NEurope
gaggle64

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen

Well the multiplayer didn't look all that good/inspired from the video's, so maybe they're putting a great deal more effort into that, as it's normally a pretty big selling point with the Alien games; the Alien Vs games at least.

US Pre-Order / Collectors Edition etc...

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/05/31/aliens-colonial-marines-ce-and-pre-order-promos-deliver-exclusive-characters-levels-and-more/

aliens_cm_ce-640x360.jpg

Basically, a $100 Collector’s Edition and a GameStop-exclusive pre-order offer deliver a multitude of unique and exclusive content from the Aliens universe, including four playable characters from the original 1986 movie for competitive multiplayer.

Here's the full rundown of what you can expect:

---

GameStop (North America) Exclusive Pre-Order Content for Competitive Multiplayer:

• Four Playable Movie Characters

o Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.

• Additional Marines Character Customization Options

• Ripley’s Flamethrower

The Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector’s Edition (US $99.99):

• High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box

• Four Playable Movie Characters

o Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.

• Additional Marines Character Customization Options

• Ripley’s Flamethrower

• Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons

o Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers

o Phase Plasma Rifle

• Exclusive Game Level

o USCM Academy Firing Range

• USCM Dossier

o Mission Brief

o USS Sephora Schematic

o Recruitment Card

o LV-426 Recon Photo

o USCM Iron-on Badges

o USCM Graduation Certificate

That statue looks much better than the one shown a few months ago.

Amazon only here in the UK.

UPDATE: The Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition is exclusive to Amazon in the UK, Sega has confirmed.

Just had a fantastic idea about this game that would link into Miiverse.

In a lot of AVP games you find message pads lying around with parts of memos and diary entries which often reveal a lot more. Can you imagine if these were somehow generated by users? Whether it be that they voice the script for the entry or create something themselves on how they died.

I think that would be pretty awesome.

Or filled with nobs ruining the atmosphere completely :)

Gotta be a risk in anything Miiverse based ;-)

I don't think that idea would work, unfortunately. In another game, yes. Not this one. It would ruin the atmosphere and I think it would make you "too aware" that you're within a game.

Do you know what would be cool? If we could play this game this year...yes, it still hurts. :'(

With all the spunking they're doing over the wii u, naive me is still thinking "timed exclusive"

If that happened, I'm pretty sure my heart will burst through my chest, a la John Hurt.

If it was a timed exclusive I'd have an enormous fangasm! It'd sure be messy!

If it was a timed exclusive I'd have an enormous fangasm! It'd sure be messy!

This is probably why the zombie had swollen glands.

If that happened, I'm pretty sure my heart will burst through my chest, a la John Hurt.

No. That was a puppet.

I'll definetely be picking this up, it looks fantastic and I think the Wii U version will be the one to have.

So the screen is a motion tracker...but there's also one on the screen on the gun...? Awesome...

Does anyone have any good news for the Wii U today?!?!

So the screen is a motion tracker...but there's also one on the screen on the gun...? Awesome...

Does anyone have any good news for the Wii U today?!?!

I think all the other clips from that video are from the other consoles version of the game. I think they just filmed an off-screen clip of the Game Pad features and added it in.

This will be the definative version, and definately one of the strongest [launch] game, so hopefully a bit of a system seller.

This will be the definative version, and definately one of the strongest [launch] game, so hopefully a bit of a system seller.

Isn't this out in early 2013 (February)?

I thought this would be the one they announced as a timed exclusive but nope, nothing.

I think all the other clips from that video are from the other consoles version of the game. I think they just filmed an off-screen clip of the Game Pad features and added it in.

Oh I think this is a shining light of 3rd party support and can't wait for it. Interestingly it's on the wii u launch trailer, but not supposed to be out til february

Isn't this out in early 2013 (February)?

I thought this would be the one they announced as a timed exclusive but nope, nothing.

I still laugh at the idea of this being a timed exclusive. Sega put out a press release last week (or the week before) detailing games they've got coming out/are at E3 and within that release was the February 2013 date for the PC, 360 and PS3 versions of the game and a 2013 date for the Wii U version. No way they'd announce it as a timed exclusive.

Most likely another 'launch window' title. We'll see if they keep it to that.

The WiiU part of it is definitely looking good, fingers crossed the main game holds up. I'm desperately terrified of getting just a bland FPS with some xenomorphs in it.

No. That was a puppet.

The alien however was real.

Anyone else completely lost interest in this? :hmm:

I'm sure it'll perk up at some point. But, I'm not very bothered about this anymore. It's taken/taking far too long. I don't really see what they could be adding to this to justify its February release.

Anyone else completely lost interest in this? :hmm:

I wouldn't say I completely lost interest in this, it's just near the end of the Queue for me. I don't really mind if this isn't a launch title, from now until February there are plenty of top quality titles that will be released.