

I'll do a round up of the best vids on Youtube and post them up later on the forum.

Thanks to Mokong for doing the front page article, but seriously - hasn't the N-E website got a better graphic to illustrate MW3 than cropped cover art from COD3 which was a launch title?

I dub this the friendliest thread on the forum right now.

The Call of Duty fans sure are a bunch of lovable rascals.

I dub this the friendliest thread on the forum right now.

The Call of Duty fans sure are a bunch of lovable rascals.

Thanks Magnus, we love you too!