NEurope
Serebii

Super Pokémon Rumble

I hope you didn't move your birthday celebrations up because of this game. :heh:

I hope you didn't move your birthday celebrations up because of this game. :heh:

I did. When I'm in game coverage mode, I barely leave my work environment.

According to Famitsu, the main game takes like 20 hours to go through

How awesome is that?

Fun fact

Pokémon Rumble Blast is the Pokémon game to contain the highest amount of Pokémon without need to trade or connect with another version.

All 646 current Pokémon are available in it, with every form accessible

That's quite impressive, and it will certainly help the longevity and replayability of the game. I'll be sure to pick it up.

Another note, there is Street Pass functionality in this game with you battling people's Pokémon who you pass, but also unlocking legends as you meet people.

HOWEVER, if you don't use Street Pass, you can spend Play Coins earned in it to bring random people in and it counts :) 10 coins = 1 person

Speaking of I streetpassed with someone with this today (he was Japanese).

Another note, there is Street Pass functionality in this game with you battling people's Pokémon who you pass, but also unlocking legends as you meet people.

Do you control the battle yourself, or does it play out like the figure battles in Street Fighter 4?

You control them yourself. It logs the trainer and their Pokémon and you then battle out when you return to the game

Serious answer;

It's good fun. It is similar to the past one in how the levels are rather plain but it works out. Lots of levels, lots of things to do, great narrative, great graphics.

Seriously, the 3D is awesome. It is just as if you were looking down on a table to play with toys.

I've been rushing through the story, had about 6 hours play and am about 70% through the storyline. Not been returning to areas to get other Pokémon or anything. There is good substance to this game

European release in December (why must they still delay releases like this) and called Super Pokémon Rumble

Can one of the mods edit the topic to include both US and EU titles? Cheers

So...

Super Pokemon Scramble - Pokemon Rumble Blast - Super Pokemon Rumble

Why didn't they just keep the original name? Now they've just taken the worst parts of both previous names... either that or they could have just named it Super Pokemon Rumble to start with and then we would have nothing to compare it to and thus not as much to complain about. :laughing:

In all seriousness though, silly renaming aside, the game sounds both decent and enjoyable.

Shame this is out in December - I doubt many people will choose this over Super Mario 3D Land or Mario Kart 7. And with Skyward Sword and the two Kirby games also coming out in this period, I have a feeling that Super Pokémon Rumble is going to be towards the bottom of many gamers' wishlists. :(

I sure hope that Starfox 64 3D is going to be enough to keep me busy for two months, but somehow I doubt it..

I will be supporting this game come December, infact I want it more than Mario Kart 7. As I said before I LOVE the WiiWare original and highly recommend everyone picks it up before the sequel arrives.

I sure hope that Starfox 64 3D is going to be enough to keep me busy for two months, but somehow I doubt it..

The VC and Ambassador program games should keep you busy. :D

I will be supporting this game come December, infact I want it more than Mario Kart 7. As I said before I LOVE the WiiWare original and highly recommend everyone picks it up before the sequel arrives.

Somehow I read supporting as importing and my thought process spiralled like this:

• does he know the 3DS is region locked? :wtf:
  • did he import a 3DS now the price has been cut? :wtf:
  • maybe this is a DS game and not a 3DS game? :wtf:
    *checked box art on previous page. definitely a 3DS game* :confused:
  • came back to ask what you're on about
  • reread post before posting aaand there we have it: SUPPORTING. :blush::woops:

I played the demo on WiiWare and thought it was good. I did wonder if the full game would feel repetitive and never got round to buying it cos it cost somewhere in the region of a zillion points. :heh:

What's great about this game is that there's a narrative to it. A good one too! Well I say good, it's not amazing but still...better than the WiiWare Dungeon narrative; "Farfetch'd lost some chocolate...can you find it?????" Awful ¬¬.

What's great about this game is that there's a narrative to it. A good one too! Well I say good, it's not amazing but still...better than the WiiWare Dungeon narrative; "Farfetch'd lost some chocolate...can you find it?????" Awful ¬¬.

I didn't mind the narrative ( or lack of one ) in the first game. The gameplay and the collecting aspect are what made the game for me.

I've always been fond of the chunky 3d models that the wiiware versions used!

This game looks like a must have then! I'm really looking forward playing through the story mode!

European release on December 2nd 2011...it's so going to get overshadowed by Mario Kart

ShopTo is saying my pre order is released in 10 days, everywhere else I look seems to say 2nd December. Does ShopTo know something everywhere else doesn't? :confused: