NEurope
gaggle64

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen

This blatantly isn't getting released anymore surely!

probably not, but i can't help thinking how its amusing that this game deserves a HD remake more than any other game

but then they need to release a patch to fix the plot and all the terrible gameplay too.....

Goes without question.

Patch released with following fixes on X360:

General:

Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.

Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.

Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.

Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.

Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.

Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.

Addressed some issues where multiplayer / co-op clients could see interactive objects displayed in a different state.

Fixed a bug affecting voiceovers with the Firing Range bonus content.

Addressed an issue where Ripley's Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.

Addressed a rare issue that could cause Achievements to not unlock properly.

General user interface improvements.

Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Campaign:

Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.

Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.

Added safeguards to prevent players from using a weapon in the weapons-suppressed portion of "One Bullet."

Modified Bella and Reid's behavior in "No Hope in Hadley's" to prevent them from spawning at the wrong point.

Versus:

Fixed issues that could clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.

Addressed instances where a map would appear to "pop in" when loading into a new match.

Addressed an issue that was could cause stutter when opening the multiplayer scoreboard.

Switching profiles while in a lobby now returns players to the title screen immediately.

Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.

New Xeno appearance customization added.

No news on the Wii U version? It's all gone pretty quiet on that front! I can see it being quietly shelved now. Due to the critical panning of the other versions and the internet shit storm over Gearbox's piss poor handling of the IP I can't see a Wii U version selling well at all, unless it was an entirely different game!

it depends, Its highly likely to be shelved, but there is also a possibility its being delayed and repaired, If i were Nintendo i'd delay it while October and plow money into fix it so they had a system selling game

but i don't run nintendo so its probably shelved indefinitely

it depends, Its highly likely to be shelved, but there is also a possibility its being delayed and repaired, If i were Nintendo i'd delay it while October and plow money into fix it so they had a system selling game

I'm hoping by October Nintendo are ready to pull out some of their seriously big guns, if they're relying on Aliens CM come October, then things really will be in a poor state!

Having played through the 360 version I honestly don't think it's worth salvaging. There is so much wrong with the game that it would need a complete over haul. It's a shame as the potential is there, but the effort that would be required to bring it up to scratch just wouldn't be worth it.

Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U is scheduled to launch by the end of the month, but Gearbox Software is not sure if the game will make it or not.

"We'll see," CEO Randy Pitchford told GameSpot today.

"That's not our call. I think [developer Demiurge Studios] did amazing work. I think it's really cool, but Sega's got to figure that out," he added. "We're doing the best we can."

Gearbox did not have a direct hand in developing Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U, but Pitchford reportedly sees the game "regularly."

Sega and Demiurge have two times declined to comment on the status of Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U. Sega told GameSpot today, "No news."

The Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions of the game were met by a cold critical reception at launch in February, though it was the month's sixth-best-selling title in the United States during that month, according to NPD data.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-e...ml?sid=6405809

Incredibly disappointed in how all this has played out, especially considering the Wii U version was supposed to be the definitive version all along, an now it doesn't even get anything. Fuck off.

Incredibly disappointed in how all this has played out, especially considering the Wii U version was supposed to be the definitive version all along, an now it doesn't even get anything. Fuck off.

A polished turd is still a turd, i know we arent exactly rolling in games but this is one game i think the WiiU can afford to lose. I was as excited as anyone when a Gearbox developed Aliens game was announced but its arrived and no amount of bug fixing or rejigging of controls is going to make a bad game good. Its a real pity too, the last good Alien game in recent memory was that Aliens vs Predator shooter from Rebellion back in the 2000s.

whale.jpg

Gearbox have certainly gone down in my estimation with the way that they have handled this. Sega, too. Disgraceful really. From what I know, the game was meant to be released last month. So, how has it gone from being released for the WiiU, to not being ready in time, to just cancelling it altogether? A right mess, it is.

Still can't believe how monumentally this has failed. Not sure if we'll see anything like this happen again.

Don't even want to muster a humorous "finally some positive Wii U news" because this whole affair has been pretty tragic. Don't really feel any sympathy for Gearbox, I rather feel for the simple fact that a hugely promising-looking game ended up being the terribad omnishambles it was.

Disappointed - No.... dispite all the hopefullness of "maybe the Wii U version is totally different it was made by a different studio" it obviously wasnt gonna happen like that.

Surprised? A little I guess. After all the talking up of teh Wii U version that Gearbox did pre-WiiU Launch I would have expected the Wii U version was getting the priority treatment.

Now after being delayed to postponed to now cancelled... seems it was more a mere after thought :(

The biggest shame though is I knew a few people who would have bought a Wii U to play this game on it (obviously they expressed these thoughts before the release of the other versions)

I think another reason for the disappointment was that, before the Wii U was released, this game seemed to be a statement of "Look, the Wii U will have great 3rd party support" - even to the point where a fair amount of people speculated that it could even be a timed exclusive.

I think another reason for the disappointment was that, before the Wii U was released, this game seemed to be a statement of "Look, the Wii U will have great 3rd party support" - even to the point where a fair amount of people speculated that it could even be a timed exclusive.

Whilst this is/was all true, those feelings were had when the game was still in a stage of turning out good. Or, even better than that, it looked excellent. I have no doubt in my mind that had this game been better received, it would have seen a release on the WiiU.

The franchise in general is being dragged through the mud. The films themselves (anything after Alien3) are pretty terrible (those AvP films...yuck). AvP3 (the game) was rushed and had lots of problems. It's a shame, because had this game turned out like it was initially promised, it would have reinvigorated the series.

I guess the BEST VERSION of Aliens Colonial Marines is one that doesn't actually exist. Brilliant.

I guess the BEST VERSION of Aliens Colonial Marines is one that doesn't actually exist. Brilliant.

Well at least he wasn't lying about the Wii U version being the definitive one :laughing: