NEurope
gaggle64

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen

Does this version even have a release date yet? The game's out tomorrow for the other systems...

I was going to post that review from ITNewsAfrica - 7.9 but I didn't have time this morning. Now it's pulled, it was the first review I read. They weren't happy at all really with the game so I was surprised when at the end they still gave it 7.9. They said it was very generic, linear and they complained about constantly stopping to look at your scanner interrupting gameplay. The Wii U version shouldn't have this problem at least.

I don't hold out much hope for the Wii U version improving things to the extent of Ninja Gaiden 3, unless Nintendo QC hauled it in to help out. If that is the case the delay could be longer than expected, and possibly not worth it anyway.

One thing that does seem to have been done right, from the intro at least, is the music. Kevin Riepl wasn't blagging when he said he was going for the Goldmith/Horner vibe.

I would like to capitalise on the lukewarm reviews for this to heartily recommend WayForward's superb 2D DS shooter Aliens: Infestation, which I believe was reviewed on N-E by some sexy bastard, even though I've misplaced the link.

Infestation really is superb. Need to finish that.

More of that please. Would play that again on the Eshop is possible.

Infestation really is superb. Need to finish that.

More of that please. Would play that again on the Eshop is possible.

thanks.. never got round to getting this.

just ordered off amazon.

thanks.. never got round to getting this.

just ordered off amazon.

Good man! :D

It can be tough at times. The best part about the game is the fact that if one of your characters dies, that's it. They are gone. It makes you care about each one. :p

Good man! :D

It can be tough at times. The best part about the game is the fact that if one of your characters dies, that's it. They are gone. It makes you care about each one. :p

copped it as well

Former Gearbox dev says Aliens: Colonial Marines development was a trainwreck, primary dev done by TimeGate

Coming from superannuation...

Ex-Gearbox dev in May 2012: "I am expecting [Colonial Marines] to be average at best." Also said "development of that game has been a total train wreck," and Gearbox only was handling multiplayer, with TimeGate as primary dev.

Here's the full statement from that ex-Gearbox dev...

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for Colonial Marines. I used to work at Gearbox, and the development of that game has been a total train wreck, going on what, 6 years now? Gearbox isn't even making the game, except for the multiplayer. Primary development was outsourced to TimeGate Studios, which has a less than stellar past. I hope it proves me wrong, as I still have alot of friends still working at Gearbox, but I am expecting it to be average at best.

Seeing the early review scores for the title certainly makes it seem like there's some big trouble with the game. Maybe I won't be holding out for that Wii U version.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196001

i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

Is that just referring to the WiiU version, or all of them? If so, Gearbox ONLY did the multiplayer? That can't be right.

The GAME is a trainwreck, not the Wii U version, but the game in general across all platforms. It's basically average at best, disaster at worst:

Eurogamer 3/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-12-aliens-colonial-marines-review

IGN 4.5/10

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/aliens-colonial-marines-360ps3-review

Gamespot 4.5/10

http://uk.gamespot.com/aliens-colonial-marines/reviews/aliens-colonial-marines-review-6403683/

Those are the first reviews I've seen from 'credible sites'.

So, these are the developers:

Sega presents

With 20th Century Fox

A Gearbox Software production of

A TimeGate Studios

Demiurge Studios

Nerve Software

and Gearbox Software game.

This game sounds like an a complete disaster. Good luck trying to push the Wii U version with reviews like that.

I'm really upset by this.

The game had a ton of potential that just seems to be wasted :(

With the release list being so sparse the Wii U needs every quality title it can get its hands on. It looks at this stage, that unfortunately this game can be crossed off peoples lists.

Same as ZombiU! If this game is supposed to be as broken and guff as is being made out, I hope Gamespot offer an apology to Wii U owners and ammend their score for ZombiU to a more suitable mark. Won't happen, but just goes to show how disappointing Gamespot have become. And how disappointing this game has turned out to be across the board :(

I'm really upset by this.

The game had a ton of potential that just seems to be wasted :(

I started to panic when I saw those aliens with the lime green 'blobs' all over them...

Same as ZombiU! If this game is supposed to be as broken and guff as is being made out, I hope Gamespot offer an apology to Wii U owners and ammend their score for ZombiU to a more suitable mark. Won't happen, but just goes to show how disappointing Gamespot have become. And how disappointing this game has turned out to be across the board :(

Gamespot are often complete dicks to Nintendo titles and seem to get worse as time goes by.